Chapter 21
600 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Log number 12, it's been 3 years after the tragedy. The U.E.C. presence has only grown, leaving destruction and despair around it. Researchers haven't found anything that could help permanently, only something that can halt its advancement for a moment but not stop it completely. Some of the victims of U.E.C. have been taken in for research purposes hoping with their help to find a cure but to no avail. We don't have much time left, but even though the time is limited and it soon will run out we still won't give up, hoping to see some positive results we will do our jobs till the end. As I don't know if we will make it, to anyone who finds this the code is 8602 I repeat- e- is- 86--02- this- crucial-- Dr. Al---a------''

''Hhhhhhhhhhsssssssssss-shshshshshshs''

''Is she okay?''

''Don't worry she just needs to... express her emotions.''

''If you say so, but still I didn't think that a ceremony can affect someone this much.''

''Well, I think what affected her the most was when she found out that this was the only year when the ceremony was this short.''

They were back in the limousine on their way back to the Cakewalker home, and right now Aurora was having a conversation with Eliza about Lucie who was in a corner making 'shshshs' sound by herself, and she was at it for quite a while.

''By the way, I wanted to inquire about how schools function in this country, so could you tell me about that?'' Changing subjects Aurora asked Eliza about the education system in this country, and it appeared she wasn't the only one interested in this subject as Aurora could see from the corner of her eye that Mara perked her ears when Aurora asked the question.

''I haven't inquired about that too much myself, so I don't have too much knowledge about this myself, but I can tell you what I can. So there isn't really one system that is used by every school. How students are educated can differ from school to school, but it's not like every school has its own system. I don't know all the different systems that are used, I only know in-depth about the NCS system as I did some research on it before joining the school.'' Elize paused a little and drank some water before continuing.

''So the system in NCS is that you have a list of classes you have that day, of course, they differ by which specialty you choose, but the classes aren't mandatory, you can skip them and no one will say anything to you if you don't disturb the class. And at the end of every month there is a test for every student, and if you fail you either get expelled or you pay a huge sum to stay in.'' Eliza ended her explanation with another sip of water.

''So basically they give you resources to use and it's your choice to use them or not. Basically making so that if you don't want to learn no one will push you to do so, but at the same time if you are willing to learn it may be one of the greatest opportunities.'' Before Aurora could ask anymore questions, someone else started to talk. That someone was Lucie, at some point she stopped her antics and directed her attention at what Eliza was telling.

''In short yes.'' (Eliza)

''By the way, if I may ask why are you so interested in the education system, of course, if you don't want to answer you don't have to, I'm just curious.'' Turning her vision from Lucie to Aurora, Eliza asked about Aurora's interest in the education system.

''Because of my sister, she will soon be old enough to go to school, and as I have never gone to one myself or looked into it I don't know about this too much myself. So recently I had the idea to research about that and as I'm already here, I decided I would start with this country, and how's the education here.'' Aurora told her the reason why she was interested in the education system.

''Understood, well I can't tell you too deeply about the education system here as I explained before, but I know that this country concentrates more on the merchant side of things, so if your sister wants to be some kind of merchant then this country is one if not the best in that area.''

''I will keep that in mind, thanks.''

With that their conversation about this topic came to an end.

**********

*Blink* *Blink*

''Ugh...'' In a room there was a sound of someone walking up, they were woken up by a sudden light. Opening their eyes they saw a golden ceiling and a golden chandelier that was hanging from the ceiling. Fully awaken they started to look around and saw the room they were in.

This room wasn't normal, at least most people would think so. This room was golden, or more precisely everything looked like it was made from gold. Even the bed looked it was made from gold, even though it was soft and the same with pillow and the blanket. The only thing that wasn't golden was a big mirror and a girl that was looking at her reflection in the mirror.

She looked like a kid not even ten years old, she had smooth black hair that was just below her shoulders, and her eyes were sapphire blue. This little girl had no expression on her face, as she just looked at her own reflection. 

*Tuck**Clank*

But she was interrupted as she turned her head and saw someone come in through the only door there was in this room. She couldn't tell if they were male or female as they were wearing a golden mask and a golden cloak hiding all there was to hide.

''Here's your breakfast, eat and get ready, after all, today is the big day that your body modification will start hehehe...'' By the voice, the girl could tell they were a middle-aged male, at least his voice sounded like one. 

The man didn't linger long, he just put her breakfast on a table and left. She got out of the bed and walked up to the table her breakfast was on. The food was presented on a golden tray with golden dishes and golden tools, the food itself was golden in color. It looked unnatural to see bread, meat, and other things like this. Even though she was already some time here she still wasn't used to this.

*Gurgulgur*

But even though the food looked like this she still ate it because she needed food to survive. So she ate it, the taste wasn't bad it was somewhat good so she finished it pretty fast. After finishing her food she just sat there looking at the door, waiting for when they will come for her.

*sh*

''Come.''

It didn't take long before four of them arrived. After hearing one of them calling her to go to them, the girl went to where they were. Without saying anything one of them started to lead her somewhere, while two of them walked beside her on either side, and the last one followed her from behind.

All of them were in the same attire as the one who brought her food. It was silent while they walked to their destination, the only sound you could hear was the sound their steps made. The hall they were walking through was white and completely clean.

At some point the person in front of her stopped, making her stop too, *Sh* and as they stopped a door opened on their right, and she was led into a room that looked like it was made for surgeries. There was a table full of tools, some medical machines, and an operating table in the middle of it with a big lamp hanging over it. One thing that stood out was that there was a jar with two eyeballs that had golden irises swimming in some kind of liquid.

''Bring the child over.'' One of them took her hand and pulled her to the operating table by the command of someone who was checking the tools. The little girl could see that he was some kind of doctor as she could tell he is a male because he wasn't fully covered in clothes. He wore a doctor's robe and glasses, plus his voice was really deep. She didn't know why he didn't cover up like the rest of them but she didn't care, as she was more focused on the operating table.

She was strapped on the table with her legs, arms, head, and torso strapped so she couldn't move even a little. ''Well kid, let's start.'' the doctor took some kind of syringe and stabbed her neck with it while releasing the serum that was in the syringe. After a short moment the little girl started to feel numb, she felt like she couldn't move her body only her eyes, and she was sure that even without the straps she couldn't move.

The next thing she saw was the doctor taking one of the tools, it looked similar to an ice cream scooper with a button on the handle. As the little girl looked and wondered what it was, the tool was put on her right eye, and then the doctor pushed the button.

''AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!...'' *huff* *huff* Suddenly a girl woke up from her nightmare, ''It's okay, I'm safe, deep breaths, deep breaths...'' calming herself down she looked around the dark room, this room was bigger than the golden one from her nightmare, but it was interesting to see, that nothing was golden or in the color of gold in this room. Except when the woman looked in a mirror she saw her golden hair and golden eyes, the only golden things in this room.

 

 

6