Chapter 2
1.1k 5 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*TITITI...*

''Uhhh...''

''Looks like it wasn't a dream.''

Lucie slowly gets up from her bed and turns off the alarm. As she was thinking about what to do today, she was interrupted.

'Where is the bathroom? My blather will burst any second now!'

As Lucie was looking where is the bathroom doors she found a screen embedded in the wall next to her bed she quickly scans the screen with her phone and opens the bathroom doors on the right wall. She rushes to the toilet and makes it in time.

''Sigh~''

'Now then I should probably take a shower.'

*Gurgurgurg...*

'And find something to eat.'

Lucie just remembered that yesterday she was having so much fun she totally forgot to eat and skipped lunch and dinner. People in this world can manage without food longer, but they still need to eat. The higher Tier your cores are the less you need food, water, and sleep to survive, but Tier 1 still needs all that, just a little less than humans on Earth.

Lucie took a nice long shower. After taking the shower she dried her hair and went to the room where was the bed. It took some while to take proper care of her long hair. She put her sleepwear in the coffer and started to look for her phone. After a little looking she found it on the floor next to the embedded screen on the wall next to her bed's right side. She picked her phone off the ground at checked if it's broken, and it was totally fine.

'Now then, what other things this room has?'

These embedded screens or room terminals had many functions and one of them is the access to these ''hidden rooms''. That is why Lucie rushed to the room terminal when she saw it, she herself didn't have these when she lived in her apartment because it's not that cheap and the room she rented at the time was pretty old, for this world's standards.  These terminals actually aren't really usually made to open some ''hidden bathrooms'' because people don't need that. They can open just regular doors. Room terminals function to open ''hidden doors'' are mostly used for secret rooms where the owner doesn't want the others to go in, and the room that the owner wants to hide needs to be made like a hidden room with doors or entrance to blend with surroundings.

As you can see, hiding the bathroom isn't really common.

'But why just until now I didn't notice this terminal?'

After some thinking, she just dismissed it as her being tired to notice, after all yesterday was her first day in this room. And with that out of the way she started looking at what this room terminal had to offer. She knew how to use them because some of her jobs she needed to use them, as one of her office jobs when she was working overtime in winter and needed the room's temperature to be higher.

She found out that this room's terminal has all the basic features, like temperature control, cleaning, light control, and more. On the other hand, it had one more ''hidden room'' not only it had a bathroom in this room, it still had a closet. It was a pretty big closet but Lucie will be here just another six days and didn't want to take her clothes and other things in the closet, because she will need to put them back in the coffer in six days.

'Oh wait, I was sleeping with the lights on all the time...'

She wasn't worried about the bill, but still, that was something she just thought about. It has a function where it turns the lights on and off if it senses the owner or the one living in this room leaving or coming in. After some time playing around with the terminal she dressed, took her board, and was ready to go. She just needed to decide where she wants to go. 

*Gurgurgur~*

'Right...food, and then I should decide where to go.'

Lucie was wearing a similar outfit as yesterday. She locked her room, hopped on her board, and started heading where the city zone was. 


This time it took much less time to get to the city zone, after all her board's speed was much waster than her walking speed. 

Lucie was a little hungry and wanted something to eat on the go, and as she didn't want to think too much, she just figured she will go to the sandwich couple stall. 

With a destination in mind, Lucie picked up the speed, and after a little while, she was near the stall. Lucie hopped off her board and picked it up.

''Hello.''

The register or the front of the stall was manned by the same lady.

''Hello, how can I help you...Oh my, aren't you the young lady from yesterday!?''

The woman was little surprised, but not in a bad way.

''Heheh~ yes I am. Can I have two chicken sandwiches?''

''Yes, of course, that will be 5 Arus total.''

As Lucie paid for the sandwiches, she saw the lady going where her husband yesterday was making the sandwich.

'Interesting looks like her husband is out. I presume he is her husband. What happened to him? Is he just out, is he sick or worst?'

Lucie was a person that sometimes got a little too interested, and when she got like that she lets her imagination run wild, so to settle it down she just asked the women that probably knew the answer.

''Um, can I ask a question if you don't mind?''

The woman was still making the sandwiches but without slowing down or turning around she still heard the question and answered back.

''If know the answer then sure.''

''Then can I ask where your 'husband?' is?''

