A1-C001P4
89 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

JULIUS OSBORNE

_______________________________________________________

Three full years has passed since Raegis had been born as Julius. For the first few months, he had trouble in getting used to being called Julius. Fortunately for him, in Daenavis Galactic Empire, an omega child’s name can only be officially registered after they reached the age of eight month. The reason for this is because an omega tends to be more fragile and amongst all the genders, they have the highest mortality rate. This was also one of the many reasons why omega is scarce.

He still remembers on the day when he and Auriel went to the Council’s Headquarter to register his name, Raegis stared at the panel window as his dad filled in the required fields. Auriel was focused and Raegis could barely find an opening to manipulate the data. After all, he had lived for almost a century as Raegis. He thought of wanting to keep the name at the very least, something for him to remember by. When the fields were all filled, Raegis can only watch helplessly as Auriel pressed the confirm panel. Following suit was a pop-up window that appear, indicating that the name registration was a success.

“…”

‘Alright. Julius is also a good name…’ Raegis thought to himself. ‘Since it’s this way. Then I should get used to it.’

Since that day, Raegis decided to engrave the name ‘Raegis Valruch’ deep inside his heart, as he began to live as Julius Osborne.

Back in the present, Julius is currently reading a book in his uncle’s study. Since coming to this world, reading had become part of his hobby. To him, almost everything in this world is a new experience. In addition, he also wanted to find out if he could change his second gender to something else. When he was just a year old, he finally learned that this world he’s currently in, human genders were divided into six: a male Alpha, Omega or Beta and a female Alpha, Omega or Beta.

The more Julius read about the genders, the more complicated his emotions become. He was a Martial Saint of the Seventh Constellation, merely two stages away from the pinnacle. Back in Baram Continent, no one would be able to contend with him if he went all out, not even his brother. Which is probably why his brother decided to end him for fear of being threatened by his capability. Then suddenly, he was born as a weak omega. How can he stomach that?

Julius was naturally unwilling. Thus, he began to bury himself in books, reading more about the history of humankind, trying to find a way to escape his predicament.

“Julius?”

Hearing his name being called, Julius turned his head over to the door and saw his eldest brother, William Osborne, was peeking into the study.

“Will!” Julius called out the other’s name as he put down the book he had been reading and walked over to his brother.

This brother of his had a dark, ashen grey hair just like him, inherited from Mitchell. But unlike Julius who seems to be moulded after Mitchell, his brother at least inherited their dad’s eye colour. Sometimes, it made Julius feels jealous. After all, their parents are already divorced, and Mitchell didn’t even want to have anything to do with them. Julius also want nothing to do with Mitchell and yet, everything about him simply screams ‘a person of the House of Vitalis’.

“How long did you spend reading again?” William asked Julius as he reached out his hand and ruffled the three-year old’s hair. “You didn’t even realize the time. Come on, it’s almost dinner time.”

“What is for dinner tonight?” Julius asked in an innocent tone.

“Well, uncle sent us the Crested Crayfish from Asteria Colony. It’s very big! Like this big!” William, who was currently only 11 years old made use of his still developing body and opened his arms wide to show Julius how big the crayfish was. “Dad is stewing it just the way you like it!”

Hearing that it was a Crayfish that their uncle had sent all the way from Asteria Colony, Julius could feel his mouth water. In this world, Julius noticed that the natural ingredient from the developing planet like Asteria is rich in spiritual energies. Although the people in this world doesn’t seem like they are able sense spiritual energy, Julius was different. He had brought with him knowledge from his past life, and as soon as he realized that he could cultivate, he already stepped into that path in full throttle. This was also another reason why he wished to change his gender. Being an Omega, he’s afraid that all his hard work would go to naught as soon as his heat arrived. Strong as he would be, it would be useless if he couldn’t even control his own body.

On their way to the dining room, Julius’s thought went to his uncle. After helping Auriel with the divorce, Mikhail stayed for a few months to make sure that Auriel would be able to cope without his alpha. It was only once he’s sure that there would be no setback did he leave for Spira Colony. Unfortunately, after leaving, the number of time that Mikhail would return could be counted in one hand. “Will, when will uncle return?” Julius asked.

William didn’t answer because he also didn’t know when their uncle would return. But he knew that his youngest brother is deeply attached to their uncle.

Seeing that William did not answer, Julius also didn’t pursue the matter anymore. Instead, as soon as he could smell the inviting aroma of the stewed crayfish, Julius forced his tiny leg into a run and rushed over to the dining room.

Inside the dining room, Julius saw that Auriel had already began serving the meal on the table. Not wanting to waste any time, he immediately made a beeline towards his seat. “Dad, dad, dad!” he called out to the older male. “I heard uncle sent over a big Crested Crayfish! Is it true that it is this big~?” Julius, with his tiny arms, tried to mimic what William did earlier when the other described the size of the crayfish.

When Auriel saw how cute Julius was acting, a gentle smile appeared on his face. “Mn. Actually, its even bigger,” Auriel replied as he picked Julius off the floor and placed him on his seat. “See how big it is?” Auriel asked.

