How To Throw A Tree 101 (14)
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What's that?" Celery asked curiously.

"It's a Capsule Cube, our Tuffle scientists after years of trial and error were able to figure out how to shrink and store and store inorganic objects in these handy cubes!" Hatchiyak declared chirpier.

"That seems convenient," Celery said cynically.

"Extremely," Hatchiyak responded.

"So what happens if you put something alive in the cubes?"

"It dies."

"Wouldn't that make the Capsule Cubes are really powerful war weapon?"

"Perhaps," Hatchiyak said with a trace of irritation.

"So why don't the Tuffles just imprison any attackers?"

"The Tuffles would much rather prefer to capture the target alive, so they can study it as we did you Saiyans. On top of that, there's no guarantee that all races in the universe will die if imprisoned, all we know is that respiration can't take place in the cubes." Hatchiyak said dryly.

"Don't you think that is a massive underestimation of Tuffle Technology?" Celery asked again.

"You're just full of questions aren't you?" Hatchiyak said with clear annoyance.

"COOL!"

Their conversation was interrupted by a shout.

Aspa was currently carrying two thick trees on each arm while Paragus held a capsule cube. Paragus pressed the only button on the cube's smooth surface and it made whirring sound.

Aspa shifted forward and on contact with the Cube, the tall trees were sucked out of Aspa's hand and into the cube.

"These Capsule Cubes are awesome!" Aspa said childishly, there was something about a small object that completely absorbed large objects that enticed him.

"You're such a child Aspa!" Celery scolded.

"I know you are but what am I?" Aspa said with a smile founded on baseless confidence.

Celery, normally wouldn't be bothered by such teasing coming from Aspa; he was a manchild, however, the self-confident smile on his face caused her to feel different. It was only now she realised how punchable his face really was.

"Want to take this to the sparring chambers afterwards?" Celery said threateningly.

"No problem, but you know I have to slow down.... for your sake of course," Aspa said his smile only growing wider. He took great pride in the fact that he was faster than Celery and Celery hated it because she knew it was true.

"Easy, if you want to see who is the better of you two, why don't you have a competition to see who can store the most trees, the robot can even be your judge," Paragus said trying to steer the situation back on task.

Aspa and Celery both looked at Hatchiyak expectantly.

"If that's what you want to do, I have no qualms with being a counter!" Hatchiyak said sweetly.

"Why don't we spice things up a bit?" Aspa looking at Celery with a mischievous gaze.

"I'm listening," since things had escalated to this point, Celery was game for anything.

"The loser has to do whatever the winner says for a whole week!" Aspa declared, trying but failing to hide his plotting face.

"I don't think-" Paragus started

"Deal!" Celery swiftly declared.

"Oh dear," Paragus sighed, shaking his head.

While on the surface this bet could be seen as a harmless competition, the stakes were, in fact, much higher than what they appeared to be. Both sides were very prideful individuals who would not settle for second place, the loser would be continually humiliated by the victor and the Saiyans due to their pride would not go back on their word and fulfil any request.

It was a recipe for disaster.

"Paragus, if you wouldn't mind, please set the Capsule Cubes while Aspa and I get in position," Celery said determinedly.

Paragus did so pressing the button before gently placing them on the ground, one behind Celery and one behind Aspa.

Aspa performed a few very basic stretches loosening his muscles while Celery put her body in a series of positions and movements were various cracking noises resounded.

Seeing this Aspa smirked but he kept his thoughts to himself.

Aspa stood leaning forward believing this would give him the most optimal push-off speed whereas Celery took a knee and positioned herself oddly.

"What are you doing?" Aspa asked.

As soon as he said it, he regretted it, he could feel the answer coming.

"You're too stupid to understand," Celery said with a face full of disrespect.

Aspa's ki flickered, completely engulfing his body before swirling around his legs.

"I'm going to make you say sorry when I win," Aspa said with a serious expression.

"Pffft you wish," Celery said also guiding her ki around her legs.

Paragus sighed, he knew this would not end well but it meant less work for him.

"3, 2, 1, GO!" Paragus shouted clearly.

Hatchiyak who was watching the events unfold was secretly recording the events live for various Tuffle Scientists to see.

"Why do they always turn everything into a competition?"

"My money's on Celery she might not be faster but she knows how to use her speed better."

"You might be onto something but Aspa is faster and by a large degree so it may be closer than you think."

"Pass the popcorn!"

The Scientists were very interested in the Saiyans the same way a child is interested in monkeys at the zoo, every action the Saiyans performed were very amusing to the scientists so they just kept watching them.

"How?" Aspa watching Celery fly past him as she ended her takeoff phase.

"Hmmf!" Aspa applied himself, catching up to Celery in moments.

Locked in, they both looked at the scene in front of them. Many trees laid haphazardly on the ground, no particular order or structure, the trees were placed randomly, some much further and deeper into the ground than others.

Arriving at the site, Aspa slowed down, grabbing two trees with each arm and turned around pushing off towards the Capsule Cube. Celery, on the other hand, bent forward grabbing a tree with both hands and flung it as hard as she could towards the Capsule Cube. On impact the Capsule Cube absorbed the tree, sucking it in entirely. Seeing this Celery smiled as she began to madly throw trees at the cube as fast as she could.

Aspa who had deposited the trees he was holding was startled by Celery's strategy, she didn't have to rely on speed and as a result, he lost any advantage he held, he also knew Celery's aim was slightly better than his so if he were to copy her strategy he would be at a disadvantage. This mental train of thought took place in two seconds. The scientists in their labs recognised this in less than half a second.

Celery shifted her ki to her arms as she began to throw all trees that were closer to the Capsule Cubes which forced Aspa to travel the extra distance when he was depositing them.

"TCH!" Aspa's tongue clicked, he felt the situation take a turn for the worse so he spent all of the ki in his body crazily accelerating to and from the Capsule Cube.

Surprisingly, the competition was extremely close with Aspa having the lead due to his early advantage however Celery eventually monopolised all of the closer trees causing Aspa to go further, on the other hand, Aspa was somehow able to run faster than Celery could throw which kept him in the lead for the majority of the competition.

As of now, there were only five huge trees left on the battered plain.

Aspa had a one tree lead on Celery who was recovering from throwing her two hundred and third tree.

"Haaaaah"

They both breathed heavily and they stared at each other for what felt like a decade.

Aspa had spent much of his ki and Celery, in order to keep up had to too. They were both exhausted but there was still much to play for.

Aspa was standing right in front of his Capsule Cube while Celery was 50 metres away from the remaining trees.

Aspa's brain whirred, he did not want to lose.

'I'm a genius!'

Aspa had an idea.

0