Chapter 37: New Pet
478 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outside the building, Lucas and May got into the car. The silence was deafening as May started the car and drove out of the neighborhood.

She was shaken by the situation on many levels, while Lucas used what he learned from his mother from a young age to keep calm and analyze things coldly.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I spoke as if you had an obligation to help us. "

After a few minutes of driving, May apologized and said nothing more. Lucas could see the coldness in her words. Even though she apologized, she still held a grudge. He already expected this, so he wasn't exactly surprised. Unfortunately, knowing what was going to happen did not stop her feelings from being hurt.

'Perhaps I was too cautious.'

'You have done nothing wrong, Master.'

'I know. It's just... My mom always taught me to solve any problem with caution. I was just following her teachings. At first, I thought it was a simple situation, but what now? It is a situation that even involves the country, a complicated matter involving national security. Just as my caution worked, it backfired at the same time.'

May may not have said anything, but Lucas could sense her cold mood. Her confidence in him has diminished. Will she hear my plan? He thought silently as he looked at the road.

For a moment, he thought about asking what she was going to do, but he knew that even she didn't have an answer to that question.

Time passed, and after a few minutes, when they were almost reaching the apartment, Lucas proposed.

"I have a plan."

May continued to drive in silence even after those words. Lucas thought she was more upset than he had thought, but when he looked at her, he realized that she might not even have heard his words. Although she was driving correctly, her mind seemed to be elsewhere.

"May."

He tried to call her a few times, but she still didn't respond or react. He then tried to touch her and she finally reacted. Making a strange cry, she jumped out of her chair and looked at Lucas in shock. The luck is that they were at the traffic lights or an accident could have happened.

"What an incredible concentration you have. Your mind was elsewhere, but you continued to drive normally. "

"Ah yes..."

She replied vaguely, her mind still seemed to be elsewhere. If Lucas didn't say anything, it would surely happen.

"I have a plan. Do you want to listen?"

"What kind of plan?"

After hearing those words, she finally seemed to come back from her daydreams. Curious, Lucas asked.

"What were you thinking about?"

"..."

After looking at the road in silence for a few seconds, she told him what was on her mind.

"I was thinking about the past. I discovered an important piece from Sofia's past, and that piece answers several questions that I have had over the years. I was trying to organize these memories to understand what she went through..."

Over the years, May has noticed several strange things about her sister, such as her fear of having a child. Years ago, when she started dating Clovis's brother, Brandon, Sofia commented to her about his desire to have a child soon.

They hadn't been dating for a long time, but Brandon seemed to have a strong desire to have a child with her. Sofia told several of her fears about having a child, but May always felt that there was something more about her unwillingness.

It just seemed very unnatural, as if something heavy was bothering her.

Not long after Sofia moved in and cut off contact with her. When May learned of her death, she found out about Amy. She always wondered how Brandon managed to convince her to have a child. Sofia seemed determined never to have a child the last time she talked to her about it.

Now, it all made sense. Sofia probably knew about the experiments done on her. She didn't want to put a child in the world precisely because of that. She knew that an artificially created esper would have a big impact on the world. Her child would never have peace.

With this information, May's previous question that was driven only by curiosity becomes a fundamental question: Why, even though she knew this, Sofia had a child?

She was thinking about it when Lucas interrupted her thoughts.

"What plan are you talking about?"

"A plan for you to get your daughter back. If all goes well, you will have her in your arms today. "

The car came to a sudden stop, which caused the cars behind to almost collide. With horn sounds in the background, May looked at Lucas with pleasant surprise and asked.

"How is that possible? "

                                                              ***

An hour later, the two were in May's apartment. Lucas was sitting quietly on the couch reading the files he received by email about the case from Major Miller while May was watching a video on her cell phone.

In the video, a small girl was playing with a doll. The video was not very long, it only lasted thirty seconds, but whenever it ended, the video started again. May continued to watch the video for several minutes in silence.

The bell rang.

Lucas quickly got up from the couch and entered the room. May answered the doorbell. On the other side of the door, there was Clovis, with two bodyguards behind. He had an irritating smile. The smile didn't disturb her, May remained undaunted when she saw him.

"You may come in."

With no expression of surprise, May invited Clovis to enter, who simply entered the apartment with the thugs right behind.

