Chaper Twelve: A ‘Difficult’ Decision
1.6k 11 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

GET OVER HERE!

 

*CLANG*

 

The crystal blade penetrated the hard carpess of the crab and embedded itself.

 

I yanked the chain attached causing the crab to stumble towards me. Or to be more accurate, the acid trap that I set up.

BING!

215 Experience points earned.

 

Hmm? Where did the crystal weapons come from?

 

Hehe. I’m not telling~

 

Wait, you’re going to tell Maua WHAAAT?

 

Hold on, HOLD ON! There’s no need to go that far, sheesh. I’ll tell you, you demon. 

 

But the answer is pretty obvious, no?

 

What was that?

 

Whoa, I didn’t mean to question your intelligence, audience in my mind that makes me question my sanity.

 

Still, no need to be rude. 

 

I got them from my evolution, check it out!

 

BAM!

Name:  
Race: Cra Grina
Gender: N/A
Condition: Good
Level: 1
EXP: 615/3000  
HP: 22/22 MP: 15/15 STA: 20/20
STR: 2 INT: 15 DEX:30
Danger Rank: F-
Titles: Migrant, Loved by a Goddess, Progenitor, ???, ???
Racial Skills: Slime Secretion LV.1,Crystallization LV 1 
Acquired Skills: Appraisal LV 1, Night Vision LV Max, Mana Manipulation LV 1, Acid Resistance LV 2, Acid Manipulation LV 1 , Slime Density Manipulation LV 1      
Unique Skills: Thoth

 

Look at that new shiny racial skill.

 

I’ll admit, it’s probably my favorite skill. 

 

Basically it uses a substance from the user’s body, in my case the slime that I secrete, and crystallizes it. These crystals can be shaped to the whims of the user.

 

Apparently, at level one, the crystal creations are supposed to be pretty crudely formed and shaped. In my experience, the shape is almost acceptable, but the form of the crystal is shabby. 

 

Maybe it’s because I was intimately familiar with the weapons I recreated from my past life?

 

Whatever the reason, it’s obvious to anyone with a brain,  this skill has almost limitless utility. Hopefully I don’t lose it in a future evolution or something.

 

Enough of me nerding out over my new skill though. We’ve arrived at what should be the last floor in this zone.

 

While we are on the topic, this one was a bit different than the previous ones.

 

Unlike the rest, which seem to stay constant with what I’d like to call a theme, this one incorporated combat in between the ‘theme’. I was only forced to make rational decisions every five levels. 

 

Following that thought process, obviously I should face a quite difficult decision on this floor.

 

Sorry, got a bit side tracked. Let's open this door.

 

*CLANK* *POP*

 

Feeling confident, I strode through the usual passageway.

 

Waiting for me was a giant orange crab with a crown of horns atop its head.

 

How predictable…

 

Let’s do the mandatory appraisal.

 

BING!

Name: Sarkin
Race: Tiamatian King Crab
Gender: Male
Condition: Good
Level: 10
EXP: 453/2850  
HP: 77/77 MP: 16/16 STA: 45/45
STR: 32 INT: 23 DEX:38
Danger Rank: E-
Titles: Tiamatian Face Card   
Racial Skills: Night Vision LV. MAX
Acquired Skills: Fluid Secretion LV 3, Water Manipulation LV. 2, Magic Manipulation LV 2, Acid Resistance LV. 2
Unique Skills: Crabby King Aura LV 3

 

Whoa. He’s pretty freaking strong. But if this goes how I think it will, there’s no need to worry.

 

“Hello there.” A smooth but dominant voice reverberated around the room.

 

Eh? 

 

Was that him? What happened to the mind reading and signs?

 

I thought that was a crab thing.

 

“It is. I can still read minds, but my subjects aren’t able to speak.” Sarkin explained.

 

Ah, okay.

 

“Okay. I’m going to be real with you. I don’t really like wasting time. So let’s get the formalities out the way.”

 

Oh? He’s got a different personality than I was expecting. It’s not a bad thing though.

 

“So...Welcome dungeon challenger...blah blah. There’s a scenario you need to decide on...yadda yadda yadda. If you answer indecisively or incorrectly you will have to face me.”

 

Well, I definitely don’t want to fight you. So what’s the scenario?

 

“Straight to the point? I like you. This is the scenario. You are in a collapsing cave with seven other people. there’s two passageways. Five take -“

 

I’ll save the five of course.

 

“Oh? So you understood the scenario without me even fully explaining and made a quick decisive choice. Very good. May I ask for your reasoning?” Sarkin said in an interested tone.

 

It’s simple. Five is greater than two. If I save the five, I have more hands that might be able to dig out the two. Regardless of the wellbeing of the two, it’s more beneficial for me to have more at my disposal.

 

“Well. You pass. Well done.”

 

Okay, I’m ready for the nex- wait HUUUUH?

 

“Did you not hear me? I said you passed.”

 

Seriously?

 

“Seriously. Now get the snail out of here.”

BING!

950 Experience points earned.

I’m going, I’m going. Sheesh no need to be rude.

Hey. Not much to say today....Today's my birthday, but I have a present for you! A over due chapter so enjoy!

 

71