Chapter 74 : Friedman’s Counterattack
612 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sraffa shouted to the hundreds of people who were listening intently,

"Can you call it 'people government, ’people’s freedom’, when the peasants, who clearly constitute the overwhelming majority of the population, have no right to adopt and carry out their own decision, but must wait for a ’agreement’ between the tillers of the rich families and the landowners?"

"No...!!" The people shouted in agreement.

We separated our teams in to three. Each team would mingle with people in different places. Three girls with the largest boobs within our teams, Yoguri, Aura, Reina, Lily accompanied me for the old man, Sraffa's campaign.

The men were particularly attracted by the sexy beauties and were crazy about the rare dark elf hottie, Aura. 

The appearance of these alluring girls made people wanting to go and listen to our speech. The poster girls distributed propaganda flyers while friendly entertaining the people.

Now, Sraffa's speech echoed with the mind of people.

"One landowner having two thousand acres of land—and five hundred peasant families having only two hundred acres of land. That, on the average, is how things stand in Athen. Five hundred peasants must wait for the ’voluntary’ consent of one landowner!

Is this right, friends?"

"Noooo!!!" The crowd shouted angrily.

I hope the third team would be fine. Small team of Joan, Melissa, Ripine, Anna and Lina should be fine. Joan should be well liked by people, added by the pretty girls. Anna and Lina had 14 invisible skeleton ninja accompanying the girls. Ripine was very good in combat. 

The third team led by that guy, Michal Kalecki was worrying. He was not as capable as old man Sraffa and popular Joan, but I left the rest of the girls with him. They should be able to win the crowd using the number of pretty girls. Dark elf Sora, the little cute Colette, Brita, Mireille, Marcella, Arissa and Gabriela. For security, Colette had 7 invisible skeleton ninja. Brita, Sora, Leliana and Mireille should be able to beat some thugs. Marcella who could shoot fire would be our trump card. Arissa enhanced their abilities. Gabriela healed them.

My thought process was interrupted by thunderous cheers. 

Sraffa spoke,

"Most of the soldiers come from the peasantry. Every peasant knows how the landowners have been oppressing the people. But wherein lies the power of the landowners?"

"Land !!!" Two men from the crowd shouted.

The old man pointed to the two men with his index finger and said,

"Correct !!!"

Then, the crowd cheered again.

After they cooled down, Sraffa resumed,

"The rich families, merchants, and former nobles are all landowners. The landowners have tens of thousands of acres of land. That is why millions of peasant families have no choice but to enslave themselves to the landowners!"

The crowd who numbered over 700 cheered.

"No freedom, no people government can help the peasants so long as the landowners are in possession of tens of thousands of acres of land!"

Another thunderous applause showed how much the crowd agreed with him.

"Before this, Joan ..... Joan Maynard Keynes had said to you .. All the landed estates must be taken over by the people. All the land in the country must become the property of the whole people!" 

"Ooooooooghhh!!!"

His words made the crowd gown crazy.

"How is this to be accomplished? We must immediately set up all over Athen, in every village without exception, our representatives. Unless the peasants, peddlers, and labourers themselves unite, unless they themselves take their fate into their own hands, no one in the world will help them, no one will free them from their bondage to the rich families!"

Another thunderous applause followed 

"To enable the peasants to take over all the land from the landowners in their own districts immediately and to dispose of it properly, while preserving perfect order and guarding against any damage to property, the peasants must be supported by the soldiers!"

"The peasants, soldiers, and labours constitute the overwhelming majority of the population. This majority wants all the land to pass immediately into the hands of the people.  No one can stop the majority, if we are united, aware of oppression, and armed."

"Then, and only then, will the people get all the land, and free themselves from their bondage to the rich families!"

His last words made the people went mad. The went around Broke town and shouted 'Revolution!", "Revolution!", And "Change!"

****

Michal Kalecki tirelessly handed pamphlets and explained to passerby and onlookers from morning to evening. At first, the girls helped him but after 3 hours, they became exhausted. They started to develop respect for that man's tenacity.

Cow town, like many towns in Athen was full of labours and peasants. They were easy target for their campaign. 

The movement led by Joan, before meeting Adine, blindly and randomly promoted their ideas not according to places but Adine had thought them to concentrate and prioritize to poor residential districts. The result was extremely encouraging. They didn't only gain support but they gained volunteers.

Within a month, they were known by every single person in Athena. Kalecki was excited, for the first time, he felt his struggle was going somewhere. Now, the next mission was to convert the people who knew them into loyal supporters.

"Hey you, stop what you are doing. Come with us!" A rude man appeared. There were about 40 of them, holding various melee weapons. He grabbed Kalecki's thin hand and pulled him until he fell to his knee.

"Release him!" Leliana walked to them with serious face. Behind her was the dark elf Sora, as well as Brita and Mireille.

The rude men immediately recognised the girls as these group had been increasingly well known in the past month.

"You, that pigtailed girl and... Wow... A dark elf girl.."

The men touched Sora and Leliana's breasts, but they were quickly attacked. Leliana launched two punches with her knuckle on a man's throat while Sora just slashed a man's neck. The other men were jumbled but some of them quickly ran to the girls. 

The onlookers stepped aside. Colette brought Kalecki to the back. 

Arissa silently casted Double Power up spell onto Leliana, Brita, Mireille and Sora. However, 4 against 40 thugs were still very lopsided battle. 

The disparity between their strength was balanced with their number. 

Brita acted as the tanker at the front as she held buckler with her left hand and her right hand swayed her arming sword to anyone who try to get past her. She attempted to stall as many thugs as possible as her companions finished off thugs behind her.

Mireille was beside Brita, acting as a tanker as well. Mireille used exactly the same weapons as Brita, buckler, possessed the same muscular female body and an arming sword, and were holding the thugs more successfully. The reason was compared to short 159cm body of Brita, Mireille was as tall as men. Her 178cm body enabled her to hold the men effectively.

But there were thugs who managed to go through their defence. They went them and attacked Leliana and Sora.

Leliana and Sora whose specialty in offensive power, killed each man as quickly as possible. 

Arissa casted second round of doubling up spell as the difficult battle was dragged out to an hour. 

After finally killing the 40 thugs, Arissa had casted three round of doubling up spell. Colette and Marcella was not allowed not fight to hide the fact our members could use magic.

Leliana and Sora, especially were breathing heavily. 

"They have never send out this many men before. What happens?" Brita grumbled. 

"Some serious change possibly happen in their upper echelon." Mireille muttered and fell sitting onto the ground. 

Both of them suffered some wounds.

Leliana and Sora were worse, as they suffered several deep cut. Their bodies were still gravely bleeding. Marcella, Gabriela, Colette and Arissa helped the girls to walk to less crowded area. For each walking step, they moaned in pain. Gabriela casted medium level healing spell which she could use now. 

She was now able to heal deep wound and large injury but still cannot restore lost limbs. Her group healing could only do minor healing. To heal deep wound, Gabriela cast a single healing spell into a person at one time. The healing took time, about 30 minutes to completely heal a single girl who suffered deep wounds. In overall, she had to spend about 2 hours for completely healing the 4 girls. That medium level healing casted 4 times left her with only little magic point. "Things are going to get rough from now onwards." Mireille bleated.

7