"Wait, they..."

May interrupted the three when she saw the security guards entering the apartment. Clovis didn't even blink and simply answered.

"It's 11 pm, it's cold outside. I can't leave them outside in the cold. "

The three then stepped in, going over May's will, which still didn't seem convinced. A look of concern crossed May's eyes, but she gave up when she realized that there was nothing she could do to stop them.

After entering the apartment, Clovis looked around for a while, as if looking for something. May closed the door and saw his suspicious movements, which made her even more worried. Is he suspecting anything? She thought as she looked in the direction of her room where Lucas should have been waiting.

"So? Why did you call me at this time of night? Did you make a decision? "

"First, sit down, I'll serve you a coffee to chat."

"I don't think so, just say what you want right away."

Clovis looked strangely on guard. May didn't understand why he looked so suspicious. Of course, if he knew about her plans, she would understand the suspicion, but he doesn't know, right? With doubt in her mind, May looked at the room doubtfully. The initial plan was to make Clovis drink the coffee she made, but with him being so suspicious, she could only depend on Lucas.

In the next moment, from behind the men, May saw Lucas just appear suddenly. She didn't see him a second ago, but in the next second, it's like he was always there, standing still. In the next second, a thud followed, and she saw Clovis's two bodyguards lying on the floor.

Clovis turned to look back and saw Lucas with the two guards on the floor. Before he could react, however, Lucas had already appeared in front of him and touched his head with his index finger. As if strings had been cut from a puppet, Clovis simply fell to the floor.

Lucas then took the coffee from the living room table and poured it into Clovis's mouth. Standing, he looked at the shocked May and smiled sheepishly.

"It should take effect in a few minutes. When it takes effect, we wake him up and let him taste the pain. "

May swallowed hard and nodded in shock. She didn't know what Lucas did, but she was really impressed. In a second, there was nothing. On the other, he was there. In the blink of an eye, he was gone again and was inches away from Clovis.

Impressed is an understatement.

Taking a deep breath, she suppressed the shock in her heart and focused on what was important at the moment.

"I know you said it causes unbearable pain, but how painful is it?"

"At the level of driving someone crazy. A normal person cannot take more than an hour feeling this. "

The two then fell silent as they watched Clovis's passed-out body. A few minutes later, Lucas came over and touched him between the eyebrows. Clovis's eyes slowly opened, and when he saw Lucas in front of him, he tried to pull away, but his body didn't move properly.

"What did you do?"

May approached and when she saw that Clovis looked fine, she looked doubtfully at Lucas, who shook his head and showed five fingers. As if it were a countdown, he lowered it finger by finger, and when all the fingers were gone, a groan sounded in the apartment.

"Uuhhh, ahhhh, uuuuuhhhhh, nhnnnn, uaaaahhhh"

Clovis's body began to squirm, and the whites of his eyes could be seen. In a matter of seconds, he gritted his teeth tightly, groans continued to come out of his mouth along with saliva and the blood from his lips being bitten.

"Are you sure he is in pain? Why didn't he scream?"

Although Clovis did appear to be in pain, May thought he would scream, which is why she closed the windows and doors. She knew the sound would still come out, but hoped it wouldn't be enough to attract the attention of the neighbors.

"He's feeling so much pain at the moment that he can't even scream, that's the level of pain. He even momentarily lost consciousness. If we want to talk to him, we'll have to wait for him to get used to the pain a little. "

"Can you get used to it?"

"In the beginning, when you still have the strength, yes. He lost consciousness probably because it was so unexpected, and because he was passed out seconds ago."

May nodded silently and watched Clovis's body writhing on the floor. Looking at his face in agony, for some reason, made her happy and relaxed. She felt that he was suffering what he deserved.

A few seconds later, Clovis's groans became small screams, and his eyes finally seemed to have regained some intelligence. Looking furiously at Lucas and May standing next to him, he spoke through clenched teeth.

"You will pay for this !!!!"

The expression, along with the words, made chills run through May's body, but seeing that Lucas looked relaxed and not at all concerned, she regained her calm and stared at Clovis indifferently.

"Let me explain what will happen from now on. To summarize: you will become my dog. My slave. My servant. My pet."

12