Chapter 3 – Trials Of The Classroom 1
3.5k 12 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3 - Trials Of The Classroom 1

Even though I’m mentally 50 years old, I sometimes slip and act like a kid. Perhaps it’s due to the effects of my child-like body or the vast amount of knowledge I could get my hands on.

Either way, today is my first day of school in another world. There’s so much I want to learn, and after realising that owning a gun requires a license, which was impossible for kids to obtain, I felt a lot more comfortable going to school.

[New Quest: Befriend kids(0/3)]

Suddenly, on my way to school in a vehicle called an SUV, a quest popped up from the system. It should be easy to make friends with children. Making connections and building trust now should serve as a sort of insurance in case I get arrested in the future.

Currently, my long term goal is to control the world from the shadows. After reading a certain addictive novel on the computer, I got inspired to copy it into real life.

“We’re here now. Do you want me to walk with you to the school gates?”

My mom stopped in a place called a car park near the school. I could see fellow students walking pass the gates with their parents, but, I’m an adult inside so I don’t need another adult walking me to school.

“It’s fine, thank you. Bye!”

“By the way, Allen from next door is in your class, try to get along alright?”

I opened the metal door of the SUV and jumped out onto the hard rocky ground. It seems there’s a kid from next door in my class, but I’ve never met him before, actually, I’ve never been outside of my house that much.

Anyways, I walked down a footpath made of a material called concrete, to the school gates. I see concrete everywhere, and it seems to be pretty durable. I wonder if Mythril or Adamantite is a common material in this world.

I’ve received information from my mom that my class is K-1; I can ask a random student or staff for the location of my classroom. Classes start at 8:45 am and end at 3:00 pm with 2 breaks in between classes. 8:00 am should be around the 3rd-morning bell back in the Kingdom.

After asking a random staff(?) for directions to my class, I found myself in front of an empty classroom, with everyone on the other side of the playground. With nothing left to do, I just sat down on a metal bench nearby and waited. The clock installed on the SUV said it was 8:31 am when I left, so it should be around 8:35 am now, with only 10 minutes left until class starts.

I started scanning my uniform to kill time; my school uniform seems to be a brown one-piece dress with a red neck-bow. The uniform was made of cotton, which was a fairly expensive fabric back in my old world, but not as expensive as silk though.

“Hey! Are you alright?”

A voice suddenly calls out to me while I was analysing my uniform. I look around and saw a girl right next to me. The girl had short black hair reaching her shoulders and deep brown eyes. That reminds me, my hair has grown past my shoulders already. Anyways, this girl is the perfect target for a minion. The girl was a lot taller than me, so she was likely older than me; it might be difficult to manipulate someone older than me.

Manipulating fellow students to help me control the world may sound sinister, but hey, at least they get to learning magic. Still sounds super shady and sinister though.

“Hello? Do you understand English?”

“Yes!”

I’m thinking too far ahead; I need to focus on the situation in front of me first.

“Are you alright? This place is out of bounds; you can’t sit here.”

“Eh?”

“No teacher is supervising this area so it's not safe here. Follow me to where all of the other kindergarteners are at.”

I just stood up and followed the kid- wait no, I’m the younger one here. Anyways, I followed the girl through to a nearby area with a bunch of kids my size, and several teachers on duty.

“Here’s where kids like you stay. Once you go up a grade, you can play in the rest of the school. My name is Amelia from 4-B. How about you?”

“Charlotte from K-1. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

“Woah. What does acquaintance mean?”

“?”

“Anyways, school will start soon; see you later.”

“Goodbye.”

It’s good to act beyond my age so that I can be taken seriously. I definitely need to study more in order to reach the same levels as the others.

Now that I think about it, I was an orphan in my past life so I never got to enjoy having a family. Since I have a family in this life, I mustn’t disappoint them with low grades!

{Ding-a-ling}

It seems the bell has rung. All of the kids my age are rushing towards their classrooms with their parents and some teachers. I also head towards my classroom where a few kids are lined up in front of the door to the class. I went to the back and lined myself up.

“Alright, everyone head in and stand behind a chair.”

After some time, a teacher appears, and everyone quietly enters the classroom, with a few whispers here and there. Once I entered, I stood behind a random chair near the entrance and waited.

The classroom was filled with windows and colourful drawings. There was a sink to the entrance and a room behind a massive TV-looking thing. There were also multiple chairs and desks, facing towards each other instead of straight towards the front of the class; this didn't look like a classroom from my old life. I may need to research more on this.

The teacher enters after the last kid enters the classroom, and closed the door. She told everyone to sit down after taking a seat at a desk in front of the classroom. After some time, the teacher started calling out the names of kids, presumably marking the roll.

“Alright everyone, please come down here and sit a circle so we can introduce ourselves one by one.”

It seems the school is trying to gather intel on the students by masking it as a sort of introduction. Maybe this is a test to determine each child’s abilities. This new world is scary and fascinating indeed.

102