Chapter 11: Lunch Time
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dalena sat on the front seat with the driver while naturally, the masters, Luke and Little George, sat at the back.

When the driver opened the door for Luke and Little George, Dalena only remained on her sit, thinking that she would not need to go down and would just have to wait until their masters finished eating.

However, much to her surprise, Little George knocked on the window of her car. Due to this, she had no choice but to open the door to hear what he was about to say.

"Is there something wrong?" Dalena asked softly.

"We're waiting for you, Dalena! Let's go!" George replied, not even giving Dalena time to answer as his little hands grabbed Dalena and got her out of the car.

Another issue is actually Little George's address to her. He had called her 'Dalena' instead of 'Nanny', which was not what she expected due to Hamish's teachings.

However, Little George's reason for this address is because he thought that 'Nanny' was too distant and it just doesn't match Dalena.

Before she knew it, she was sitting in a private room in a restaurant, with Little George sitting next to her while the Duke sat in front of them.

Little George was happy as he scrolled through the menu and tried to find food that he would like. On the other hand, Luke was serious as he read the menu as well.

Dalena, still a bit dazed and confused, did not dare to even open up the menu. According to the rules, she can never eat with her masters. If she was allowed to do so, why wasn't the bodyguard who drove them here not given the same treatment? Wouldn't she get punished for this?

Little did she know, Luke has been observing her ever since they have entered the restaurant. He had been sneaking glances, amused at the rapid change of expressions at Dalena's face.

"You should pick your meal too, Miss." Luke said respectfully, looking directly at Dalena.

This time, although Dalena felt a bit nervous and a little shy in front of the Duke, she mustered up her courage to ask him.

"Is it really okay for me to eat here, Your Grace? It is not like the situation before I became the Young Master's nanny. Hamish has mentioned that employees are not allowed to eat with their employers..." she said honestly.

Luke only stared at her for a while, not really giving her an answer straight away.

"Rules don't mean much compared to my words. Besides, Little George really likes you. It won't hurt to have a little lunch with us." Luke replied in a rather gentle tone.

"That's right! I really like you, Dalena!" George said happily, giving Dalena his brightest smile.

Dalena felt like her heart would melt because of Little George's cuteness, so she couldn't help but smile back at him as well. But as she looked at Luke, she didn't know why she felt a bit embarrassed so she nodded respectfully at him instead.

"Thank you for this, Your Grace."

***

When Luke asked Dalena what she would like, she was polite and said that 'Anything was fine' instead. Therefore, along with the dishes that he and Little George picked, Luke added more dishes so Dalena can pick anything from those dishes.

Although Dalena was a bit shy as she picked dishes, she eventually did eat a lot anyway.

But what Luke found amusing was that his little son was copying everything that Dalena put on her dishes, even the vegetables. As far as Luke knew, George was a very stubborn eater and only preferred to eat meat and no vegetables at all.

From what he can see though, Dalena praises George as he ate the vegetables he solemnly disliked. And so, the little boy continued eating more so he can earn more praises from Dalena.

Looking at the scene, Luke could not help but smile a little, enjoying his son's antics.

His eyes then drifted to Dalena's plate and noticed that throughout the meal time, she only got little of the other dishes and mostly put chicken and vegetables into her plate.

"You like fried chicken very much?" Luke blurted out unexpectedly.

At first, Dalena looked at Little George but as she looked in front of her, she figured out that Luke was talking to her instead.

"Yes. It is one of my favourite dishes, Your Grace." Dalena said in a small voice.

"I see."

As Luke replied to Dalena, his expression actually became a little down. His eyes drooped a little as he sliced the meat in front of him, careful not to let his thoughts get across his face.

'It is really only the face that is the same... I should stop comparing that person to this woman.'

Actually, as stupid as it sounds, Luke unconsciously picked dishes that he knew the certain person from the past would like.

That certain person only ate pork-based dishes and was a very picky eater who did not even eat beef or chicken. However, this woman in front of him did not show any signs of being picky and even stated that chicken was her favourite food.

It's ridiculous, actually. Luke knew that he was being foolish, comparing the certain person to the woman in front of him all the time.

He only receives disappointment at his end, so he knew he should stop it.

'Maybe... if I continue to see more of this woman and see her for who she is, I would not associate that certain person anymore. I would forget her image and only think of her as an employee who just happens to have the same face.'

With that in mind, Luke stared silently at Dalena, who was talking to Little George happily and thought of the plan he had in his mind...

0