Chapter 7: The Great Age of Pirates
8.2k 22 214
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Nearly 6 months passed since Rick started training under Vice-admiral Garp.

 

To Rick however it was more like sixty years.

He remembered what Luffy said about him when the two met in Water Seven. How insane Garp was.

 

5 months ago Garp kicked Rick (literally, Rick was one moment on the deck of a marine ship  and the next flying in the sky, a boot mark on his ass) onto a deserted island full of wild beasts.

 

Once again he was amazed at the difference between knowing and experiencing things. Because those 5 months were hell. 

Surviving poisonous plants, not ending up as beasts’ food, and at the same time training himself and his powers.

 

But it paid well.

 

Rick now could float a couple of meters above the ground, and even fly a bit, or to be more accurate glide a bit.

 

His gravity area reached 15 meters. Though not an outstanding progress, what is, is; no matter where in the 15m area someone is, the gravity change would be the same.

 

That was no small feat.

 

In combination with the gravity increase, more than 10 times, Rick could make submit and apprehend a lot of criminals effortlessly.

 

It will be soon the day the Roger will be executed.

When he learned the date, Rick made Garp promise to come get it out of the island to witness it.

 

A promise that Garp kept.

They were now just arriving in the docks of LogueTown.

 

As soon as they were on the head quarters, the Vice-admiral dragged him to the training ground.

 

“Show me how strong you got”.

 

It was hard but Rick finally landed a punch on Garp, who was surprised at his progress.

 

‘ I knew he had potential, but to grow that much in such a short time.. And his progress with his gravity is no joke.

 

 Hehehe, I’m really a great  teacher.’

 

While Garp was, perhaps unjustly, praising himself, Rick was enjoying his victory.

 

He was elated and was massaging the hand that lent the blow on Garp at the same time.

 

‘That old bastard, how durable is he ? I almost broke my hand!’

 

... Or maybe not.

 

~~~~

 

A week passed, and today was the day where a new age would begin by the death of one man.

 

The Pirate King.

 

Gol D. Roger.

 

The man who conquered all seas, went to the end of the world and came back.

 

Rick was patrolling the street, infos from the higher-ups said that even though Roger dissolved his crew two years ago, some of them might still want to be there.

 

As for why Rick was patrolling the streets and not on the plaza, well…

To put it simply he got tricked by Garp.

 

Garp promised him to get him back from the Island for the execution, but never promised to let him watch.

 

“An execution is no place for a kid” said the Vice-admiral with a smug face.

 

Rick was despairing for not being able to see the moment a new age began and at the same time was mad. More at himself for letting himself get tricked than Garp for tricking him.

 

He quickly put aside his emotions, and started his patrol again, when he saw his ticket to get to see the death of Roger.

 

As stealthily as possible he approached the man from the back and grabbed his coat.

 

“ Hey old man. Take this.”

 

The man turned back and looked at Rick handing him a Marine cap.

 

“You’re going to cause a commotion or worse get caught when the marines spot you, so use it to disguise yourself a bit”.

 

The man took the cap and put it on his head.

 

“Thank you, kid.”

 

“It’s not, kid, it’s Seaman Recruit Rick Wald”.

 

The man chuckled at the kid's words.

“Aren’t you a little young to be a marine kid?”

“ Maybe, but I’m still a marine and instead of making fun of me you should thank me for not alerting my comrades that the first mate of the Pirate king, Dark king Silvers Rayleigh is here.”

 

Rayleigh’s eyes narrowed.

‘Who’s that kid ?’

 

“So here is the deal old man. I helped you, now you help me. Consider not calling reinforcement a freebie.

 

‘What an interesting kid. It’s cute how he's acting all mature before me knowing who I am.’

 

“Alright, what do you want my help with kid?”

 

“I want you to carry me on your shoulders.”

 

“What?” ‘ Is that kid crazy?’

 

“Think about it, an old man with a cap going alone to the plaza is suspicious. Now an old man with a kid on his shoulders? It’s just a grandfather and his grandson going to the execution. The marines won’t even throw a look at us. “

 

Rayleigh was dumbfounded.

 

‘That kid is freaking smart !”

 

“And why do you want to go to the plaza, the marines are going to kill my friend there, why would you want to watch that?”

 

Rick looked at the dark king in the eyes and full of conviction, respect and admiration said.

 

“ I want to witness the end of the greatest man that sailed the seas.”

 

Rayleigh could see what the kid's eyes contained. He could not bring himself to refuse him. Besides, the kid’s plan was good. It was a win-win for everyone.

 

“Fine, get on kid, let’s hurry up”.

 

Rayleigh  turned around and was about to lower himself, when Rick floated up and sat on his shoulder.

 

“Giddy up old man.”

 

Rayleigh started to walk.

 

‘A really interesting kid, too bad he’s on the marines side’

 

“Old man, what are you doing?”

“What ?”

“The plaza is the other way.”

“...”

“...”

“How come you reached the end of the world when you can’t even find your way in a simple town like LogueTown?”

 

A vein popped on Rayleigh temple. But the dark king said nothing and walked toward the directions the kid sitting on his shoulder pointed at.

~~~~

 

Almost all the town was at the plaza, here to witness the death of Roger.

The media seem to be on the first seats in front, transmitting the event all around the globe.

Roger was up on the scaffolds, on his knees, handcuffed.

He looked tired, but something was odd.

 

He was smiling, as if his death didn’t matter.

As if he would not truly die.

 

Marines were everywhere. Encircling the plaza from every side.

 

‘The kid was right, I would have been spotted long ago if not for him. Nobody threw us more than a glance. I got lucky on that one.’

 

“Old man, don’t do anything stupid. Or I’ll just blame you and say you kidnapped me and threaten me to help you.”

 

‘Damn, that kid sure is viciously smart’

 

“Don’t worry, I won't.”

 

Then the execution began.

 

A high officer of the marine was standing near Roger.

 

“Gold Roger, known as the Pirate King, you are to be executed for the numerous heinous crimes you committed. Any last word?”

 

Roger’s smile widened even more. It was almost ear to ear.

What he said next would be remembered in History forever.

 

“ My treasure? If you want it, you can have it. Search for it! I left it all in that place!”

The high officer realizing what the Pirate King just did signaled the two executioners to act, stopping Roger to say anything more.

 

But it was too late.

 

Gol D Roger’s execution was televised all over the world.

 

His last words were enough.

 

They light up the flame of piracy in the heart of many men and women, no matter young or old.

 

They brought the dawn of an era with no precedent.

 

An era of adventure and romance.

The Great Age of Pirates.

 

214