Chapter 2 – Concerns About Schools
3.9k 19 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 - Concerns About School

Two years have passed. I’ve finally come to terms with my new gender, only a little though. I’ve gained some more insight into the language after stealing something called a dictionary, from my dad’s bookshelf.

My dad’s name seems to be Austro, and my mom's name seems to be Ella. I live in an average house compared to my neighbours. I’m not too sure about my family’s social status compared to everyone else though.

I've also learnt how to use the device called the smartphone, and it's not spelt smart-fone apparently.

Using Google, I learnt that there are 193 countries according to something called the UN, I searched deeper into the UN, and it seems to be a global alliance or peacekeeping force of sort. I thought the concept was fairly flawed at first, but, considering the technology, it might not be.

There are three countries considered the most powerful, with several countries behind it. I’ve never really touched politics since it sounded bothersome in my past life, but, it might be fun to see what I can do with the power and technology of this world.

The amount of knowledge contained within the device called computer and the device called smartphone is amazing. The computer seems to be widespread, but it’s very intricate and difficult to use. Luckily, I had the system explain to me how to use it. Magic is also considered fictional over here.

Considering how I can use magic, and everyone can’t, I seem to be on life - easy mode. Albeit, my magic can’t defend against certain things like nuclear bombs. It was practically a class 11 spell, which is beyond what I can do right now. Also, it seems like power rangers were fictional, so a giant metal machine that shoots lasers doesn't exist.

My country is considered pretty well off, but its military is pretty weak compared to other countries. Luckily, it’s allied with a powerful militaristic country called The United States Of America. I'm not too sure about everything, but, The United State Of America is called the strongest country in the world, which means we should be safe from invasions.

For now, I must do some more research. It's already midnight, but, staying up late was pretty normal in my past life.

---

After spending all night, secretly researching things on the computer, I had small bags under my eyes during breakfast. My parents were concerned, but, I just told them I had nightmares about thermonuclear bombs. They looked at me strangely for some reason when I said that. Isn’t it normal to worry about something that can instantly wipe out a city? I remember kids in my old world worrying about the invasion of the Empire all the time.

“Hey Lotte, we’ll be shopping for school supplies today. You’re finally going to go to kindergarten, aren’t you excited?”

I began having flashbacks of school as soon as I heard the word. Back then, I entered a magic academy at a young age, and it was a torturous experience. I was doing 5th-grade magic theory at age 6, I’m wasn’t sure why, but it was impossible to learn despite being one grade down. I was pretty sure other kids were doing 6th-grade magic at 6 years old. I didn’t know how I managed to pass school. There were noble's children everywhere, and deaths from duels were fairly frequent. I don’t want to learn anything 5th grade, and maybe even die from school.

This kindergarten thing seems to be the lowest grade, but considering the technological gap, it may be even more difficult than 5th-grade magic theory. There also exist weapons like guns to replace magic. I’ve seen guns in what seems to be animated propaganda, something called a cartoon. One of the most destructive guns I knew of was an RPG, which is a mini-bomb that you can fire at will. I will be blown to smithereens if I ever enter a duel. Not to mention artillery cannons.

“Mom, I don’t want to go to kindergarten, I don’t want to die.”

I pleaded my mother to spare me. I thought that this life was one easy mode, not impossible mode! Did the system make a mistake?

[No]

I ignored the system and returned my focus to my mom.

“You need to go to school; you don’t have a choice. And you’re not going to die. Where did you even get that from?”

My mother tried to comfort me, but, I don't think I can fight using weapons of this world. Even if I had nuclear bombs, I can still be killed. Just in case, I tried to confirm things with my mom.

“So, I won’t be blown up by an AGM-84 harpoon missile?”

“Of course not! Darling, what did you make our Lotte watch?!”

“Nothing! I swear, I just showed her some rugby, and that’s it!”

My mother stood up from her chair and walked towards me. My mother was definitely a beauty up close, with long brown hair and red eyes like mine. She puts her hand on my shoulder and looked straight into my soul.

“Listen here. School is a safe place to learn about numbers and letter. There’s no such thing as that harpoon missile nonsense.”

“O-okay…”

“Now, finish your toast, and go back into your room. I’ll tell you when to go back down in 20 minutes so we can go shop for school supplies, after I have a talk with daddy, alright?”

“Okay!”

The aura emitted by my mom was very dangerous. I could hear my dad shrieking in the corner. Good luck, dad.

I quickly finished my breakfast and went back to my room, researching some more about kindergarten in order to confirm my mom’s words. Those missiles travel very fast and far; you can never know when they hit you.

118