Chapter 3
836 9 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the next three days, Lucie did the same routine. She woke up, took shower, got dressed then she went to buy sandwiches from the same stall and went to the library to read books and then orders food to her room when she is done her session in the library. The only thing that changed was that the stall was getting more customers by day and today she needed to wait in line, it wasn't big, but still, on the first and second day she had no line in front of her, but nonetheless, she still goes there for her breakfast. 

Lucie tried a different place one time but she preferred that stall, that the couple was managing. 

And the second thing that changed was...

''I don't understand how you can spend all this time reading some books. You should relax and have some fun, and I know a good place. How about it?''

Yes, this playboy was here every day talking with her and inviting her to go out. What surprised her a little bit was that he didn't have any girls with him today only his two usual bodyguards. The days before he had two or more women by his side. But nevertheless, Lucie just ignored him, but for some reason, he didn't give up.

Right now she was recovering her mana and was ready to end her reading today. Usually, the playboy was long gone as he didn't stay in the library this long. It was almost midnight, as usual, these past days. Lucie started to put the books in their respected places. As she was placing books she saw the playboy saying something to his bodyguards and them nodding.

Lucie had a presumption that he was scheming about something, and it involved her. As she didn't want to get dragged in a mess, she thought of a simple and efficient method. Of course, Lucie could be totally wrong and it had zero connections with her. 

After placing all the books in the right places she took her board and went to the exit. She saw the playboy and his bodyguards following her a few paces behind. 

'Looks like he really was scheming something.'

Lucie smirked a little bit. She was confident if he hasn't prepared something complicated she can get away from him easily.


~Kyles POV~

The past few days Kyle was trying many different kinds of ways to pursue the young lady to have some fun with him. He tried to invite her to fancy restaurants, VIP seats at movies, offering many expensive gifts but she rejected all of that.

'Don't blame me for being a little forceful.'

After all those attempts and failing he wasn't happy. This was the last day he will be at the UA HQ and he really wanted to taste this lady and he was ready to use some forceful means. He knew that no one will interrupt him if they knew what is good for them.

After a long time of sitting and being ignored the girl started to put books on shelves. He whispered to his guards to be ready.

His plan was, the moment they exit the library to forcefully get her in his car that is parked near the exit. He was confident that he could do this easily, after all, she won't be protected by the librarian out of the library and the guards near can be bought with some money.

They started following her as she went to the exit and as the lady went through the library's doors he was ready to initiate his plan. But he got surprised, the moment she was out of the library she hopped on her board and went full speed. 

Kyle was so surprised that he needed a few seconds to register what just happened.

''FUUUUCK!!!''

He was so angry he wanted to chase her but he knew it was no use she was long gone. He was so mad he was swearing right in front of the library all the curses he could think of.

After he calmed down a bit he wanted to go back to the residents his family was staying.


~Lucies POV~

"HAHAHA~''

Lucie was laughing her head off, because she heard that playboy yelling and cursing in distance. She laughed a little bit after she was out of range to hear him cursing. She was happy for ruining his ''great'' plan.

This day for Lucie was pretty normal if you don't count this incident and she was ready to retire for the day. 

As usual, Lucie got to her room, ordered some food, browsed the internet to see what's new, and went to sleep. She had two more days to wait here and then she will officially start her job.


The next day it was like usual, but with the exception that the playboy wasn't here, and Lucie was satisfied with this development and spent the rest of her day uninterrupted, well if you exclude some boys getting rejected from time to time. She forgot about that because when the playboy was here no one came near here.

But the last day was different than she expected it to be.

*TITITI...*

The start of the day was, as usual, she woke up took shower. But as she finished putting her clothes on she heard someone ringing the 'bell' to summon her at the doors.

''Coming!''

'Who might that be?'

She was a little surprised by that and had no idea who might that be.

Lucie opened the door and in front of her stood a woman in a black suit, with short blond hair reaching her shoulders, sky blue eyes and she looked kind of cute. She was shorter than Lucie. 

If Lucie had to guess the woman is about 165 cm tall. While Lucie was looking and assessing the women she got interrupted.

''Hello, Leader of Team Zero Lucie Alpha. My name is Sara Fullsky. I will be something like your team's manager.''

With a professional tone, she started talking to Lucie and it kind of put her off the balance but she was more startled when she heard the first part of all that.

