Chapter 3: Chaos Foretold
405 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been 7 months since Izuku's discharge from the hospital. He was currently in school busying himself with the work the teacher gave him. Basically, it was Math, and Izuku breezed through it like a walk in the park.

Don't get me wrong, he had trouble at the start since all he ever knew was fight for the past years… decades? Point being, he forgot general education. So, he had to relearn everything from scratch, but because of his enhanced mental properties which he had since birth, as well as the advancements of said properties in Lordran via souls, Izuku was now a genius that could rival even the scientists of old.

It was also an incredibly huge pain to reintegrate back to society after a circle of death. Paranoia does some things to you it seems. There was one time Izuku thought a Black Knight of never-ending chase was right behind him. Imagine Izuku's relief when it was just cosplay. Seriously, those knights chase you all the way to the bonfires.

It was even worse in school. Although it was minimalized by saying that Izuku got hospitalized by a villain instead of suicide, it was still torture.

Bakugou being one. The explosive blond won't leave him alone for a few days, and Izuku 100% evaded contact with said teen. Having had enough one day, Izuku did something no one in the whole school would expect.

He trashed him. Quite literally.

Imagine this, Izuku was sitting on his desk, minding his own business, when suddenly this obnoxious, arrogant, explosive blonde walks right up to him with a scowl. This rang warning bells in Izuku's mind, still not getting rid of that overused sense of paranoia. He did what most fighting veterans in Lordran did when a threat comes their way.

Ready… Get set… DASH! What? Those bonewheel skeletons at the bottom of the catacombs were hell for Izuku. Don't forget those Greatbow Silver Knights in Anor Londo.

In an instant, Izuku left the room since class had just ended. And also, since he didn't forget how much of a dick Bakugou was even in that endless cycle of hell, he gave him his just desserts.

By throwing rubbish at him as well as a dung pie. For some reason, dung pie no longer adds toxic in this world. Weird. Probably because of high hygiene standards.

Let's just say Bakugou was hella pissed as he screeched curses and colorful words into the skies. Most of them ending in 'DDDEEEEKKKUUUUU!'

Izuku had no idea though what Bakugou wanted to do, but that's a story for another time.

During the weekend, Izuku registered his quirk for the sake of appearances. He decided to use the dimensional storage as the quirk description. When his other abilities get out though, that's when he'll come clean, with great simplification though on his time in Lordran.

Just like that, time passed and we now see ourselves at the present, with Izuku passing over the Math test to the tired teacher. The teacher accepted that Izuku could finish all of his tests, even those at college level with perfect scores no less, and decided not to be a dick about it. It was just one time, one time, and his self-esteem was reduced to nothing but a grain of sand.

Izuku then spent the remaining time thinking on what to do with his weapons. He was still deciding whether to be a hero or not. Now that he had the strength, intelligence and experience to do so, it was clear he could be accepted into the Hero Course of U.A. no problem, but Izuku kept thinking, did he really want to?

Frankly, he was tired of fighting. Fighting day in, day out, no rest, with endless enemies. Dying, reviving, fighting, dying again, the process repeats. He just wanted to rest and enjoy the rest of his life with his family.

But that tiny part of him that still wanted to save people kept on urging him to continue. That want to be a hero that can relieve everyone with just a smile. He never got the chance to do so in Lordran, what with most of everybody dying. Oh, how he missed his sunbro.

Before he returned to Japan, Izuku's memories were hazy. Now that he's back, he began recalling some events which were horrifying to say the least. First off was Siegmeyer. That joyful, sir onion, succumbing to his death by his own daughter's hand. Then Rhea, how Izuku wept for the girl after he offed her in the Duke's Archives.

Then there was Solaire, his sunbro. He saw the signs, he was close to breaking, yet he wasn't able to find a way to help him. Imagine what he felt when he saw that same sunbro trying to kill him after getting brainwashed by a sunlight maggot. He kept shouting, kept trying to bring Solaire back to his senses, but to no avail.

In the end, Izuku granted mercy towards one of the close friends he had back in Lordran. That day was when Izuku lost all hope to be a hero. He did save Anastacia, but only for her to continue being trapped in that damnable cage!?

Izuku was ashamed of himself. How could he be a hero if those he tries to save ends up in the same position as they did, or worse.

The bell rung, and Izuku was brought out of his deep contemplation. Sighing, he got up and left before a certain explosive blonde goes after him.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][]

"Oh, Lord of Cinder, thy world's in peril."

"… What?" Izuku slowly opened his eyes, only to be met by some strange, hazy figure. "I could've sworn I went to sleep, is this a dream? No, it's too realistic to be one. And, wait, Lord of Cinder? How does it know? And who is it? I think it's a female judging from the voice… mutter, mutter…"

The hazy figure just stared at the supposed God before them. This God was one of a kind, they thought with a blink. Sadly, they didn't have time for this.

"Lord of Cinder, hear thy words. Etch them in thy heart of flame. The Abyss hath spread, and thy flame flickers. Thy flame must not extinguish."

Izuku was brought out of his musings when heard the hazy figure speak. He was confused for a moment, before he realized the implications of what the figure meant.

"… Don't tell me," Izuku held a in a gasp. If this vision he was seeing was 100% true, it could very well make Japan into Lordran junior! Although, most of it was the Gods fault. He also didn't know how the abyss works. Couple that with having the Lord of Cinder soul in his body, and you have a disaster waiting to happen when they come into contact with each other.

"Thy enemy lies within the hearts of dark. Minds of insanity and anarchy. Thee must find them, and prevent thy tragedy."

An image of U.A. High School came into view behind the hazy figure. Izuku now had an idea of what the figure wanted, but he also knew the consequences of not acting with this kind of threat looming upon him.

He might as well do so to prevent a second Lordran.

"Lord of Cinder, thy world rests in thine hands."

With a poof, the figure vanished and Izuku opened his eyes.

"… This is really bad," Izuku huffed out as he prepared his future plans. The vision could be false, but Izuku highly doubted it. This wasn't the first time he had this kind of vision. Izuku got his notebook with a label, 'For the Future' and got to writing.

1st Objective: Get accepted to U.A.

10