Chapter 7: Painful Past
1.1k 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Rose, do you understand what all this means? You seem too indifferent to this whole situation. "

In Caritas's speech , Lucas realized too, Rose seemed too indifferent. Knowing about all the things he said would normally make people too shocked , and many points would be raised. The biggest of them, Lucas realized from the start that Rose didn't even touch.

"Do you know what it means to Lucas to be the Primordial God of Love Candidate? He cannot love you, and only you. You understand this?"

Rose nodded slowly, she looked a little confused.

"And you can't love any other man romantically anymore, as that will bring pain to Lucas. Do you understand that too? "

Rose nodded slowly again, this time she seemed to have dropped the penny as she became thoughtful.

"To be the wife of the Primordial God of Love, you must love him with all your heart and have complete trust in him. Trust that he will continue to love you, no matter how many other people he loves, or how much time passes."

"I'll assure you beforehand: Lucas has passed the test, which means that he has the ability to love more than one woman, and his feelings are powerful and lasting, which means that if he loves a woman, he will love her for life and with all his heart, no matter if the feeling is mutual or not. "

Rising off Lucas, Rose sat on the edge of the bed as she listened quietly.

"In the future, Lucas will meet other women, you will not be the only one in his life. Maybe if he hadn't gone through that door, you two could have had a future together on your own, and Lucas himself fought a lot during the tests. "

"He didn't want to be polygamous, but the tests eventually changed his mind, and he has no limit now. It is important, however, to know how to manage this, as not every woman can bear to share her man. "

"I know you can do it, as you have successfully completed the marriage contract."

"Marriage contract? What is it?"

Rose asked, something caught her eye. This did not look like a normal marriage contract.

"You are sharp. This marriage contract is not as simple as it sounds. The truth is that it will depend on Lucas's abilities if in the future he will be able to conclude more contracts like this. "

"There are requirements to marry the Primordial God of Love. Even though Lucas is still just a Candidate, the requirements are the same. "

"There are several different requirements, and the contract judges those requirements. If the person has completed all the requirements, the marriage is approved. "

"Which leads me to congratulate you: You have been able to fulfill all the harsh requirements to become a wife of the Primordial God of Love. If you can finish some more, you might even become the Chief Wife, I'm rooting for you. "

"What requirements are these?"

"I can't talk, which makes everything harder for Lucas. He needs his women to meet very high requirements, which he does not even know, to marry his women. Again, I compliment you, you fulfilled them all, and so quickly, that even I was surprised. "

"Although I can't talk about everyone, I can list a few, and one of them is what I said before: the wife of the Primordial God of Love needs to be able to share him. Which means you have this ability. Honestly, I don't know how you met this requirement, as it usually takes a whole process. It is not as if the marriage contract were omniscient, and could see the future to know if the person met the requirement. It is important for the person himself to recognize this. But ever since Lucas walked out that door, so far, you've never said anything like 'I know you'll have other women, I don't care' or 'I agree to marry even though I'll have to share' or 'I'll learn to share you . '"

"The fact that you still met that requirement... I can only think of one thing: You were ready for that, right?"

Rose fell silent at the question, and lay back on the bed, showing her naked body for Lucas to see as much as he wanted.

"In fact, I was ready for that."

Caritas seemed pleased to learn that her theory was right, and she approached, hoping to hear the reasons. Lucas, who was silent listening to all the conversation so far, asked.

"What do you mean? You know I was always someone monogamous. My dream was to marry a beautiful, kind woman, have children, and grow old with her... Not that I could do that, thanks to the drugs. Now, i have a life span of three hundred years."

"Now that you really won't make it."

Lucas smiled bitterly as he listened to Caritas's words. Rose, however, answered.

"Yes, I know, but it's your mother... She told me years ago that you wouldn't be a one-woman man."

"Just because of that, were you prepared for me to have other women?"

"No, there's another reason: I always had that thought, you know? If one day I became romantically involved with you, I would just be your lover, and never have thoughts of dating and marriage. "

"Why ?"

Rose was silent as she listened to the question. She seemed a little uncomfortable talking about it, but as she was his was now, Lucas decided to push her a little, she can't just stop talking about something that seemed so important.

"Well... Lucas, maybe you don't understand what you means to me, so I'll talk it straight out."

"You're the most important thing to me."

Lucas was silent, confused by her words, but Caritas answered.

"Lucas, one of the requirements, remember? To love the Primordial God of Love under all things. "

He suddenly remembered that actually had such a requirement. Although Caritas may not have cited all the requirements needed to marry the Primordial God of Love, she had still spoken the main requirements beforehand.

"You may not understand what that means. Lucas, she means you are her world. "

Startled, Lucas looked at Rose. He still didn't quite understand what that meant, but realized it wasn't that simple. I'm her world? This is very extreme.

"To explain that, I would have to explain about my past, it will be a little long, can you hear?"

