Not a chapter but fun facts #2
3.8k 26 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not a chapter but fun facts 2

With this “chapter” I am  putting an official end to Enies Lobby Arc.

Let’s start with the not fun facts first.

 

I’m surprised this last arc went on for so long. At some moments I thought that nothing was happening in some chapters and in others too much and too fast.

Now that I take a good look. The more the story moves forward the longer are the arcs.
Alabasta was around 3 chapters, Skypiea 10 and Enies Lobby a whooping 16. I’m a bit scared of what’s to come.

 

I see in the comments sometimes questions like “ Why did Rick do this?” or “Why didn’t he do that?”

To answer the first : Rick is cunning but even cunning people may have brain farts. His lazing around during his ten years exile is proof of that. That was utterly stupid and he paid the price.
It was intended and not just something I made up purely to fit the story. (As you can see since his wake up call after Ener’s fight, Rick seems more powerful than ever.)
Even though I defended my decision in some Author’s notes and comments, it was to throw everyone off a bit to Rick’s future development not in terms of strength but mentality. Apparently the idea itself displeased some readers a lot and didn’t read any further without thinking that maybe there was more to it. Too bad for them. They can join their friends who left when I blocked haki for Rick.

 

To answer the second: Rick has been in the world of One piece for roughly 20 years now. Don’t expect him to remember everything he read or saw of One Piece. He doesn’t have an eidetic memory, he’s bound to forget things. Furthermore, we don’t know how many worlds he went on before and how many years he spent there. The simple fact that he remembers anything about Once Piece is amazing in itself considering.

 

Now about the system. We don’t see it much, and that’s normal. Its primary function is to give Rick a look at his progress, and buy necessary things for his mission and not to be an overly cheated ability. Which with the store kinda is, I admit. Fortunately, the things he wants to buy are generally expensive, which prevents him from going on a shopping spree for something that would not even help him.

He could buy things from other worlds, like Kryptonian or Sayian physiology but there are three reasons he doesn’t not.

 

1st: That would mess up his situation. He’s not sure a superman body would do any good or even be useful against a logia. Haki is something that belongs to One Piece, would a Sayaian body which comes from another universe have it? If not, how is he going to deal with logias and people having Haki? 

 

2nd: Let’s not forget that things outside of One piece universe are bloody expensive. The chances of screwing himself over by buying non-related things to Op Universe is really high.

 

3rd: He spent so many years trying to save points for his needs and be low on Karma points that he kinda forgot that he could do that. Since he never had much Karma points to begin with, there was no need for him to look at things from another universe. Out of sight out of mind.

 

Now boring facts are over. Time for the fun ones!

 

  • Boa Hancock was not supposed to be in the harem. It was a last minute change and I’m not quite sure how to deal with that in the future. But I went with it and I’ll find a way.

 

  • The number of ladies in his harem is eleven. Maybe 12 but I’m not decided on this last one.

 

  • The identity of one of the harem girls will be shocking.

 

  • Robin is the one True Queen and the one True wife. She always was supposed to. I hinted at it since almost the very start of the story and not very subtly. The Me Me no Mi, his stay in O’hara, his passion for history. Some were obvious, some not.

 

  • Robin was not supposed to be bi. Why did I change it? Because I liked the idea of Robin flaunting her status of Alpha Lady. Rubbing in the fact that the only reason any of Rick’s conquests can have time with him is because she allows it. Why is it related to her being bi? Well  the greatest way to remind the other women that she’s the alpha is to be there when they are intimate with Rick. And since she’s there, why not participate? I like the idea that Rick and Robin are truly a team; doing everything together. (Or more like every one)

 

  • The idea of Robin being bi came from the scene where they pay back Nami.

 

  • Nami’s cheekiness and close friendship with Rick was planned from the beginning and will never end! But there will be severe consequences. Way worse than being tickled for 15 minutes. Originally it was just Rick bringing down those consequences but now Robin is in the mix so she will do it too.

Now the name of the chapters ~~

 

Chapter….

 

29: A song from Daft Punk’s album Discovery (best album ever)

30: A Linkin Park song

31: Michael JAckson. Anyone?

32: Quote from the movie a few good men

33: From the movie Miami Connection (Far cry blood dragon credit song)

34: From Hamlet.(You know, Shakespear)

35: An instrumental song.

36: Reference to Jules Verne’s 20 thousand feet under the sea.

37: Game of Thrones

38: A really sad song you can hear in Dony Darko iirc.

39: Metal gear solid game over

40: Do I really need to explain that one?

41:  And this one?

42: most famous quote of German philosopher Nietzsche

43, 44 : Quote from people

45: Obvious because of the content of the chapter.

46: Quote from people

47: One of my best jokes ever. ( I know; my humor sucks harder than a Dyson vacuum cleaner)

48: Related to events in the chapter.

49 to 52 : Another quotes from people

53: You’all got rick rolled? You mad?

54 to 59: Another, another quote from people.

 

See you again for a “Not a chapter” chapter probably after the Marineford war.

76