''Wait, wait, wait! What do you mean Leader of Team Zero?''

"You have been selected as the Leader of Team Zero. You have been selected because of your abilities utility and determined to be the best fit for the leader position.''

''Ok..., so why are you here?''

''As the assigned manager to the Team Zero, it is my job to help you. One of the things is to help you get ready for the job. Today I'm here to answer your questions, and get you the needed information.''

''Ok... I guess then come in for now.''

Without hesitation, Sara went into Lucie's room the black heels announcing her every step.

''Before we start you need to read all the information here.''

Sara gives Lucie a black tablet.

''What is this?''

''It's information about your teammates that will be joining Team Zero.''

With that answer, Lucie started reading the information on the tablet. 

[Aurora Scalewind

Age:16

Secondary Core: Special (Shockwave)

Race: Human-Dragonkin(50%-50%)

Born in a proper family, but because of the father's divorce after he became successful with his business her family was living in poor conditions. She is living with her mother and younger sister...]

And the information goes on for some time but in short. Her father left her and her mother and the younger sister and left them in a bad situation. Then her cores ability [Shockwave], it has the power to create shockwaves with her moves the faster and stronger the movement is the stronger the shockwave. The shockwaves she creates can be used in range but they are much lethal in close combat, because if she makes contact with the target she can make her shockwaves go through its body, and if it's alive its organs can become a mess. There is some more information but that is about it. At the bottom, there is her picture and some measurements.

She is 178 cm tall, she has white short hair that is above her shoulders, the eyes are gray and look kind of enticing, she has lean muscles and had little pail skin color. And there was her three measurements. It looked like her boobs were C little about the same size as Lucies, maybe a little smaller. And her race being half dragonkin gave her a strong body.

Lucie read about different races and every race except humans had some kind of skill they are born with, one of the skill dragonkin have are their very strong bodies, even the half ones. She looks like a human, her mother is a dragonkin so the father probably was human.

[Mara Clayclaw

Age:16

Secondary core: Special (Beast UP)

Race: Beastkin(Feline)

Born in farmer's family with one older brother and two younger siblings a boy and a girl...]

So Mara has a normal farmer family with a mother, father and she has three siblings. The interesting thing is her race, usually when beastkin has listed race it showed in more detail like Beastkin(cat) or (tiger) or if it's from a magical bloodline it still is shown. It is the doing of her ability [Beast UP] the ability strengthens all her senses that are already strong for beastkin and even evolved her beast mode. Beast mode is a special skill for beastkin it allows them to get all-around stronger but at the same time it is pretty stamina costly, but Tier 1 beastkin can still activate the mode for about an hour. But Mara can do that for about three hours and her attributes are strengthened when in beast mode much higher than normal beastkin. And it looks like it changed her bloodline too to some extent and it still isn't clear what it is so it is registered as Feline for now.

Next is her looks she is 175 cm high she has dark purple hair and eyes, her eyes look a little bit like gems. Her hair is long and straight, they reach her lower back. She has little bit tanned skin color, and has some lean muscle but a little less than Aurora. And of course, Lucie needs to check her three sizes and she found out her boobs are B sized. And she has cat ears on top of her head and she has a cat tail, both are the same color as her hair.

[Emma Secondstate

Age:16

Secondary core: Special (Liquid manipulation)

Race: Light elf

Born...]

Emma was born in a noble household, which is known for its good mages, but Emma was born with a special core not a magic one as her second core. After Emma turned 16 she was thrown out of her household and stripped of her surname, probably because one of the elf born skills is that they are good at manipulating mana and that was very good if you had a magic core, of course, other cores need mana manipulation too but magic needs it more. So she like Lucie could choose her own surname. Her ability [Liquid manipulation] allowed her to control any kind of liquid no matter what kind of liquid it was.

In this world, there are many different elves not just light elves, like dark elves, wood elves... and more.

Emma was about 181 cm tall, a little taller than Lucie. She had long platinum blond hair that reached her lower back and emerald green eyes. And her size was D, at least.

''Ok~, so read this all, what next?''

Saying that Lucie handed the tablet back to Sara.

''Nothing really, I will just follow you for the day, and if you have any questions then I will answer them with best of my abilities.''

''So... are the other team members given information about others like I did.''

