Chapter Two: Cultivation World (1)
187 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xie Jian felt the world spin around him, almost as though he was free-falling, and then suddenly, it was as if he woke up from a dream once again. A torrent of information flooded his mind, and he slowly pieced together the world information. 

 

Su Heng had a similar feeling, except that when he awoke, he was still in the same sort of omnipresent state as before. However, he felt centered in the body in which Xie Jian inhabited.

 

After receiving the information, Xie Jian recognized that this world was very similar to his own. There were many lands filled with empires and nations of people with similar descent. There were ghosts and demons, spiritual beasts and immortal beings, and most importantly, cultivation existed. Except that this cultivation was a bit different from his own world; it was more powerful, and the energy that surrounded this world seemed almost infinite. In this cultivation world, there were many kinds of sects vying for power. There were righteous sects, religious sects, demonic sects, and many other kinds. It was a dog-eat-dog world. 

 

For this world, the main regret value centered around one man. His name was Ye Ming, and he was one of the strongest cultivation experts in the world. His special identity was the sect master of the most famous demonic sect called XinYue. However, practicing demonic cultivation which is tricky and difficult in terms of gaining strength, so when he suffered a bad breakthrough, Ye Ming lost his memory and left to die in the woods. However, luckily, he was saved by a young man named Bai Li. Bai Li had a beautiful face, gentle demeanor, and caring personality. He took in the injured and dying stranger and nursed him back to health. Ye Ming eventually gained his memory back, and joined Bai Li in testing to become a disciple of one of the strongest righteous sects in the world, the Qing Jian sect. Bai Li had bad spiritual roots, but he was determined to turn his life around and become a person with purpose and the ability to save other people. Therefore, Ye Ming secretly helped Bai Li and gave him a rare medicine that would upgrade his spiritual roots to middle-grade. Thus, Bai Li was able to enter the Qing Jian sect. Ye Ming followed and also joined the sect. He naturally was strong enough to suppress his own powers so that others couldn’t tell his true strength. 

 

While in the sect, Ye Ming continued to help Bai Li secretly, always protecting him from others and giving him good and rare medicines and things to help him. Thus, naturally, Bai Li’s strength improved by leaps and bounds. Ye Ming loved Bai Li, and he would do anything for him. However, he was too scared of being rejected by Bai Li and being lonely again, so he kept his love to himself. 

 

In the meantime, Bai Li was becoming a popular little hero of the Qing Jian sect. He was known as Qing Jan’s white lily flower for his beautiful appearance, gentle and sweet nature. However, little did Ye Ming know, but Bai Li was actually a very haughty and jealous person. Because he was born with a beautiful appearance, he always believed that he deserved the best. If there was something that he thought benefited him, he would do it without hesitation. He had only saved Ye Ming because Ye Ming had a handsome appearance. If Ye Ming was ugly at all, Bai Li would have left him to die. And in regards to Bai Li’s dream to ‘become a person with purpose and the ability to save people,’ he actually just wanted the fame and fortune that came with being a ‘hero’ from the Qing Jian sect. Also, Bai Li knew that Ye Ming loved him, but he thought that Ye Ming had a lowly identity and so despite liking his appearance, Bai Li played ignorant to Ye Ming’s love. Instead, Bai Li began to pursue a secret romance with one of Qing Jian’s top disciples named Zheng Ke. Zheng Ke was the third disciple of  Guo Liang, Qing Jian’s sect master. 

 

The day that changed everything for Ye Ming was when a secret spiritual realm opened, and many people flocked to obtain rare treasures within. However, inside the realm, there were also many dangerous beasts and traps that were deadly. Luckily, with Ye Ming’s strength, Ye Ming and Bai Li managed to avoid many treacherous dangers and reach the inner heart of the secret realm where a priceless treasure was hidden away. It was the famous Jin Xin stone that continuously soaked in the energy from the surrounding land; if refined, it can become a powerful source that can cause someone to reach a Nascent Soul stage immediately. 

 

However, a ferocious spiritual beast and a complex spiritual array guarded the stone that had been sealed away, and so while trying to get the stone, Ye Ming sacrificed his life to save Bai Li and died. He was content with sacrificing himself for love, and for the array, it turned his soul into a lingering spirit. Originally, with his cultivation, he could’ve turned straight into a demonic entity and become a ghost king, but he wanted to stick around Bai Li longer and chose to let his energy disperse and become a simple wandering spirit.

