Chapter 5 – The Beginning
2.7k 18 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 5 - The Beginning

 

“Hey system, is there any skills to accelerate my learning?”

[Yes. 

 Skill: Accelerated Learning

 Description: Increase the speed of learning by 2x.

 Cost: 2 Skill points]

“Ooo. Can I purchase that one then?”

[Comfirm/Cancel]

“Confirm!”

[Transaction complete. 

 New Skill: Accelerated Learning]

With accelerated learning, I should be able to learn everything a lot quicker. Now, I need to get insurance before trying to control the world. 

“Oh, there you are!”

I jumped when a loud voice came out of nowhere. It was one of Amelia’s friends; it seems I’ve won as the last person hiding. 

“You’re pretty smart. I never knew you were so close.”

“Eheh, thanks.”

Indeed, warfare is not just about the physical battles, but, psychological battles as well. Many years of experience have come in handy.

“Anyways, it’s almost class time. We don’t have enough time to play a full game, so let’s just chat.”

“Have you heard? WW3 is probably going to start soon.”

“Yeah. I want to enlist into the army and fight, but I’m too young.”

“Yeah, we’re too young to enter anything.”

“I’m not too young to enter your mom though.”

“Oi, shut up, I entered your mom and dad yesterday.”

Is it normal for kids to make euphemisms about entering each other’s parent's house? While the two guys continued arguing, I walked towards the girls to see what they were talking about.

“Have you seen him? He sounds so hot!”

“Yeah! I know, right?!”

Even though my gender is female now, I still feel uncomfortable talking about hot guys. There don’t seem to be anything that interests me too much. 

Oh, I need to eat my apple before class starts. 

As I munch away at my apple, a random guy sits next to me, holding a cold drink.

“You’re the kid Amelia talked about, right?”

This must be the guy that disappeared earlier.

“Yeah.”

“I’m Alfred from 3-S, how about you?”

“Charlotte. K-1.”

“You don’t talk much. Do you have anything you’re interested in?”

I’m not bothered to talk too much, and there’s no point in lying to him since he’ll just disappear sooner or later. This Alfred guy doesn't look too old though; he seems to be around my age. 

Anyways, I’ll just reply with a cultured novel to see if he’s intelligent, like me.

“The novel, Controlling The World From The Shadows.”

“Oh! I also like that novel a lot. Do you want to about it?”

{Ding-a-ling}

“Let’s talk about it at lunch.”

“Sure.”

I turn around a walked back to class, lining up just like this morning, watching out for any surprise duels.

---

After waiting around 10 minutes past the bell, the teacher finally showed up and opened the door. The kids are still talking despite break being over. I just went to my desk and sat down when the teacher told me to. 

“Alright, please pair up with the person next to you and discuss your likes and dislikes. You have 10 minutes.”

I turn around and looked at a boy next to me. We’re both staring at each other, waiting for the other to engage in a conversation. 

After some time, I gave up and started a conversation.

“Hello, I’m Charlotte, nice to meet you.”

“I’m Allen. Are you Charlotte from next door?”

“Oh, probably?”

“Woah. Nice to meet you. I never see you play outside.”

“I’m too busy researching to go outside.”

“Re-sir-chin? What is that?”

Wait, he doesn’t know what that means? Does that mean... I’ve got it all wrong? This is suspicious; the same thing keeps happening. 

After some deep thinking, I realised my mistake.

It’s so obvious! Of course, school here isn’t like school in my old world. I’m getting everything mixed up. But I can’t be too sure outside of school though.

“Alright let’s start sharing!”

Just when I finished thinking, the teacher announced the end of the 10 minutes.

---

The rest of the school day was the same stuff, talking about interests and so on. I’ve managed to befriend Alfred and convinced him to join my scheme. Alfred promised not to say anything and swore loyalty to me after I went on a rant about my plans.

Now, it’s time to mobilise and begin building up power.

[New quest: Blackmail the Government]

Wait! Isn’t this moving too fast? I can’t blackmail the Government yet! I haven’t built up any power at all!

[You can use magic to access classified information with the help of the system. You can also help the Government gather intel using something called hacking.]

The latter sounds a lot safer, but, to gain credibility, I guess I have to blackmail them. Working as an information broker sounds like a fun job. I wonder where should I start?

[The system shall guide you]

You know what? The system isn’t as annoying after all; the system is pretty useful.

 

Author Note: Join discord here - https://discord.gg/j6RNAKEPnD
97