Lucas nodded, he always wanted to know about Rose's past, but she never said much.

"Before your mother caught me at nine, I had some very painful times. My memories of that time today are pretty confusing, but the trauma is still fresh. "

"Do you know the difference between a professional killer and a serial killer, Lucas?"

"The purpose. Professional killers kill to make money. Serial killers mostly kill for fun or compulsion. "

"Yes, professional killers don't kill for killing, they kill for money. So if there's no reason, they don't kill people. But serial killers kill for fun, or even for no reason, simply for the sake of it. Most of them are psychopaths. "

"I'm saying that, Lucas, because my mom and dad were serial killers."

"A couple of serial killers?"

"Yes, they were really sick, completely sick. My memories of that time are confusing since it was over twenty years, but some of them are clear to this day. "

"My parents were psychopaths. They met at the university. At the time, they already were serial killers, and one day, the target of the two coincided:. A couple of lovers. "

"Serial killers are usually methodical, so while they kill for fun, they do everything according to their created methods. For example, there are serial killers who only kill virgin women, or handsome men. There are several reasons why they choose their targets, and they are usually for unhealthy reasons. "

"They also murder in different ways. Some simply kill, others torture, or rape befor... There are several patterns, and they always follow those patterns, because psychopaths are organized, methodical, and perfectionist in nature. My parents were the same. "

"Even the reason for killing was the same: they killed couples, as they were jealous of happy couples. The method they used was similar too: Behind the scenes, they used various methods to make the couple fight, to prove that they really didn't love each other. The two met while investigating the couple, and after many twists and turns, they started dating, and in the end they got married and had me. "

"My life in a family of serial killer psychopaths? It wasn't pretty at all. My mother beat me too, sometimes almost killing me, and my father seemed not to care about my existence. My mother gave me a lot of attention, controlling me completely, and my father just didn't care. "

"I followed my life like this, and for years I was beaten by my mother, she hated me. My father seemed to worry too much about other women and his murders. He cheated on her often , and though outside my mother didn't seem to care, from the memories I have of when she hit me, she seemed to vent her hatred on me. "

"It wasn't a pleasant life, but I could handle it somehow."

"Everything changed, however, in one night. At the time, I was eight, a few months before being taken by Katia. That night I discovered something I didn't know before. "

"I knew my parents were sick and murderers. At home, there was a basement, and I often heard noises coming from there. My father and mother often get out of there bloody. The number of times I saw them killing people, carrying bodies, torturing... Not a few. I also had to learn to clean blood off the floor, walls, and dissolve bodies with chemicals. "

"I knew everything, was beaten, lived in a really horrible environment, but somehow managed it well."

"There was one thing, though, that I didn't know. That was the last straw for me. One night I went to the basement as my parents told me to clean the blood. In the basement there was a door to a room I could not enter, and that day that door was ajar. I went looking out of curiosity, and saw something they didn't want to show me."

"There were several bodies hanging from the ceiling, and pieces of them were scattered across several tables."

As she began talking about this hidden room in the basement, Rose's body began to tremble hard. She looked extremely scared. Lucas came over, hugged her from behind, and gripped one of his hands tightly.

"I had seen a lot of dead people at that age, but that room looked like pandemonium. The worst, however, was not the bodies, but a truth that completely destroyed me. "

"My parents... They were cannibals."

"Not only did they kill people, they ate too. And I had probably eaten before, without even knowing it. "

"When I saw that room, it was just the last straw for me, and after that I do not remember anything else."

"According to Katia, however, after that I went crazy and lost consciousness. My parents just gave up on me and threw me in the street. "

Still shaking, Rose began to cry silently in Lucas's chest. Reliving those memories was very painful. She chose to tell Lucas, since now she was his wife, but though twenty years had passed, this trauma had not been resolved. It was still an open wound, no cure foreseen. All she could do until that moment was forget those memories, and live her life without thinking about it.

But she knew Lucas deserved that truth.

"When I realized, I was already in Katia's care. She took care of me, physically and mentally. She gave me food, a shelter, knowledge and skills. Although she scared me a lot, and was never kind, that rough side of her that saved me. If she was kind, I would probably never be able to trust her. Deep down, I think she was just a woman who didn't know how to express herself, so she hid her true self behind a rough exterior."

Hearing these words, and thinking about his mother's past behavior, Lucas had to agree. She was always very rude in dealing with him, maybe she just didn't know how to take care of someone. This gave Lucas a fresh perspective on his mother.

Lying in bed while still hugging Rose, Lucas began to brush his hand through her long blond hair . He wanted to support her, especially right now. She just relived memories that had probably been dormant for years, she needed support and affection to calm down.

"Thinking about the past now makes me realize how important Katia was to me… and now she's dead. We really only value things when we lose them. "

After calming down, Rose said quietly as she lay on Lucas's chest. Raising her head, she wiped her tears, looked into Lucas's eyes and said.