 

As he was stuck by Bai Li’s side, Ye Ming slowly realized Bai Li’s true nature. He was shocked to discover that Bai Li was romantically involved with Zhang Ke and that the two of them knew of his love for Bai Li! As time progressed, Bai Li became stronger with the help of the Jin Xin stone and eventually became a great hero, eradicating all demonic sects including Ye Ming’s and having many lovers who worshipped the ground he walked on. 

 

Inside Su Heng’s mind, a small prompt popped up. “Ye Ming’s biggest regrets are falling in love and dying for Bai Li as well as letting his demonic sect be destroyed by his own carelessness. May the Host please work hard on reversing Ye Ming’s regrets.” 

 

Xie Jian opened his eyes, finding himself in a spacious and quiet room. From Ye Ming’s memory, this was his personal room in the Qing Jian sect after becoming an inner sect disciple with Bai Li. Bai Li’s place was right next to his. 

 

He wasted no time and got up, heading outside towards Bai Li’s room. 

 

Observing Xie Jian’s quick and decisive movements, Su Heng made a guess. “Host, you may not kill Bai Li directly as this would disrupt the natural flow of this world. Changes must be gradual and not abrupt or else your connection to this world will be terminated, and you will fail to complete this world and go negative in point value.” 

 

The other man’s steps slowed to a halt. His posture was stiff, and his expression was dark. “Fine.” 

 

Su Heng sighed at his correct guess. This Host seemed to be quite hot-headed, but at least he didn’t seem terribly stubborn or argumentative thankfully. 

 

As Xie Jian silently pondered his next move, Su Heng took a moment to observe Ye Ming’s appearance. He was quite handsome, just a little shorter than Xie Jian’s original appearance. He had a slimmer face and whiter face with straight brows, a long nose, and thin lips. From the world information and memories, Su Heng knew that the original Ye Ming was similar in personality to Xie Jian except that he was extremely warm and gentle towards Bai Li and would always have a smile on his face when they were together. However, outside of being with Bai Li, Ye Ming was known as an ice beauty. 

 

“A’Ming?” A familiar voice called out. 

 

The warm and gentle voice belonged to a beautiful youth. This male youth had long silky brown hair that was tied back in a braid; the wisps of hair accentuated his small round face and chestnut-shaped eyes that were the color of wet ink. Long feathered eyelashes, a small tint of pink on his cheeks, and a gentle aura radiated from him. It was none other than Bai Li. 

 

Xie Jian stiffened for a second, and then his broad shoulder relaxed. “A’Li.” Xie Jian called out Ye Ming’s familiar affectionate name for Bai Li, but there was no warmth or gentleness in his tone of voice. 

 

Of course, Bai Li noticed this too, and his chestnut eyes widened with surprise while his pink lips pursed together to showcase a perfect expression of being emotionally hurt. 

 

“A’Ming are you still mad about me partnering up with Zhang Ke for the last mission?” Bai Li’s voice was soft as he spoke. 

 

Su Heng was really taken aback by Bai Li’s perfect moves! If he hadn’t known of this world’s history, he would’ve really taken Bai Li as a gentle and naive youth! The world was really a scary place…

 

Xie Jian was unaffected by Bai Li’s emotions. He knew he couldn’t put on a warm and gentle smile on his face that the usual Ye Ming would do, so he merely turned away, playing into Bai Li’s misconception. 

 

Bai Li quickly stepped forward, grabbing onto Xie Jian’s sleeve coquettishly. “A’Ming, please don’t be mad! You know you are my best friend, and I care for you greatly.” The pain was audible in his voice. 

 

Su Heng conjured up some fake popcorn and sat down to watch the scene unfold with increasing interest. “This Bai Li is very good at acting.” He commented out loud, but of course, only Xie Jian could hear him. 

 

Xie Jian’s eyes darkened, but he didn’t pull his sleeve away. “En, I know. Please give me time.” 

 

Hearing Ye Ming’s words, Bai Li knew that if he gave Ye Ming a little space, the other man’s anger would appease and the natural affections would return so he wouldn’t press Ye Ming any longer. “Okay, I will come by later. Let’s eat dinner together like always, okay?”

 

Xie Jian gave a stiff nod of head. 

 

Bai Li gently let go of  Ye Ming’s sleeve. 

 

Without waiting, Xie Jian walked off and returned to his room. The man began to silently undress. 

 

Su Heng almost choked on his fake popcorn before he managed to speak up. “What are you doing?” 

 

Xie Jian only took off his outer robe though. Then he walked over to the small furnace in the corner and tossed the outer robe into the fiery depths. 

 

Su Heng was shocked. 

 

“It’s been dirtied. Burning it.” 

 

‘The Host is crazy!’ Su Heng thought.

12