Lucie asked her question, and as she didn't know if he was really her husband, she didn't sound certain about the husband part so she kind of asked that in a way.

''Giggle~, he is out he just needed to do some things.''

She probably giggled at Lucie's husband part.

''Well then her is your sandwiches.''

''Thank you!''

Lucie took her sandwiches and heeded to the park she was at yesterday.


~Alena POV~

Her name is Alena, she and her husband were the owners of a stall. They mostly make sandwiches, but she and her husband are really skilled at baking bread, but because of the low income, they make sandwiches. They at the start wanted to open a bakery with different kinds of bread, but as this was the HQ of UA there were many bakeries with years of experience so the competition was big. At start, they tried and opened the bakery but it didn't go well, except for some random customers, they didn't have any, and with time they went bankrupt.

Fortunately, they didn't take any loans and such to save the crumbling business and so they didn't have debt. Their children wanted to help but they knew that taking money from their children will only prolong the inevitable so they didn't. They had two children they are twins boy and a girl. They both are adventurers right now and are doing pretty good.

Now back to the stall. They opened their stall because they still wanted to make bread after all that was what they liked to do, and the stall was a lot cheaper to operate than a bakery. The bakery didn't go out of business because the bread was bad on the contrary it was really good but it was a small business, and against the big ones that were here for years and had gotten the approval of the resident's here it was nothing because even if your bread is the best if you don't have regular costumers it will go bankrupt.

And they have operated this stall for about 3 years and they had some regulars and business was doing fine, but at the same time, it didn't go up either. After all, they need to pay for all the ingredients to make the bread and for chicken and other stuff for sandwiches, on top of that, they needed to pay for their own living expenses.

Well, at least that is what was happening until yesterday. Alena was standing in front of the register as per usual, but that day was different because one of the customers was a really beautiful young lady. The transaction wasn't much and after getting her sandwiches the lady left, but these hind of people especially with that high of charm usually attracts attention. After the lady left Alena heard some people talking.

''Wow, did you see that lady, she was really beautiful~!''

''Yes, and she was tall too! Is she a model?''

''Should I ask her out on a date?''

''She is way above our league, so I won't stop you but the possibility of her rejecting you is high.''

''Wait she just bought something from that stall!''

''Oh, if someone like her bought something from there it must be good, right?''

''Probably, I will go buy something from there too...''

And that kind of talk was all around after all beautiful people attracts attention and at the same time they are a good advertisement for businesses. After that their customers that day skyrocketed and the income was big. And there were many that bought another after the first order.

'''Mmm~, this is pretty good!"

''Yes, I didn't know that there was this good of a food/snack right under our noses.''

''I will probably become regular here!''

That day was pretty good, and that was why her husband was today out and was shopping for higher quality ingredients, with the big money. 

Alena was happy about what happened yesterday and that was why she was little surprised when she saw the young lady from yesterday again today. 

She knew that helping the business probably wasn't the lady's intention but she still was grateful, so she put her all in making the young girls sandwiches. She was a bit surprised when she was asked about her husband but nevertheless, she was happy. And today was little busier than yesterday and she needed to manage everything by herself until her husband returned and started to help her. 


~Lucies POV~

Right now Lucie is in the park leaning against a tree and eating her second sandwich, and looking at the map on her phone's screen. She was looking where she could find something to do or just spend time. She could go to the skatepark again, but she wanted to do something else.

As she was looking at the map she saw a big building on the map, it was the library.

'I could go to the library, it will be time well spent.'

After all, her [Super Learning] is practically made for gaining knowledge and at the library, she could learn many things. With that in mind, she finished her sandwich and headed to the library.

After some maneuvering between people and buildings, Lucie was in front of the library's main entrance. At the entrance were two guards with swords at their hips and whole metal-like armor.

She took her board and went inside the library. The first thing she saw when she entered were many shelves full of books, and further in there was a reception desk and behind it was an elf lady whit blond long hair and leaf green eyes. The receptionist right now was reading some kind of book.

Lucie went to the receptionist to ask about the rules because she didn't really know how things worked here. 

''Hello, can you tell me what are the rules I should know while I'm at the library?''

The elf lady, stopped after a bit, she put a bookmark on the page she left, closed the book, and put it down on the desk, and only then did she answered Lucie's question.

''Is this your first time visiting this library?''

The lady asked with a calm and steady voice while.

