Chapter 17
339 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~The same time while Tom and Elize were in class~

*Crunch**crunch**crunch*...

Right now in a room that was about 10x10 meters big, was filled with the sound of someone eating cookies. As the room wasn't too big, the sound of cookies getting crushed between someone's teeth was heard clearly in the room. In the middle of the room, there was a round table about 3m in diameter, it was made from some kind of dark wood. Around the table were four chairs, these chairs were comfortable, and you could really lean into them.

The room had a wooden floor that looked so clean you could probably eat from it. This room had one wall made fully out of glass and with a terminal, you could make the glass so that no one could see what's inside the room, plus the glass wall was a door at the same time, or more accurately it had a hidden door, and on the other side of the glass, you could see a bigger room full of people. In the room, on the wall that was opposite the glass one, there was a big screen, that was currently turned off. And the room was illuminated by a lamp made out of light mana crystals, which was attached to the room's ceiling.

Two of the four chairs were occupied while the other two were free. In one of the chairs sat an elf beauty with long blond hair, a slender body, her skin was on the lighter end, and she had two enchanting, green eyes. The other person was sitting across this elf, she was a beastkin of a feline family, her skin was tanned while she also had some visible muscles, in contrast to the elf. The beastkin had dark purple long hair and the same colored eyes that looked little like gems.

Emma and Mara were sitting in one of the rooms made for servants to relax. There were plenty of these kinds of rooms in the building and they had different styles and sizes. 

The MCS has places where student servants can spend time while the students attend their classes. The zone where they can relax is a big room with different things in it, like training equipment, rings for sparing, bookshelves different chairs and more. But connected to this big room there are some private rooms like this one where Emma and Mara were right now. And as mention previously the private rooms had different sizes and styles.

There were plenty of these kinds of relaxing zones as the school's building was huge.

So right now Emma and Mara were waiting for Tom's and Elize's class to end. The one crunching cookies was Mara, she got them from the snack cabinet from the limousine, she took them when they all were getting out from the vehicle, well at least that's what she said to Emma.

Mara was snacking on those cookies and whacking the show in front of her. The show she was watching was Emma's liquid manipulation. Emma was making different kinds of animals and plants from the water she has, the shapes were very detailed. And from time to time some more little details were added to the shapes making them more lifelike if you don't count that they were transparent. 

In Emma's left hand was her phone on which she was looking up pictures of animals and plants, and looking at the pictures she controls the water accordingly. Of course, the shapes she created were 3D so she needed multiple pictures from different angles, so from time to time, you could see her shapes becoming more detailed with time. 

Emma was doing this because this was training for her, which helped her improve her control over the liquid. And because Mara wanted to relax she just watched how Emma makes different shapes with water. And so far Mara was enjoying the show, the scene made out of the water was right now quite fascinating. In the middle was a mountain, around it was a forest full of trees, plants and even grass, there were many small animals and even some big ones, plus there was a dragon with a serpentine body flying around the mountain.

Mara was intrigued by this, after all, it was moving a 3D water module, and the details made it so much more lifelike. 

''Sigh~, it looks like this is the best I can do for now.'' After a while, Emma put her phone down and just looked at her creation, but she didn't look too excited.

''You sound like you're not too pleased with your creation.'' Mara stopped crunching her cookies when she heard what Emma said because for her Emma's creation looked amazing.

''Indeed, from the side, it looks amazing, but I can see all the flaws and my limit in this creation. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with this creation, but at the same time the more I learn the more I know how far from perfection I'm. For example, look at its movements.''

Mara did as Emma said, and looked at its movements. The more she looked the more she understood, the movements were looped, the dragon was just flying around the mountain in circles, the tress looked like they were blown by a gentle wind, but their movements were just left to right, the animals were walking the same path, some in circles some just from one point to another in one line. 

The 3D module was truly impressive but if you look from Emma's perspective you can find flaws like these in many places.

''Well for me it still looks impressive and that's all I care for.'' But even though Mara saw one of the flaws she still liked it, after all, you can't deny it looks impressive with all the details and movent even though it's on a loop.

Emma didn't deny that her creation was impressive, but at the same time as its creator she could see the amazing part of it and the flawed part of it, so she was happy about what she accomplished but at the same time, she saw how much more there is to master. But even though she could see the path that was in front of her to fix the flaws, she didn't become disheartened instead she was full of determination.

As Emma was thinking about things she can improve and get better at she saw that it's almost time for the twin's class to end.

''It looks like we should get ready and go.'' So she told Mara, and both of them got ready to go.

''By the way, what do you think the other two are up to?'' While they slowly went where the twin's class was, Mara thought about the other two of their teammates.

''To be honest, I'm not too sure, but one thing that I know is that they aren't bored, at least one of them.'' While saying that in Emma's mind popped her team leader, the same leader which thought process was sometimes just incomprehensible.

*******

''pew'' ''pew'' ''pew''...

''So, how long will you continue doing this.''

''Until either I get bored or the school ends for them, pew.''

''Sigh~''

Right now there were two people relaxing on one of the building roofs that were near the MCS. They were Lucie and Aurora who were waiting for the school's end, but until then they had time to kill. Aurora was checking her phone right now, but there were some shards of wood, broken glass, and some damaged metal cubes. All of that was the result of her training, and right now she was taking a break from it.

On another hand Lucie was just having fun, she had her sniper out and was aiming at people while making 'pew' noises as if she was shooting them, she was using imaginary bullets if you will. At the start, she did some training like Aurora but Lucie got bored pretty quickly. After the short training session, she started to read some books on her phone, after all, she didn't want to waste time doing nothing. The reading lasted longer than training but ultimately it got boring for her too. So after those two failed she decided to play a mobile game, it did have her attention for a long period but after a while, she wanted to do something else.

 So she started to use her imagination like in her childhood, by imagining how she shoots people. And for some reason, it was quite entertaining. 

''Just don't pull the trigger accidentally and kill someone.'' While Lucie may use her imagination, the sniper she was playing with was real and could injure someone, if not outright kill them.

''Don't worry there aren't any bullets in it at the moment... probably.'' Lucie's words were kind of assuring to hear for Aurora until she said 'probably'.

''What do you mean probably, you literally have the ability to remember things!'' Now Aurora was looking at Lucie as if she was gone nuts.

''I don't know when you start doubting yourself the mind sometimes keeps going. Before I was sure there are no bullets in the sniper, but now I don't know!''

''...ok'' Aurora got a headache talking about this with Lucie, but before she could relax, she saw Lucie aim her sniper in the air and started to aim at something, probably the birds.

''What are you doing?''

''Checking if there are any bullets in it,'' Lucie answered Aurora as if it was self-evident.

''I can see that, but why are you gaming at the birds?''

''Well there is this thing called gravity, so if I shoot a bullet randomly there is a chance to kill someone, and if I aim downwards, it would be a property damaging. So if I shoot a bird then, I'm not damaging any properties and there is a smaller chance to kill someone.'' 

''Or you could put the weapon away and find out in a safe space, without killing birds.''

''I see your point, but-'' 

''No buts, just put the gun down, or I will make a shake out of tomorrow morning.''

''Point taken.'' Even though Lucie knew that Aurora wouldn't really make a literal shake out of her, she still didn't like the idea of a morning where the first thing she needs to do is vomit, plus you need to count in the dizziness, nausea, and few more aftereffects of your body shaking inside and out. So she put the gun away.

 

11