"That's why you are so important to me. You are like a brother raised by the same mother. I saw your growth, and I was part of it. You were the only man I seriously considered having a relationship. You have always attracted me emotionally, and recently sexually. It can be said that apart from Katia, you're the most important person in my life, and now with her death, you are definitely the only that I have."

"You are my world, my everything."

"But precisely because you're so important… I didn't want to stain you. Although since I was taken by Katia I have improved, I am not normal. I am sick. Every once in a while these memories haunt me, and I freak out. I've had several episodes like this. Because of that I have to take medicine, take care of myself, and whenever I sleep, lock myself in a room where I can't hurt anyone. "

"I'm not mentally healthy, and I'm afraid of dragging you into it. If we have a relationship, my problems will eventually become your problems. And I don't want that. "

Caritas , who was sitting on the bed nearby listening, nodded slowly, understanding what had happened. Although Rose was a beautiful, strong, independent woman, the truth was that she was very fragile. She had her own past, and her own burden to carry, and she didn't want to give that burden to Lucas.

Lucas is handsome, strong, kind to his companions, charming, and above all, young. He had a whole future ahead. Rose didn't want to condemn him to a life where he had to take care of a troubled woman. Even more so than she was Rose, someone who had been with him all his life. If the two got involved, according to his personality, Lucas would never abandon her, no matter how difficult things got.

This was one of Lucas's attractive sides, and also the biggest reason why Rose locked her romantic feelings under lock and key.

In the end, it all happened, and now she had nothing else to do, she could only accept the fact. It was these thoughts that made the marriage contract realize that Rose didn't mind sharing it. If she's so tough even approaching him, and has the idea that it's just going to be trouble, she's always been ready to be put aside, although she knew it would never happen since we're talking about Lucas.

"Well… I think that explains everything then. But Rose, you need not worry. Lucas is now a Primordial God of Love Candidate, and one of their most well-known lines spoken is: Love can overcome anything. "

"Leaving that vague talk aside, I know at least four ways to solve your problem, so you don't have to worry."

Rose got up when she heard that and looked hopefully at Caritas, who got out of bed and pulled one of the sheets off the bed. It was Rose's sheet.

"Well, the best way to solve this is for you to mentally resolve yourself. Mental problems are complex, and the ways to solve them are even more complex, but they usually resolve very quickly if you have the right method. "

"This piece of paper, which I will call the God of Love Tablet, let's abbreviate for GLT, is the way to access a system created by the God of Love for his Candidates to use. It usually has a different form, and its rules are different, but as it was made based on Lucas' memories to be easier to understand and use, it has this form, and its own rules. "

"Basically, for Lucas to understand better, it has taken the form of a gaming system, so its rules are similar to those of a game. Anyway, getting back to your problem, let's see... "

"Lucas, I told you before, when you have a problem with your relationships, it's for you to try to solve on your own. For you to mature as a God of Love, you must solve your own problems. "

"But obviously, it's important to use all the tools at your disposal, and as you already know, the GLT is an incredibly useful tool, basically it has the power to solve all your problems. A psychological problem is simple if we have the GLT. "

After fiddling with the tablet, Caritas lifted it in the air and brought it in front of Rose, who began reading aloud:

Store

Consumables> Psychological> Memories

Memory Serum

Those who take this serum receive the ability to visit their old memories. Memories will be perfect to the smallest detail. The memories you visit, after the effect has passed, will remain clear in your head for a few days. Perfect for you, a student who hasn't studied for exam, to get a perfect grade. Each vial allows you to relive the memory of a day.

Unit: 1 vial, 20 ml

Price: 200 Love Points

Balance: 0 Love Points

"What is it?"

"It's the perfect item for you. With it, you will be able to access your childhood memories, and relive those traumatic moments. If you can, with your willpower, relive that same time several times, you can overcome it, and finally get on with your life. "

"The good thing about this serum is that when you relive your memory, you lose your memories of the future, as if you were actually reliving that moment. From what you said, the most horrible moment for you was at eight when you saw that scary room, right? It's like going back in time and reliving that same moment at the age of eight. "

"Normally, it wouldn't be good to use it for something like this, as it may end up deepening the wound. It is really dangerous to use it like this. But now, no problem, you have Lucas. He loves you, and wants your best, you now have his support, which means that right now you are very strong mentally. "

"You are the wife of the God of Love Candidate, future Wife of the God of Love. If you can't even beat something like that, you don't have the qualifications to be with him. The important thing is that you already signed the contract. So remember, this in itself is proof of your qualifications. Not anyone can sign a marriage contract with the God of Love Candidate. The requirements are very strict, and even willpower is one of them. You can do it, I'm sure. "

Rose nodded, confident after hearing those words. But thinking of having to relive that moment, her expression quickly sank. Taking a small breath, she took the tablet in front of her and stared at the screen.

"How am I going to buy it? I don't have any... Love Points."

22