''Yes''

''Alright. Then all the books you can read on the spot for free but if you want to take some home with you then payment is needed to be made at it differs by how many, what kind and how long will you be taking the books. If you lose the books that you have taken home you will be charged double the amount of Arus, of its market value. Reading books in the library you should be respectful of others and don't disturb them as well your not allowed to bring food or drinks in the library. Are there any questions?''

With a professional look, she explained everything. After Lucie tough about she had one question.

''How long can I stay here to read books?''

''The library is opened all 24 hours so you can stay here as long as you need, of course, that's if you intend to read books, otherwise, you will be escorted out of the library.''

''Thank you for the explanation.''

'''Your welcome.''

And with that, the elf lady continued reading her book. Lucie took one last glance and went searching for the books she wants to read and was useful. 

After some time she was sitting at a table in the reading area, with a little mountain of books, there were books about different languages, the language mostly used is called the [common] language but there are elven, dwarven, ancient and many more, there were books of monsters and their biology/anatomy as well the same kind of books about humans and other kinds of races, and books about weapons, alchemy, science, combat and many more different kinds of books. She was little impressed by the number of people in the library reading books, but she quickly remembered what she came here to do.

'Ok~, I should probably start with language and work from there.'

With some kind of plan in mind, she turned [Super Learning] in active mode. The moment she turned it in active mode or more precisely activated it on full power her eyes let out little dark purple light like the pupils were shining themselves. 

After about 30min she stopped reading and turned her ability back to passive mode. Lucie, as she was now, could go 30min without stop in her active mode if she doesn't move much any longer and she will run out of mana. When someone runs out of mana they will pass out.

Lucie started to meditate because in meditative state mana recovers quicker. After about 10min of meditation, her mana was fully recovered and she again turned on her ability on active mode and started to read again.

Like this Lucie was reading books at amazing speed and remembering everything to the smallest detail. After some time she was through more than half of the books she first had, and she was ready to recover her mana again after depleting it after using her abilities active mode...but.

''Don't you get bored repeating the same thing over and over, how about you come with me to the moves or some restaurant? I pay of course!''

That thing was annoying her for the past three recovery cycles this is the fourth. After some time in the library, there were boys that asked her on a date or something similar, there was few but mostly playboys and young master who had rich parents. But Lucie rejected every time, some needed more than others for them to leave but with little time most left, but this one didn't and was right now sitting in front of her. He had an athletic body, light brown hair, and eyes, he had some kind of earing on his right ear. Now by that, anybody can tell he is from a rich background but he still had two bodyguards standing behind him, on top of that he was a playboy. He had two girls pressings their jugs on him, on his both sides. Those two had skimpy outfits that are revealing most of the skin. 

Lucie tried to make him leave but he just didn't move from that seat, so she just decided to ignore him. So she entered the meditative state and ignored her surroundings.


~Playboys(Kyle) POV~

Kyle was from a rich household his father was a successful merchant and his mother was from a noble house.

Kyle was gifted with good looks plus rich and noble background, from a young age he was doted by his parents and grandparents. His life was full of luxury, many women were ready to do anything he asked for little attention from him, and if not he could just show some riches and then they will be pursued. Of course, there were exceptions and he didn't really care about them after all he had many more he can choose from. But this one right in front of him he didn't want to give up, she was the most beautiful woman he has seen and he wanted her. 

Kyle wasn't a resident's of the UA HQ and was here just because his father had some business here. His family was provided residents in one of the VIP floors but Kyle got bored and wanted to explore the common floors and maybe get some women to spend the night with him.

He had two personal bodyguards assigned by his parents and they followed him almost everywhere.

On this common floor, he found two women he took some liking to and invited with him on his walk, and of course, they automatically agreed, those two are sisters and he was pleased with them. They walked around a little bit around the city zone and entered some entertainment buildings.

After walking around a bit he was ready to walk to the nearest place he could let out his lust on the two sisters. But today he wanted one more woman to ravage but he didn't really want to wander around looking for one that he would fancy, so he had an idea.

''Hey, you two.''

''''Yes~?''''

''Do you know where I can find beautiful women so we can have more people for the fun. If I take liking to her I can promise you both you will get a reward.''

After both of them thought a little they started to talk with each other in front of him.

''Hey sister should we tell about the beautiful lady that we saw today?''

And that got his attention.

''What lady?''

