Chapter 27: Lethal weapon
5.7k 17 158
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I write about Rick's adventures a bit after the Marine Arc or go straight to the time skip?
  • A bit of Rick's adventures my Lord.
  • Full speed to time skip sir !
Total voters: 32 · This poll was closed on Jan 26, 2021 12:18 PM.

 

Rick was back to the royal palace. He brought Vivi to her father who took her in his arms shedding tears of relief.

“Thank you”.

 

Rick just nodded.

 

Cobra brought Vivi to her room, put her in bed and watched over her all night.

 

As he watched the king leave, Rick addressed Aokiji.

“Uncle, We… I need to talk to you”

Aokiji served them both tea.

“Come and sit. Let me hear what you want to say.”

 

He did, drank his cup and one go.

 

“Uncle… I...I .”

“Calm down. Take a deep breath.

He followed the advice he was given. Once. Twice. Then thrice. And finally spoke.

“I did something bad. So disgusting and… and I don’t remember doing any of it.

He was staring at his empty cup. He couldn’t even look up at all.

And he started talking…

~~~~~

 

There was only silence between the two. For a long time.

The sun was rising and its first rays were shining through the glass of the window, illuminating bit by bit, as time passed, the room.

 

Aokiji wasn’t quite sure what to say. He wasn’t quite sure what to think either.

What Rick told him over the night was worrying him.

For what happened was very disturbing.

The strangest thing was, he didn’t remember it. He knew it was him since there were no one else who could. But memories of it? He had absolutely none.

 

“We need to talk, and I mean talk not report; about it to Sengoku. The Doc too.

“The doc? Which one?”

“Rick in the marines corpses there is only one person called Doc. It is the doctor that’s always patching you up.

“Really?”

“It’s an unofficial title. But he earned it,  he’s the best in all the marine. Still has a breath in you? Your chance of living is above 80%. He is also a specialist of the mind. Marines are always fighting, trauma is bound to happen, one way or another. Sadly only a handful of people have the courage to go to him.

“He’s that scary?”

“He’s not Rick. What people are scared of, is to relive and confront what scared them.”

 

He finally raised his head for the first time since Aokiji invited him to take a seat.

‘Did Aokiji…’

“Yes, I did. I was a bit older than you when it happened. I was on a very dangerous mission and only I survived. It was Garp that brought me, forcefully I may ad, to the Doc. The survivor’s guilt he called it. It was not easy, especially at first. The first step was the biggest hurdle, it always is. With time, the obstacles became smaller and smaller, and I kept getting better and better.

 

Silence took place again.

After a few moments Rick spoke up

“Uncle,  Do you think the Doc will see me?

 

Aokiji smiled.

“I’m sure he would.”

~~~~~

 

Aokiji reported to Sengoku about the mission. He didn’t say anything about Rick, this was a conversation that needed to happen face to face with Rick present.

 

Princess Vivi woke up, she did remember she was attacked by two guards but somehow looking at her father she thought it best to not ask anything about it. She could always get the answers from Pell or Chaka.

 

She went out every day, escorted by Igaram, to see Rick work.

At his demand Aokiji temporarily relieved him of his duties, until the day they would depart for the Reverie. Rick then asked the owner of the tavern to be on the day shift, so Vivi could visit him.

He refused, and by the evening received two important guests from the royal guard.

“Princess Vivi, would like it very much if your employee Rick Wald could be on the day shift from now on.”

 

Who was he to refuse Alabasta’s greatest jewel? Besides, he was a father himself, and never could say no to his daughters, even now that they were married and with children.

So Vivi spent her time with Rick when she didn’t have any classes or leading the Suna Suna clan, a little group made of children around her age.

She was his little taster. Every new non-alcoholic drink he created, she tried, some were good, some were bad, some were a complete no-no…

The alcoholic ones? Vivi threatened Igaram to make him drink them. Igaram played her game as a children’s threat didn’t mean anything to him. Besides it was only once a week Rick did such drinks and it was only soft alcohol. He appreciated the mindfulness of the young marine.