''Yes, all members are given information about other Team Zero members.''

Lucie asked that because she wanted to know if others too got her information. She didn't have any objections to that.

''Well, I guess that is that. Then let's go eat some breakfast, or did you eat already?''

Lucie asked Sara, because she herself was ready for breakfast and was a little bit hungry.

''No, I have not.''

''Great, I know where they make good sandwiches."

''Sandwiches?''

''Ok, let's go!''

They exited Lucie's room and were ready to go after Lucie locked her room.

''Hop on!''

Lucie hopped on her board and asked Sara to do the same, even though the board was for one person it still could be rode by two people if they squeeze a little. And as Lucie didn't see any transport that Sara has, she just went with it.

''Don't be shy just hop on.''

''Right...''

With those words, Sara stepped on the board.

''Is this even safe?''

''Don't worry just hold tight to me and it should be fine.''

Little unsure about Lucie's statement Sara grabbed Lucie's waist, but the next moment she strengthen her grip because Lucie had started to move the board and it was almost at its max speed.

After a little bit of time, they were near the sandwich stall and it had some line, but it wasn't long.

Both hopped off the board and Lucie led the way to the line. She was little surprised that Sara didn't scream, but she was a professional so Lucie wasn't that surprised. 

After some waiting, it was their turn to order.

''Hello, auntie''

''Oh, if it isn't Lucie, will you have the usual.''

After a few days of coming to the same stall Lucie got little familiar with this lady, they introduced themselves, but Alena said to call her auntie.

''Yes please, manager what will you have?''

''I will take the same as you, Ms. Lucie.''

''Ok, then four chicken ones?''

''Yes please!''

After little bit of waiting, they got their sandwiches. And Lucie paid for both of them, at first Sara insisted on paying for her share herself but Lucie ignored her and just paid when Sara asked Lucie why she paid for her.

''I got a ton of money from UA, and these last days I haven't used much. So why not?''

And with that Sara didn't say anything and they went to the library but they walked and didn't use Lucie's board this time. 

After entering the library and as usual picking some books Lucie started her routine. After 30min as usual Lucie took a break and then Sara started to talk with her.

''So I presume you have no further questions?''

''No, at least not now.''

''Then please answer my questions.''

''Ok.''

''First, do you have any preferences in color, design, or anything else for your mansion.''

''Mansion!? What mansion?''

''Right, let me explain all that, and then we can move on with the questions.''

''Yes please.''

''Until now the 51st floor was totally empty and as it will be your place where you and your team will live, it is my job to find what you want and what you need. As every floor is the same size then that means that the 51st floor is the same size as this floor. Now that means that there is a big empty space right now. One of the things that will be built will be your team mansion. There will be only one mansion because we want you to live with your other teammates, so you can get to know each other on day to day basis. Now the questions about the mansion is so we can combine each of your preferences and make the mansion. Of course, there will be other stuff asked and put for your need.''

''Wait you want to say you can make a mansion under 24 hours?''

''Not me but UA, and yes that is possible and that is mostly because of this building the UA HQ is an artifact it has no attack mechanism but has good defense and creating power.''

''Ok got it. For now, I have no questions, and no I don't really have any preferences regarding the mansion except don't make it too bright in the color department.''

''Noted. Next, do you want some special building, construction, or anything outside the mansion?''

''Hmm~, yes could you make me a big enclosed laboratory?''

''Yes, it is doable. Do you want any equipment with that?''

''Yes! That would be great, all the basic ones would be good.''

''Could you specify witch basic equipment, like alchemy, blacksmith, engravement or any other.''

''All of them.''

''...All of them?''

''Yes!''

''Ok...noted. Anything else?''

''No.''

With that, the questioning mostly ended there were still some questions here and there about design and that kind of things. 

The rest of the time Lucie read the books and Sara sat on the opposite side and from time to time took some books to read herself. After some time, it was time to leave.

''Well Ms. Lucie, it looks like it is time for me to leave, we will meet tomorrow morning.''

''Ah, yes it was nice meeting you too manager. Can I ask a question?''

"Yes of course.''

''Why the UA is so good to us.''

''I presume you mean the Team Zero members. It is because you all have really high potential and to get you to not wanting to leave UA and be on good terms. And also any employee have good conditions in UA, including the special Teams that have better treatment because they bring a large amount of resources to UA and sometimes do really dangerous jobs or quests.''