''There was this really beautiful lady we saw today!''(Sister 1)

''Yes, I have never seen someone with that high of a charm!''(Sister 2)

''Do you know where she is?''

He was getting a little excited.

''The last place we saw her was when she went in the library when we both were passing by.''

Kyle quickly turned to one of his bodyguards with excitement.

''Fast get me my car we are going to the library to look if we can find the women they are talking about.''

Yes, Kyle had a car with him, and the only reason he walked was because he wanted to show off his wealth and mostly his looks.

After a bit of a time they were in front of the library. Kyle was little excited but he was ready for disappointment after all he has seen many kinds of women, plus there is a big chance the lady isn't here. With both sisters on his sides and bodyguards behind him, he went straight for the reading area.

After they arrived one of the sisters exclaimed.

''There! The lady is reading books in that corner!''

Kyle looked in the direction she was pointing and was astounded. He was ready for any kind of woman but he didn't expect her to be so enchanting.

''Young master are you alright?''

''Huh? Yes, I'm alright.''

He was in trans just looking at her from this distance if the guard didn't wake him up he would be probably standing here for some time.

Without thinking he approached her.

''Hey, there young lady why don't we go have some fun.''

With a proud and confident smile, he asked the girl in front of him. 

''No thank you, I'm good.''

Although to Kyle it wasn't really the answer he wanted, he didn't falter and asked her again but this time emphasizing his jewelry on him and the outfit.

''How about I get you some gift?''

But she didn't spear a glance to him and just answered with a calm voice.

''I will refuse, I'm little busy right now.''

And that wasn't really the answer he was expecting after all most of the women will chase him if he shows off how rich he is, at least the common will.

After that, he spent his time trying to pursue her but he just got ignored after a while. He really didn't want to give up but after a while, he needed to go, he didn't want to spend more time doing nothing more than sitting in one spot.

And it's not like he can use force, he was confident in his bodyguard strength outclassed the young ladies, but he knew the librarian will beat if not kill them and him with ease. He wasn't a saint and had gotten some things with force.

Even if Kyle didn't persuade her today he still won't give up and will try again the next day. He was here in UA HQ for three more days.

With that, he went having fun with the sisters.


~Lucies POV~

After some time the annoying playboy went away and Lucie could continue her book reading in peace. Most if not all of the day she spent in the library and only after reading all the books she took she stopped reading.

''Yaaaawn~''

Lucie looked at one of the clocks while yawning and saw it was pretty late, she looked around and most of the people that were here were gone and without her, there were only four left. Lucie was little surprised that she was so immersed in reading she didn't see time go by and it was almost midnight.

With how late it was Lucie took all the books she read and placed them where she got them. It took her a little bit of time but in the end, she found all the places she took books from. 

Lucie took her board and went out to the library's exit, the elf lady was still reading the same book, the book was about exotic plants and trees and the cover of the book was written in elven. With that observation over, Lucie left the library. 

She hopped on her board and headed to her room. 

After getting in her room Lucie remembered she hasn't eaten anything except the sandwiches in the morning.

'I should probably eat something, but I don't want to leave my room anymore. Yes, the answer to my problems is delivery!'

With that in mind Lucie takes out her phone and finds delivery services, she orders some sushi, soup, and something to drink.

'Well, now that's out of the way I should probably take a shower.'

Lucie takes off her clothes and leaves them on the floor, she goes to the terminal opens the bathroom, and goes to take a shower.

It took her some time to shower and as she was drying her hair she heard a ring.

'Looks like my food is here.'

''Coming!''

Lucie wrapped a towel around herself and went to pick her food, as she opened the door there stood a young boy with her food in hand. 

''Here's your foo....d.''

The young man looked surprised when he saw Lucie but she didn't mind and took the food, and went inside closing the doors behind her. 

'Looks like this business isn't automated in delivery.'

There were businesses that used robots or AI to deliver food to different places, but it wasn't more used than human-powered ones.

Taking her clothes off the ground with her free hand she put them on her coffer. She sat on her bed and started to open her food. With one hand she picked up her food and ate with the other hand she was looking at her phone and looking at what was going on in this world. But nothing really interesting wasn't going on, so Lucie ate her food, dressed in her nightwear set her usual alarm, and went to sleep.

'Oops, almost forgot to turn the lights off!'

After turning the lights off she went to sleep.

 

22