Chapter 66 : Trio of Monsters
761 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Encirclement of Mallorca royal city had entered the third day. Sigma killed Count Connery but he never returned the dead body. Count Connery''s leg was bound to a rope connected to his chariot and was pulled around the city. Demia couldn't stop crying as her father's corpse was humiliated. She wanted to go out and face the still raging Sigma but was stopped by Scarlet.

The people in the city of which only around 300 who could fight, were trembling in fear.

On the third day, the surrounding enemies marched forward. Entire Treia knights assembled behind the front gate as the gate was note made to withstand breach.

They could hear sound of blunt objects hitting the wooden large gate. After a dozen of hit, cracks appeared on it. They prepared their stance.

However, the hitting sound stopped and was replaced by chaotic voices of shouting.

"What happened?" Demia and Scarlet looked at each other.

For the next minutes, there was no hitting sound, only shouting of men was heard.

Just to be sure, they waited at the gate for quite some time but still no one came hitting the gate.

"Your highness!" 

A knight ran to her, he was sent to upstair before to observe what happened. 

"Fighting. They are fighting someone.."

He tried to speak while panting.

"What fighting? Explain clearly?" Another knight asked in panic.

"I don't know. A group of 100 troops suddenly ambushed them. They are killing each other."

"Can you identify them?" Scarlet asked.

"They wear various armour, could be mercenaries." 

Demia looked at each other.

"Duck Cheney?" Demia asked.

"Perhaps." Scarlet replied.

Demia asked the knight further,

"Were there dark elves?"

The knight tried hard to remember, after a while, he shook his head, hinting he didn't remember.

"Haaa!" Suddenly, he yelled.

"What?" Another knight asked.

"Their number was only around 100, so I noted some memorable things. There were females who looked like dark elves. In fact, there were several female surrounding a big man in full bodied armour." He finally recalled.

"Adine. So, they were sent by the Duke." Scarlet  said.

Demia complained, "That Duke only send handful of mercenaries to meet their death, he didn't care if the kingdom fell."

Scarlet spoke after closing her eyes for a while.

"At least, there is help. Adine and the dark elves were putting their life on the line here."

"Knights! Enforcement is out there! It's time to show how much we love this country!' Scarlet yelled and the knights roared in return.

They opened the gate and went out. The chaotic enemies didn't bother to attack them.

They just ran to enemies without the horse.

"Kill those in white armour, they are Sigma's underlings!"

The saw a group of 3 men riding horses, Sigma, Kim and Romeo. Unlike their troop who were quickly defeated, they were resilient. 

Their horses stamped the ground as it ran. Their huge sword mowed down the knights and mercenaries as they passed by, and tore through soldiers with thin swords. Nothing worked against them.

One person was plummeted, another was cut in half as his body vomited blood. There were mercenaries who stood up to it, but their attacks did not work.

Although only handful of mercenaries and knights were killed, many of them were locked in fight with this group with no progress while others were being outnumbered by the rest of the enemies.

The Knights were shaking. Scarlet drew her longsword as if scolding her soldiers.

“Stand your ground! This will be our victory!”

Dozens of enemy came running from her left as if targeting her, and there barely anyone there to stop them.

Suddenly, they were cornered on the battlefield.

Two horses arrived finally arrived, brought her men. Scarlet and Demia rode their horses, with another 10 newly arrived cavalries, they left the incoming enemies. 

While being protected by 10 cavalries, both girls ran to the group led by Sigma, Romeo and Kim.

Several infantries tried to stop them but easily pushed aside by the cavalries. 

Elen made her horse advance. She thrusted her arm vertically and rushed toward the one at the front, Viscount Romeo.

He kept his spear on his horse, drew a a very thin sword. Several quick slashes were met with his sword. 

"Fighting a fencer was unexpected. I'll show you a little trick with my longsword." Scarlet said and drove her horse to his right side.

They both thrusted their sword at the same time. Usually, light rapier should move quicker than much heavier longsword, but somehow her thrust reached him first, forcing Romeo to pull his rapier to block, but what happened next was very shocking.

