Chapter 76 : Lake Calenhad
615 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I rode a horse into south east province of Goldonia. It took a week by horse from Athena to there. The place had no town. There were villages surrounded by forest. After asking direction from local villagers, I finally arrived at small village, Calenhad village which was just beside Lake Calenhad. I could see a dock without any boat. From the entrance to the village, there was Circle Tower looming in the distance. It was very tall, unlike any building I ever saw since I came to this world. The view from the top must be spectacular. It appeared that the tower was built on an island in the middle of large lake.

There several small wooden buildings near the lake where I could see several men. I need to secure passage over there. 

I wanted to directly go the dock but since I was not sure whether I would be allowed to board on a boat, I decided to check out the wooden building near the dock first. I rode my horse there and washed my hand in the lake. The lake smelled nice, unlike lakes in my previous life. How deep was this lake? I wonder if I could swim to the tower. 

A middle aged man was standing at the stable. I walked to him but before I asked a question, he asked, 

"Wow. I have never seen one of your knife here. You dress like some important knight. The armour covering whole body must be expensive. You made good for yourself, eh?"

He sounded like difficult person to crack. He spoke again,

"Oh, I mean no offense. I shoot my mouth off because I am not used to your kind. I am pleased to be making your acquaintance, sir."

I looked at the tower and implored him, "Do you know how to go to the tower?"

He was shocked.

"No one has been allowed across the lake for days. I used to be the one rowing the rowboat."

"So, I can't get across?" I grilled him.

"Now, a man from the templars is in charge. He took over from me. The templars were nervous. I wonder something is happening there."

"So, I can't get there?" I grilled him again.

"Don't look at me like that, I am not the officer in charge. That Templar's guy asked me to stay out of there until things are settled."

"I see. Nice talking to you."

"Nice to know you too, lad."

I left him and stared at the dock. There was no rowboat and no man there. Perhaps he went to tower for urgent business. 

I turned to the two storey wooden building. I walked into it. As door opened, a bell rang. It was a bar but I could see rooms on the upper stair from here.

There were only two customers drinking. 

",Hey, Mr Knight. How can I help you?" A large built man at the counter asked me.

I went to him.

"Do you have coffee?"

"Yes, wait a minute."

As he was making drink, I pondered my next step. I could swim to the tower by removing this heavy armours. I have no problem as I could just store the armours in my dimension.

"Here, mister." I received a cup of coffee from him.

"You don't seem from here. From your full body armour, are you from the templars, sir?"

Perhaps lying a bit could lead me to some information.

"Yes. I was trying to go to tower but there is no boat." 

He was there today morning. He brought two templars to there with the boat and never returned.

I looked upward and asked,

"Is this an inn which I can stay?" 

"Yes, sir. Those who want to go to that tower often stayed here."

"How much?"

"10 copper coins per day including meal."

I gave him 3 silver coins which made his eyes went wide.

"Sir, 3 silver worth 60 copper coins..."

"Don't worry. I will stay here for quite sometime."

I decided to stay here for several days. I need to gather more information."

That night, I had a long sleep after tiring 7 days of traveling by horse.

7