Chapter 4.5 – A Mother’s Trouble
2.7k 8 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4.5 - A Mother’s Trouble

Charlotte, or Lotte for short, was born and raised normally, but, there’s something off about her. As her mother, I wanted to dive deeper into what she’s thinking while respecting her privacy, but that might be impossible.

Lotte often plays on my phone and computer, just like any normal kid, but she searches the strangest things. Searches such as, ‘what’s the most powerful weapon in the world,’ 'what government system does Australia have,’ and ‘Where nuclear bombs stored.’ I’m not sure if kids are supposed to search for such things.

The day before, Lotte was scared to go to school because of some sort of harpoon missile. I thought my husband was showing her weird things, but it turns out, he wasn’t, after a special interrogation.

I’m worried if Lotte is alright, could this be signs that she’s smart? Maybe I worry too much.

Tomorrow, Lotte will be going to school. I hope she makes some friends. She rarely leaves her room. I should restrict her computer time a little and make her play with the neighbour’s kid, Allen.

Allen is a nice kid, so they should get along well. I’ve read a lot of parenting books, telling me to let my child grow naturally with freedom and find their own way in life, but I guess too much freedom is also bad.

I hope this is just one of those phases, and she will return to being a normal, healthy, active kid. Actually, I should visit Allen’s mom for some advice, and maybe they can play together after school as well.

93