The slender Scarlet's hand produced a powerful push, pushing him off his steed. He tried to balance so that he wouldn't be thrown off, while skillfully trapped her sword using the rapier and another newly unsheathed short sword. She pushed but her sword seemed glued to that swords. That's  troubling as she held the sword using both hands.

"This man, to possess such unthinkable technique. Such fearsome guy..." She mumbled.

Having out of option, she used her body weight to push her thrusting sword, until the edge of her sword slightly stabbed his neck.

But he then inhaled and suddenly his strength rose and she was pushed back. 

She kicked towards his stomach but he blocked it with his knee. No matter what she did, her sword didn't move.

Feeling helpless, she glanced at Demia. 

Demia and another knight were engaging Count Kim, two of them versus Kim alone but he was pushing them back. 

She then realized these men were huge wall they could never overcome.

All of a sudden, he let go of her sword squealed in pain. Same thing happened with Sigma and Kim. 

Their bodies mysteriouslyly bled. 

"Something cut me with blades." Sigma bawled.

"Invisible. There are many of them. Are they assassins?" Romeo appeared to swinging both of his swords to parry something. 

"Invisible? Is that even possible? I can feel there are several of them attacking me!" Kim was desperately moving his spear but new wounds keep appearing on his body.

From other's view, they appeared to be moving and swinging their weapons weirdly like deranged men but as they kept being wounded, people started to wonder if this was a work of unexplainable force.

Not only Scarlet and the others, but Trump's troops froze. Their eyes looked like watching some freak show. 

"Damn, what the hell are these invisible creatures?" Sigma bellowed as his body was bleeding all over.

"Calm down! We can't see their attacks but their slashes were weak and shallow!" Romeo started to regain his composure. He closed his eyes and relied on his ears.

"I am starting to get a hang of it. Ten of them are attacking me." After minutes of withstanding slashes, he could predict the pattern of slashes.

Romeo shouted, "These things moved and slashed in fixed pattern."

Having said that, the trio still getting new wounds.

"I got him!" Sigma hit the air with his axe and out of thin air, a broken skeleton appeared and collapsed not the ground.

"What the....?" He shrieked and hit once again. Another broken skeleton appeared and collapsed to the ground.

"Skeletons? We are being attacked by skeletons?" Kim mumbled loudly.

"Could it be undead?" Romeo spoke while moving his steed nearer to Sigma.

Although they kept getting wounded, they started to slash in some pattern and more broken skeletons collapsed to the ground.

"They are being attacked by invisible skeletons." Demia uttered while Scarlet was still getting to get used to this out of the world experience.

Over a dozen skeletons already broken on the ground and the trio were gradually having the upper hand. 

"A necromancer. I have never seen one in my 45 years of life." 

"But to control this many undead...is unthinkable."

They kept fighting the air until there were 25 skeletons collapsed. 

Afterwards, they no longer suffered new wounds. 

But their bodies looked really terrible with damaged armours and laceration on their whole bodies.

Demia and Scarlet were their swords when suddenly Sigma bellowed in pain. 

Kim and Romeo turned around to find an arrow was impaled into Sigma's left eyes.

"That archer again..." Before Kim finished his sentence, pierced into his left leg.

"Take cover!" Romeo jumped off his horse but his left wrist was pierced by an arrow.

Before Kim could jump, an arrow skewered his right leg. Sigma jumped to the ground.

Several arrows were shot afterwards but hit nothing. While they were holding out against pain, a man in full bodied armour walked in between them with a great sword. He slashed the paralyzed Kim. 

After Kim's death, he turned to Romeo. Romeo skillfully dodged two attacks and tried to escape further when an arrow nailed into his right thigh. The armoured man ran to him, making him flustered. 

In a trice, he felt a sharp pain on his neck. He couldn't breathe. A girl with long orange hair had stabbed him from behind. He died.

"You weaklings!" Sigma roared. The arrow was still in his eye.

The man made a huge swing but he blocked it with spear held only by a hand. His another hand was paralyzed. Sigma kept defending against heavy hit without retreating a single step. 

After a while, he was tired and his spear was hit away from him.

He collected his last strength to jump to his opponent empty handedly but his neck was slashed instead.

Demia shed tears as her father's murderer collapsed to the ground.

14