Chapter 4 : The same existence
4.7k 2 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I entered a small chamber connected to two passages. I strongly felt these were connected to same kind of chambers. 

In the middle of this chamber, a skeleton stood. As it had no eye balls, I couldn't know whether it was looking at me. Despite not having heart, I felt my heartbeat rose. 

I walked past it. As it was already behind me, I couldn't see what it was doing. Damn it. I should kill it to gain experience. 

As I was about to enter another passage, I heard a sound. It moved !

I turned towards it. It was walking slowly towards me. 

In the dark aisle of the labyrinth, I was standing as I was looking forward to how good I will be as the so-called ordinary skeleton.

I could not use magic as my "Magic Point" was at 1 point, I had neither power nor healing, just an ordinary skeleton.

When I stood with my rock at some distance of another skeleton, that one recognized my existence as an opponent. 

My bones rang as if laughing.

Even though it was just a type of monster who I had fought over and over again in PlayStation games, it was once again quite frightening, those are a creepy existence.

If a living thing became only a bone, usually it will never start up again.
Even so, contrary to it, it continued to act like a living being, the more I see it, the more I felt like I was certainly missing something.
I have become something that looked like this in the eyes of humans.
Whatever I thought of this, I could not go to the city meeting men like this at this rate.

So I truly understood this time my place and I wanted to sigh.
But I did not have lungs, so I couldn't.
It was natural because I was only bones.
To that fact, I felt disappointed.
I felt like I was strongly struck but the fact that I was no more a human being. 

I thought that I completely had chewed the fact that I became it, but it seemed that not only that I had yet to accept, I also was indecisive about where could I live or what to do from now on.
But still, I had to proceed.
Defeating the existence that I thought was probably a cousin in front of me, as we're the same type, but now it became my stepping stone.
So decided, I moved my legs, I intended to do it.
That speed was honestly, as slow as a snail.
Well, although it is certain that the speed of bones without muscles will be slow but never thought running was this slow. 

The physical ability seemed to have considerably dropped.
If I thought about it, it may be a matter of course. I was just not aware before perhaps the slimes were a lot weaker.

Originally, since bodies move thanks to muscles, without them, it's obvious the result.
To that proof, the other skeleton was as slow as I was.

My opponent seemed a little angry, I attached the foot that went off quickly, then came towards him a little earlier than before. Apparently, the other seems to have become serious.
It appeared more threatening because it held a rusty sword compared to me with my dad rock. It tried to swing it's sword like a human. It had about the same speed as mine.

I deflected that rusty sword with my rock and it lost balance. Upon that deflection, it froze. 
It has done quite a lot of human movement until now. However, it seemed that the intelligence was not so high, so it seemed impossible to immediately judge how to respond to its failed onslaught.
In the meantime, I regarded it as an opportunity, grab the handle of its scabbard in a hurry, then gave all the strength to swing it.
I thought I could deliver a final blow, but there was no power in rock, again I got into trouble...
Damn would this battle continue like this forever?
I did not want to keep fighting with him for a hundred years.

I plummeted the rock to is head. It fell down but still moved. I plummeted the rock for the second and third time on its head.

My opponent finally broke down.
Not only the head but the absurd and disgusting sounds of the other broken bones echoed.
The body collapsed and fall apart as it lost support. The one that until now, was firmly joined and moved as one.
The tutorial appeared, " You killed a skeleton. You gained 50 experience points"
It seemed like if the head was completely destroyed, the immortality was lost.
"You level up." Another tutorial appeared.
It was a very unusual and comical first battle against equally able opponent, but it seemed that I managed to win.
I also managed to understand my own ability in actual combat.
The latest level-up gave me 2 attribute points. I decided to raise my "Leg Speed" and "Leg Strength" from now onwards.
I dropped the rock and picked up the rusty sword of defeated skeleton.
Skeletons, here I come !!

72