''Understood, then goodnight for now manager.''

''Goodnight Ms. Lucie.''

And with that, they separated. Lucie saw Sara getting in a black limousine-like car, and drive away. 

With that Lucie hopped on her board and went to her room.


~Saras POV~

''Sighhhh~''

Sara was exhausted. These past few days were full of surprises and hard work. About five days she was proclaimed to be the manager of Team Zero the title itself was pretty, she will get much more income and better treatment from UA, but it wasn't that easy. Sure there will be many benefits but there are minuses to this position too. First, as a manager of the Team, you need to help with the information they need. Second, she is like a middle man between UA and the Team and that isn't always a good thing especially if the Team does something that can lose UA some resources and other stuff. But still, the job mostly isn't bad.

Before Sara was chosen to be Team Zero manager she was one of the UA guard leaders. UA has guard teams or groups that work as escorts or guards and do some quests, the Teams operate similar to UA guards but the Teams are like special forces or elites, and Team Zero will be elites of elites. You can practically pay for the UA guards to do something like before mentioned escort or like bodyguards. 

And Sara was one of the UA guard leader, leaders were responsible for teaching newbies the ropes and sometimes leading some guard groups. Sara was pretty powerful, and she had both of her cores enchanting type, which makes her physically capable.

Being a manager was different than being a leader of the UA guards.

Right now she was in her new house or mansion and was going around the Team Zero documents. She in the last four days needed to visit all the Team Zero members to ask similar questions she asked Lucie. She found out that all members of the Team looked promising and they all were beautiful, even though she was straight she was stunned by them especially the leader. The funny part is UA didn't look for people with looks just talent, but somehow they all were female and stunning.

Sara remembered talking with higher-ups today about the things the members wanted the higher-ups were a little stunned because none of the members had simple orders and especially Lucies. UA easily could get her basic equipment for her laboratory as she calls it but all basic equipment took some time to get, but they still did it. 

Tomorrow will be the day all of them will move into the mansion on the 51st floor. Right now all of them are living in UA HQ rooms similar to Lucie's room, but they live on different floors.

As Sara was tired she took a shower and went to sleep.


~Lucies POV~

*TITITITI~*

''Yaaawn~''

It was the next morning, and Lucie woke up and did her usual routine, she undressed, took shower, and was getting dressed. As she was just finished putting on her bra she heard the bell that summoned her to the door.

''Coming!''

As Lucie opened her doors there stood six people, all her new teammates, two guards, and the manager at the front.

''Oh my.''

''Hello, do you want to come inside?''

The only ones that made a sound were Emma and Lucie inviting them inside. After a few seconds, Sara started speaking.

''Ms. Lucie please get ready we need to get you and your teammates to settle in the new mansion today, and go through some stuff.''

''Ok~, be ready in a bit.''

With that Lucie closed the door, got dressed took all her stuff that was all in the coffer except her board, and went outside. There she was greeted again by the same people and further to the left was a black limousine-like car. Lucie put all her stuff in the back of the car and went inside it like all the others, the two guards were sitting in front, one in the driver's seat and the other in the passengers.

Team Zero members and manager was separated from them by a window, and the manager was sitting on the other side of the members facing them.

Lucie looked closer at her companions. Aurora looked like the strict and hardworking type, well at least what Lucie could make out of her expression and body language she was wearing a white t-shirt, jeans, and black boots similar to Lucie herself, except she had a black t-shirt, Mara looked sleepy and had a pink sweater, jeans, and some sneaker-like shoes white-colored, but Emma had a green dress that didn't show much skin and she had the aura of someone you can trust and she looked capable.

''Now as we are on the way to your new residents, I will tell you some information on the way if any of you have any questions please ask.''

''First, you will be given a month of freedom before you will be officially taking quests and jobs, you will be provided a monthly salary but most of your income will be coming from doing jobs, missions or yourself.''

''Before we continue, how much our salaries will be?''

The one who asked that was Aurora, and Lucie admitted she wanted to know that too.

''Your salary  will be 1'000'000 Aurs a month, we will give you so little because UA needs to use the funding for research and other stuff and you all will be capable of earning yourself after some time.''

