Chapter 103 : First Warfare in Athen
342 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We march together, making the whole unit a staggering 400 people, which was slowly marching from Red town towards the western gate of Athena. To avoid the former witches from Circle Tower from being exposed, we only brought Melissa who could teleport, Arissa who could double our strength as well as Lina who controlled 7 skeleton ninja. Leliana, Reina and Brita was left at Red town. The 2 tall warriors, Mireille and Irijina accompanied me. 

"Heeei!!!"

A tomboyish voice echoed in the air. 

"Look! It's Amber." Lina pointed to the air. Everyone looked up. A girl wearing short pant and sleeveless shirt was descending from the sky.

"The enemy occupies a village near western town! Enemy number confirmed, their number is around 700 foot soldiers seen from outside, but no information about inside number! " Amber explained.

"Raise the speed of the whole army! Let us arrive on that place within an hour!" The men shouted as a sign of understanding.

The soldier raised their speed while complaining, we spread up straight away.

A good judgement, if we are discovered now, we’ll come for nothing. We had no choice but to hurry.

It’s the scout!”

A middle age lady from a shop shouted, pointed to a man hiding behind a building tried to run away…… 

“I’ll leave it to you!”

I said to Mireille, she sped up chasing the enemy scout.

She was not that fast, but still it would do. 

After catching up with the man, Mireille pulled out her foam sword, and after she came close enough to him, she brandished it.

The man fell down with his blood scattered, he’s not even able plead for his life.

After a while, Amber who was walking beside me signaled with her hand, to stop us. It seemed that we have arrived at the enemy’s hideout, the occupied village.

Will the infantry strike at once?” A man, who is a team leader asked.

“Yes, the archer will support with arrows while the infantry will be one doing the main attack, the cavalry will be stationed behind to intercept and massacre in case someone tries to escape” Mireille answered.

“All troops, in your position! Archers, go silently, fire your arrows at the same time at the enemies to help the infantry invade the village” Arissa yelled her command.

We made a triangle war formation and waited for the volley of arrows from the archers.

From here, those in village are completely un-aware our situation.

The archery unit approached the village and then nock their arrows in the bow.

When the enemy started to noticed, it was already too late, and then …

“Fire!”

There were 30 arrows pouring at them all at once.

A considerable people fell, bell chimes, and all the enemies had jump out from every house.

Arissa, the commander type sorceress, chanted doubling up spell onto Irijina and the raid squad. Their power was doubled up.

“Charge!”

50 raid foot soldiers led by Irijina pushed through from behind.

Distance from village was not even 2 minutes.

If we had attacked before planning, it would’ve become fatal.

There’s no fence and trench, we could just push through from the front.

There were men who guarded the front entrance, but they were still not aware on what was about to happen.

In front of the gate, the one who blocked, get their head crushed by Irijina, and the other got trampled over by her stampede.

Her spear struck the archers who prepared their bow.

Breaking through from the entrance to the interior of the village, we were blocked by spears embedded in wooden fence.

Behind that fence, several men with bows and arrows readily waited there, and men with shields standing in front to kill the trespasser.

But, Irijina wasn’t slowing down.

She had no problem with a fence like that.

So, she prepared her spear and swung it faster. 

Irijina leaped over the short fence, and smashed one archer when she landed.

She approached the remaining archers who just stood there with their body trembling from fear.

They swung their spear in confusion, 3 people lost part of their body and fell.

Irijina aimed her spear at a separated man, like the other 3, he also got cut down by her spear. I led the the rest of the soldiers, following her lead.

2 people threw their bow and charges to me with a dagger in hand.

I pulled my zweihander from my back and slashed it, my zweihander had cut them down like paper.

But one man kept running even though that I was sure I had swung my zweihander on his neck, it’s a miracle that the man kept on running like nothing happened.

I thought ‘Failed?’ in a moment but, Mireille slaughtered that man until his shoulder fell off.

We secured the entrance of the village while the enemies retreated, the raid team led by Irijina that searched the entrance from another side chased towards the escaping enemies.

With the situation where the Irijina's raid squad was wreaking havoc around inside the village, the enemies morale’s collapse, intercepting the approaching infantry units was stupid when their defenses couldn’t even be prepared completely.

“It’s over”

Melissa said while standing beside me

“Yeah”

The enemies could only do 2 things, which was stalling for time or escape.

Though it’s impossible if they wanted to escape, and stallibg for time wouldn’t help them either.

I see a raid units attacking a group of 40 runaway enemies in front of the village.

There’s still time until sunset.

It should be enough if we had killed 500 of them.

Freestar

“I decide to be there. We will crush their resistance from inside the village”

I took my bloody zweihander from the corpse and carried it on my shoulder.

The infantry units climbed over the fences at various place to fight inside the village.

Some enemies took up position in the small hill, because competing with spearman, I could attack 3 people at once, Mireille destroyed the barricades with her long sword where the enemy barricaded themselves, while I skewered the runaway enemies in the field.

I don’t really have a good feeling about the massacre but if we waited longer, they enemies would do worse.

The massacre continued, it was around the time when the sun was about to set when we finally slaughtered all of the enemies.

"Irijina, as I thought, no can match you with that kind of fighting strength. I’ll reward you, from now on I’ll entrust this raid unit to you” I said while rubbing her nape.

"Waaaa! You can count on me!!" She shouted like men, but with high pitched voice.

3