Chapter 2 – White Room
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

White Room

I began to see where I was. It was fuzzy a first then a started to see my surroundings. I was in a white room with a chair in the middle. I started to walk to the chair while looking around. The room was so odd since the walls seemed so far and went on forever. It was like a wall was present but moved further and further every time you step towards it. The space seemed infinite.

 

I suddenly had the feeling that I had to seat on the chair. As walked towards the chair I started to think about my last memory before I came to this place but everything seemed so fuzzy and muddy when I think of it.  So I seat on the chair and waited.

 

As I looked around some more looking for someone or something. I thought to myself. 

[Am I dead?]

“Yup, you are.”

As soon as I heard that sound I looked towards it right away, turning my head. I was shocked to see someone seating in front of me, with the same chair I am seating on, seeing this person just pop up out of thin air like that. That person was wearing a formal suit but more elegant and you can’t really see his face. It was like he was ethereal of some sort. He then said.

 

“Sorry to sneak up on you. You seemed preoccupied in your thoughts. I felt it better for you to think about it a little.”

 

“Who are you? Am I dead? Are you God?”

 

Coming from 2 different backgrounds religion. Catholic for my dad and Taoist on my mom's side. I didn’t really know which place this is or which afterlife I would go to.  

 

“You can say that I am a recruiter and No I am not a god and yes you died.”

“I see. Where am I then?”

“Somewhere in between.”

“In between where?”

“In between worlds. In between Life and Death. You are in nothing and in everything.”

“What?”

“Never mind, that’s not important. What is important is the offer I will give you.”

“What offer and why?”

“I am a recruiter of souls. Since you are in between 2 religions and they don’t really know which afterlife you should go to and let’s face it you don’t even know which religion you are following. I was given a chance to recruit you.”

 

Dammit! I knew I should have picked one or even just be religious, I’m not even an atheist. Now it’s come to bit me in the ass. I feel rejected.

 

“Done gloating?”

“Stop reading my mind and yes I am. So you said you had an offer?”

“That I do. So here’s the deal. We can reincarnate you in a new world where magic is real. It’s like one of your MMORPG worlds but real. It even follows a stat system and such. How about it?”

Sounding all excited: “Will there be monsters, dragons, and all wonderful unimaginable things?”

The recruiter was thinking. [This guy is in the bag.]

“Yes, all those things and more!”

“Pass!”

“Ok now… Wait! What do you mean to pass?”

Seems like a shocked the recruiter a bit. I don't think he hears no that offer.

“What I mean is I don't want to go to this new world you mentioned.”

“Why? It's an Otaku gamer nerd paradise. You have everything you could ever want. The level system, Stats, fantasy creatures the works.”

“Yeah, it has everything including the danger. It's one thing to read about it or play a video game of it but it's another to be chased by a real-life dragon who wants to burn you alive then eat you plus who knows what things want to kill you or eat you there. So Pass! I want to go back to my world at least there all you have to worry about is other people.”

The recruiter was thinking to himself. [I need this soul. I’m just one soul away from making my quota this millennium. I need to sweeten the deal.]

“Did I mention you get special ability when you go to this world if I send you? I'll give you a random ability. how about that?”

I have always been good at making deals. That's how I got my collection so big. Thinking about my collection and how I will never see it again makes me feel like crying.

“ Alright, I’ll agree if I get 3 abilities.”

“What!? No way that’s too much.”

“OK fine, since we are friends. I’ll ask for 2 but I get to choose them.”

The Recruiter thought to himself. [This guy is being a hard sell and when did we become friends. Anyway just need this one soul and I'm done with this job forever. I have been bouncing from world to world looking for soul anomalies to bring to that world for so long I don't remember what I was doing before this. Fine! I’ll give this little shit what he wants and be done with it.]

 

“Ok done but as soon as you are done it's off to that world with you. Ok?”

“No worries friend. I got it. It's a deal then.”

A few seconds after he agreed. Words came flashing to his head. It was like a selection screen. With the different abilities. He can even select what race he wanted to be with race traits to describe each race.

 

So he looked around for a bit found a few interesting ones but decided on the 2. He then selected 2 abilities and selected human since it was the most versatile and well balanced among the races. As soon as he finished selecting them his consciousness faded away.

 

As soon as it was done the Recruiter was jumping with joy since his job was finished. He is finally free of this job and does what he wants. He was still curious about what that soul selected. So he checked the ability tool for the last command made. What he saw was.

Race: Human

Ability 1: 999x To Stats

Ability 2:  ???

“OH SHIT!”

But the deal was already done.

1