By normal standards, one million Aurs is a pretty large amount for a normal family, if used normally without any big expenses they could be set for life but for people like us who are similar to adventurers that isn't a big amount because some gear is much more expensive.

''Although your monthly salary will be only that amount, we will provide you with all the living necessities for you and your loved ones. About your jobs, missions, or whatever you want to call them, it works like this, UA gets a job that needs you to complete it, so you get despatched, and while on the job everything you get is yours's to keep, of course, if it isn't an item that the client requested. For example, you are dispatched to do dungeon diving, if you get artifact or something other on this job you can keep it, of course, you can trade it for money or something of equal value.''

Sara then went on with her information and as she stopped talking the car stopped, and one of the guards informed us.

''We have arrived.''

With that, all of us got out of the car and in front of us, we had a big light-colored mansion.

''Now please follow me and I will take you on a quick tour around.''

With that, they entered the mansion.

''On the first floor you have a living room, kitchen, big pool, and as well hot springs and many more relaxing facilities as well as a bathroom, in the basement, you have a training room that is pretty big and has the virtual simulation program. On the second floor, you have your rooms and only your rooms.''

Sara showed around where what was, then she took us outside. as this floor wasn't a city or anything else the floor was dirt and grass.

''Now for the building you all requested, for Emma the forest with different plants, trees and live beings you can see from our right.''

And all looked at that direction, and there was a forest some distance further, and it was pretty big.

''On the right is Maras requested pond with fish and waterfall, Aurora's obstacle course and gym building is further north and for Lucies laboratory is more in the north.''

Everyone's buildings or requests you could see from this spot even a little bit and Lucies was the furthest but she still could see a little bit of her laboratory and it was huge.

''For now, this is all information you need, and here please change your phones on these ones.''

With that Sara gives them all new phones, Lucie looks at the phone and finds it is powered by mana and has a mana crystal on its back and engravement that allows the crystal to replenish itself from mana around it, so the user doesn't need to replenish it manually.

Lucie knew this technology isn't new and many have this kind of phone, but she couldn't afford this kind of phone and these ones that they were given were the newest model. 

It took only a few minutes and all of them had new working high-quality phones.

''With that, my job, for now, is ended, and please make yourself comfortable.''

With those words, the manager got in the car and drove away. For a little bit of time, it was an awkward silence between them but Lucie broke the silence.

''How about we go inside and get to know each other a little bit better?''

And like one, they all nodded. 

Right now they all are sitting in living room, it was big and had a big TV, sofas in half circle, mini bar on the left, a table in the middle of the sofas and TV, and other things here and there. Lucie started to talk first.

''So I will go first I won't go in detail of stuff you probably read on the tablet. I can get a little bit annoying especially if I have some interest in that thing and if I'm bothering too much any of you please tell me and I will try to stop, and I don't have main weapon.''

It was short and easy, but Lucie doesn't know why she told about her main weapon she hasn't fought much except a few times when with orphanage kids or adults that wanted to take advantage of her.

''I will respect you if you respect me, and my main weapon is gauntlets.''

Next was Aurora she had a calm and steady voice.

''I'm bad with mornings, and like to eat meat, especially fish. My main weapon is my claws.''

That was Mara and as she ended her talk she showed how she can extract and retract her claws.

''Well most of the time I like to walk barefooted and I do like nature and taking care of it. And my main weapon is staff although I mostly do range battle.''

And even now Emma wasn't wearing anything on her feet.

With that concluded the introductions.

*Gurgurgur~* 

And it sounded that they all were hungry.

''So any of you can cook?''

Lucie was the one who asked.

''No, I usually burn everything.''

''I can't cook but, I can eat a lot.''

''I usually eat something fresh like, fruits or vegetables.''

And as Lucie found out no one could cook except her but she could make only sup.

'I should have looked at some recipe books in the library, if they even had any of those there.'

''Ok, looks like I will be the one who cooks, and for now, I can make some sup.''

''''''Ok''''''

And with that, they all went to the kitchen. Now some may ask why they are all moving to kitchen and being so close to each other and the reason is simple, they will be a future team and knowing that they all want to know each other better and all of them had similar pasts and wanted to befriend other team members. 

All of them knew what kind of job they sign up for and one of the crucial things in this line of job, is teamwork. 

 

 

21