Chapter 19 – Gamer’s Gathering 1
1.4k 14 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19 - Gamer's Gathering 1

 

“Hey, do you guys want to meet up in real life?’

{Are you sure? Do you have your mom’s permission?}

“It’s fine; I will have someone with me.”

{I don’t mind, we all live in Sydney, right? I think we should visit Westfield in XXXX. We need time and date as well.}

“How about, tomorrow, at 9:00 am?”

{Sure}

{I have time}

{Alright}

{Sorry, I’m busy for the week. You guys go without me.}

“Alright, it’s decided. Now let’s queue up for one last round tonight.”

---

Today, I was heading out to hang with some online friends. I’m pretty sure it’s fine, plus, I have a bodyguard next to me. I got myself a debit card under my mom’s name, with around $200,000 in it. When I told my mom I was going out, she ordered 5 bodyguards to go with me, but I managed to convince her to reduce it to one. I still have 3 bodyguards following me from far away though.

I walked up to a beautiful fountain, where we were supposed to meet, and waited. The guard that was next to me is called Bella. Bella was assigned as a personal guard for me. I didn’t like having bodyguards, but I guess I can’t complain much. I’m a mere prey in front of an apex predator, my mom.

“Hey… could you possibly be BrokerInformer01?”

A random girl called out to me whilst I was thinking. Bella tried to move in front of me, but I raised my hand to stop her.

“UnicorrnCrusher09?”

“Yes! Uh, just call me Beth.”

The girl in front of me looked around 20, with black hair reaching her shoulders and deep green eyes. The girl seemed flustered when I called her by her username. There were two other guys with her.

One guy looked like a typical high school delinquent, with messy blonde hair and scary blue eyes. The other guy had short black hair, but his bangs pretty much covered his brown eyes. They all look like high school students or freshman college students. They must be from the same high school.

“Well you see, we’re all friends from the same college. We usually play games together. Once again, I’m beth. The delinquent is Jack, and the zombie is Kurion.”

Did she read my mind or something?

“Hey! Who are you calling delinquent.”

“Well, nice to meet you. My name is Charlotte. This here is Bella; my bodyguard.”

“Bodyguard!? Wow, so you’re a pretty young miss of a major family, just like the ones in a manga!”

“?”

I was confused. First Anna Mae, then Hen Tie, and now Marn Ga? I should ask them about it later.

“Nice to meet you as well. Durion, say something.”

Jack elbowed Durion, but he didn’t move at all. He was literally a zombie. I have enough mana to cast light magic for 10 seconds, which should be enough to kill him. I also have Bella with me.

“I’m sorry about him. He’s dangerous since he’s kind of a loli-”

“N-nice to meet you! I’m Durion.”

“Uh, nice to meet you?”

“He’s a loli enthusiast.”

Thinking about Beth’s information, I quickly took cover behind Bella, ready to cast some light magic at any time.

“Can I eliminate him now?”

“Wait! Wait! Wait! He’s a perfectly normal guy! He just becomes weird whenever a cute loli appears. Don’t kill him!”

“O-okay. If you say so.”

It seems Beth still valued this zombie’s life. The zombie began drooling, without saying anything or moving. Bella began to take a fighting stance as Beth tried to calm everything down.

Where’s Jack? Oh, he’s over there buying some ice cream. It’s pretty warm today. I should get ice cream as well.

I walked up to the ice cream stand Jack was at, leaving Bella and the others to their own things.

"Hey! Can I get a vanilla cone?"

"One vanilla cone, coming right up."

Jack was surprised by my sudden appearance and almost dropped his strawberry cone. He didn't look like the type to order a strawberry cone, but you can't judge a book by its cover after all.

"Here you go, that'll be $12."

"Here."

As I reached for my card, Jack gave the ice cream man a $20 bill. I was pretty surprised. Either way, I had plenty of money to spend, so I should politely decline him.

"I have a card. You don't need to pay for me."

"No. It's fine."

"Nono. I have plenty of money on this card."

"It's not a matter of money, but a matter of pride."

"O-oh."

Well, it's difficult to convince someone when their pride is at stake. I suppose I'll have to withdraw and eat my ice cream for now.

"So good!"

The ice cream was nice and cool, which was perfect for a warm day like today, and it was sweet, but not too sweet. I've never had any ice cream before, but I've seen it plenty of times. I never thought this was so good.

I can't wait to start shopping. I rarely shopped in my previous life. I should definitely get a lot of food first!

51