Now that he is seated on the chair, Julius could properly see the dishes that had been laid out on the table. And at the middle, he could see a big pot with the crayfish inside. Indeed, an eleven year old won’t be able to use his whole body to describe the size, let alone him who is only three years old. And because it was so big, Julius could sense that it was rich in spiritual energy making him openly swallow his saliva. This action was seen by Auriel, who couldn’t help but chuckle.

That night, Julius ate until his stomach feels bloated. He was resting on the sofa within the living room when Auriel took a seat beside him. “Julius, you’re now three years old. It is time for you to go to school,” Auriel said to him.

Julius only looked at Auriel for a while as his brain slowly process what he meant. “Do I have to, dad?” he asked, showing a look of reluctance. As someone who had read almost every single book in Mikhail’s study, he actually wonders what a school can teach him. ‘Probably nothing. It would just be a waste of time…’ Julius thought.

“I know you’ve been reading a lot since you were just a year old. I also know that you are a young genius that exists only one in a thousand,” Auriel replied. He could see the reluctance in Julius’s eyes. This is his youngest son, so it was natural that Auriel couldn’t stand to wrong the young boy. It was only unfortunate that the law of their Empire states that every child must be sent to school to prepare them for their adult life. Or else, with how Julius looked at him with his round, wide eyes, he would surely cave in. He continued to stare at Julius before finally letting out a heavy sigh. He then slowly explained to Julius as to why he needed to go to school, keeping his tone slow and gentle as if fearing that if he spoke too fast, Julius wouldn’t understand.

Hearing the explanation, Julius only pouted. Even though he had lived for over a century before, it is true that he is still a child in this world. His words would amount to nothing. But the problem is, he is an omega. Usually, an omega child would be sent to a school that is specialized in teaching an omega on how to be one. It is a place that Julius can never bring himself to go. “Can I choose the school?” he asked Auriel.

“Of course. Should I give you the list of school names so you can choose?” Auriel asked as he prepared to show the list of schools for Julius. At first, he was prepared to coax Julius for the whole night until the boy agreed. To his surprise, he didn’t even need to coax him. If he was to be honest, Auriel felt that his son is too mature for his own age. If Julius didn’t act like a child most of the time, he would suspect that there was something wrong with his child. In fact, he had consulted Mikhail about Julius before, when he realized that Julius didn’t like to play or cry like other children. Rather than toys, he would prefer to bury himself in books. When Rufus would still cry in bed when he sleeps alone, Julius never once cried. He feared that it might’ve been because he gave birth to Julius prematurely, or because of the accident before his birth had somehow affected his child.

It wasn’t until Julius was a year and a half did he act like any other children and Auriel felt immensely relieved.

Julius stared at the list of school names that Auriel had showed him. He was tempted to choose several schools but unfortunately, those were schools for alphas. An omega like him will never be accepted in the school. In the end, Julius raised his hand and pointed at the name ‘Rutherford Elementary School’. “This one,” he said as he looked at Auriel expectantly.

“This…” Auriel hesitated for a while. Rutherford Elementary School is a mixed gender school. That means, alphas, betas and omegas would be placed in a small classroom. And because it is a mixed school, their curriculum is also different from a school who are specialized in a single gender. For Auriel, he still prefers if his son would go to an omega only school after all, being in a mixed school would sometimes be dangerous. As an omega, his little Julius could be a target for bullying.

“No…?” Julius saw Auriel’s hesitation and thought that the other might disagree so he quickly gave Auriel a puppy look.

Being attacked by his son’s cuteness, Auriel’s heart wavered but his son’s safety is more important than spoiling his son. In the end, he still let out a heavy sigh and shook his head. “Rutherford is not good. But if you still want to go to a mixed school then, I can send you to Darwin Elementary School. Your brother Rufus is also there. With him around to protect you, I’d be more at ease,” Auriel said to Julius.

“Okay. Then… after that, I want to enter Acadia! Dad can’t say no this time! William is there. And I hear brother Rufus will also go there. So, I must go there!”

Auriel heard his son’s choice and he was rendered speechless. Acadia Institutional Academy is a collective school for Sentinels and Guides only. They don’t care whether you are an alpha, beta or omega as long as you awakened as either Sentinel or Guide. That was their only requirement. Usually, a child with potential would awaken at eight years old. Those who didn’t awaken, would remain a normal person.

“When the time comes, we’ll talk about it again,” Auriel said as he pats Julius’s head. Both William and Rufus awakened as a guide so they could go to Acadia. But Julius haven’t reached eight years old yet so it is still unknown whether he would awaken or remain as a normal person. Of course, Auriel hoped that his son would awaken. After all, which parents want to see their children’s disappointed look when they couldn’t get what they want?

“Don’t worry, dad! I will definitely be able to awaken!” Julius said in a confident tone.

He didn’t tell anyone but when William first awaken when he was only six months, he saw his brother’s Quantum Beast. According to the books that he read, only those who had awakened as Sentinel or Guide could see Quantum Beasts. Julius didn’t know why he could see them before he awakened but he assumed it is related to the fact that he could sense spiritual energy in this world. After all, the so-called Quantum Beast was almost similar to a Spirit Beast back in Baram Continent. The only difference is that they didn’t seem to have the ability to materialize themselves into something more solid.


A/N: End of teaser XD

2