Unlike the virgin cocktails he made for the princess, his, tasted all good.

‘I wonder why? I know many alcoholic beverages but never heard or tasted the ones he made.’

 

Rick was actually mixing alcoholic drinks from his past world(s).

He did change their names though.

 

King Cobra came back on his decision to not bring Vivi to the Reverie, to her pure delight.

Despite the kidnappers’ group demise, he was still worried to leave her .

Since his ship would be escorted by a Vice-admiral and the best tracker in paradise he felt he could take her on the journey.

 

Pell and Chaka had reported to him his actions in the mountains.

It didn’t matter to him. Rick fought for her when he didn’t even know her; went searching for her the moment he heard of her disappearance; brought her home safe and sound and made sure the people after her would never do so again.

That was enough for him to give Rick his total trust for anything concerning Vivi’s well being. No matter how vicious or cruel might he be.

After hearing his daughter speaking of her fun time at the tavern every day she went, and the additional reports for Igaram, Cobra grew curious and wanted to try the drinks the captain of his guard was talking about in quite laudatory words.

 

 For some reason he could explain, he didn’t want Vivi to know, so he visited one of her Suna Suna clan’s days.

Chaka and Pell went with him, they could not let the king unprotected, they were adamant about it and would not budge  even if he ordered them. He did get one concession though. They would go incognito.

 

The Alabasta nights was not very crowded at this time of the day, it was still a bit early for lunch…

 

“Hello! Welcome to the Alabasta night sirs. What can I do for you?”

Rick recognized his customers, they were not THAT incognito and beside, best tracker of the marines. Remember?”

 

“Hello young man! For long I have heard of the delicious drinks you made. From both my daughter and Igaram. My friends will have the same.”

““ Your maj ...””

 

Before they could finish saying the most taboo word to use when royalty is in disguise, Cobra glared unhappily at them.

“One drink, and we go home.”

They sighed and just nodded.

 

He then turned to Rick.

“I want your best drink please!”

“With alcohol or without, sir?”

 

Cobra pondered a moment.

“Both! I like alcohol, but I want to know what my daughter is enjoying too.”

 

“Very well, sir.”

 

He mixed three drinks and served his three patrons.

“Here sirs, please enjoy yourselves”.

They did!

 

“That’s terrific! The best drink I ever had”.

“It’s strong! “.

“But at the same time it has the right amount of sweetness”.

“That’s because there is a bit of apple juice in it , I’ll give you the recipe since you like it so much.”

 

“Thank you! What is called?”

 

“From where I came from, its official name is Cobra Kaiser, the King of Cobras, but it is more commonly known as Cobra Kai. Fitting isn’t it?” he said with a smile.

 

Cobra was dumbfounded with his jaw hanging low.

Chaka and Pell contained a laug. Badly.

 

“ Yes it is!” said the king with a smile and with pride.

“Now the non-alcoholic one!”

 

“Then please eat that. The Cobra Kai is strong so it dulles the tongue a bit. This fruit takes the dullness away.”

 

They took and ate the portion of the fruit he gave them.

Rick bagan to mix three new drinks.

 

“This one, is a creation of mine. I made it when I saw there wasn’t any drink dedicated to  women. Perfect when a lady is pregnant. Of course since it’s non-alcoholic, anyone from children to adults, both men and women can drink it. I’d like to think that maybe one day it would make History”.

 

Rick ended the mix, and served them once again.

“Here, sirs. Please enjoy yourselves”.

 

They drank again, but this time they didn’t say anything.

They couldn’t. They couldn't find the words to describe what this drink made them feel.

“Sweet, soothing and at the same time energizing, making you feel like you were floating, right?”

 

“Yes!”

“That’s amazing!”

“You put into words what I felt.” said Cobra.

They drank again and finished their glass.

“That’s so… What is called?”

“I called it: Vivid Dream, sir”.

 

The three patrons just looked at him in silence.

Cobra smiled and spoke up.

 

“Quite fitting name too.”

“I had hoped so, sir” said Rick with a smile.

Cobra couldn’t tell the first time, but he did the second, this drink was made with Vivi’s favorite fruit.

 

‘ Made a drink for women? Bullshit! This young man created it with my daughter in mind and even used her name when naming it. What a rascal.’

 

“I’m sure my daughter will love it.”

“I hope so, sir. Here’s the recipe.”

 

Rick handed him the recipe for Vivid Dream, along with Cobra Kai’s. They were quite detailed.

 

“My friends, time for us to go! Thank you Rick.”

“Be careful on your way home sirs.”

 

They stood up from their seats and left.

When Cobra was at the door, he stopped and turned around.

“Rick, I think your Vivid Dream will really make it into History.” and left.

~~~~~

 

Back at the palace, they discussed their time at the tavern.

“Really, what a rascal!”

“That he is, your majesty.”

“You have to admit, the names are fitting!”

 

Cobra Kai would become  known as “ The Beverage of the kings” while Vivid Dream, the national drink of the Kingdom of Alabasta and renowned across the world.

 

Many rumors circulated about the origin of the names, especially for Vivid Dream. Every alabastan knew in their heart the truth though. It was named in honor of the greatest queen they ever had, when she was just a little princess.

~~~~~~

They finally left for the Reverie (Vivi included).

While the gathering was happening Rick and Aokiji had a private talk with Sengoku about what was not written in Alabasta's report.

The Fleet admiral openly showed concern, both for the act that happened and Rick’s well being.

 

He was in agreement when Rick told him that he would pay the Doc some visits.

 

Their talk just ended when the door of the office burst open…

And was sent flying across the room ending up stuck in the wall a few cm above Sengoku’s head.

The three men’s faces paled.

 

At the entrance of the room was Kaza with bloodshot eyes.

Sengoku had a sadistic smile, one which said “Ha! Take that! That’s what you get for forcing this problem on me for the past four years’

Or something like that.

 

In less than a second Rick was restrained and dragged out of the office by a banshee muttering:

 

“You’re 18 now, that means you’re legal!” and followed by a creepy  “ hehehe” laugh.

All Rick thought  was:

‘Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. At least she’s smoking hot”.

 

He refused to admit it to anyone, himself included, but he did love Kaza in a certain way. He had no problem about what was about to happen.

 

He grinned and made two thumbs up towards Aokiji and Sengoku, and disappeared at the angle of the corridor.

 

“I’m never going to get him back for letting me deal with Kaza, am I?” said Sengoku.

“Nope”.

 

The Fleet admiral sighed, admitting his defeat to Rick for the first time since they knew each other.

 

~~~~~

 

The reverie was over and… Wait! Wait! Wait! Author, what is this?

(Author’s note: What is what?)

 

This! You can’t skip the snu-snu part with Kaza!

(Author’s note: Sure I can. I just did. Besides do you see a [R-18] in the chapter’s title? No! So no snu-snu.)

 

Nu-hu. You can’t! What would the readers think? They waited years for this moment!

(Author’s note: … The story is a week old.)

 

What about Kaza’s fans?! You can’t do that to them! You can’t hype them that much and then leave them blue balled!

(Author’s note: THAT DEGENERATE HAS FANS?!)

 

Sure she does! Kaza best waifu!

(Author’s note: … Fine go ahead.)

 

YEEEEESSSS!!

 

*ahem*

 

Kaza brought Rick to her room and ripped his clothes to shred! Before he could understand that he was now butt naked, she threw him on the bed and grabbed his big…

(Author’s note: Still no [R-18] tag…)

 

His big hands! She threw him on the bed and grabbed his big hands into hers.

“I waited way too long for this.” she was dead serious.

“Me too” he smiled.

“I’m not letting you go. Not until I’m satisfied or you break”.

 

‘I’m beginning to think I made a mistake’

~~~~~~

 

Three days later.

 

Rick was admitted in the infirmary for a dislocated hip.

 

“Why am I too old for this shit?” lamented the Doc...

I really had fun writing this chapter. My favorite to date. I hope You enjoyed it too!

158