For all who wanna get isekaied
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Hey, piece of advice. When you are going to get isekaied or something like that, pray to Kami-sama not to make you a baby. It is damn boring.' In the past few months of my newly isekaied life, I was able to do a variety of things. Sleep, bother my Mom, try to learn the language, and the most dreaded thing; eating. I know I am a kid over here and I've studied why a kid needs to drink breast milk and all that, but it doesn't make it any more pleasant. What I'm talking about is the view. What would my former female classmates call me? Ahh, yes, they would use the word , 'pErVeRt'! You know it's not my fault right?! I didn't choose to be isekaied as a new born kid, damn it! I can feel the looks of disdain on me being from a dimension away.‘Ok, calm down.’ I looked around  the area and noticed that everyone was distracted. I mustered all my strength into my hands and feet and crawled clumsily to a bookshelf at the edge of the room.‘ The second thing I had made a breakthrough in is the language. You see... I, being the genius I am, was able to learn the basics of the language and now understand pieces of conversations and the likes. Now I am trying to learn how to read. Speaking of language. I finally found out my new name. From now on call me Leo. Pretty short and basic. Not that I'm complaining.’ All this was going on in my head as I made the long and tiring journey to the book shelf. I was about three meters away from the shelf when I felt a gaze on me. I quickly sat down and pretended to be playing with the mat in the room until I felt the gaze go away.‘Phew… that was close. For the past few months I have been playing this game with Mom. You see... mom knows I'm different from normal kids; this was because of a mistake I made two months earlier. I had just made my breakthrough in learning the language and was looking for a book to read, when I stumbled upon a book that was unmistakably a grimoire. Obviously, I became excited and tried to make sense of it. I failed miserably and also caught the eye of mom. Now mom seems to take it as a life mission to NORMALIZE me. Can you believe that?! I consider myself to be at the peak of normality! Due to my mistake, every time I try to get a book, it is like a perilous expedition where the temple guards are chasing me, and when I'm caught I'm thrown into a deep pit, putting me way behind square one. And as if that isn't bad enough, Mom seems to be getting sharper. Due to these months of stress and failures I've now developed a keen instinct to warn me when mom is looking.’ I took a moment to look around and check if anybody was watching and noticed the place was suspiciously empty. Most probably one of mom's tricks to catch me. I will not be fooled! I waited for  another twenty minutes before deciding to take the risk. I took one more glance at the couch where mom was sometime ago. Noting it was empty I dashed as fast as my legs baby could take me, towards the shelf. My goal, the grimoire inside, was glowing more and more as I came inches closer to it. Just as I was about to grab the book, my body shook. Sensing the gaze again, I quickly withdrew my hand from the grimoire and turned to the direction of the gaze only to see nothing. The couch from where the gaze came from was empty. I took a look more closely only to notice a slope on the couch as if something is on it. ‘Using magic is cheating mom! You know very well that I can't use it. This is unfair, unfair I tell you!’ Another thing I discovered these past few months is that my mom uses light magic. She can make herself invisible, bend light to a certain extent and make flash grenades out of light. While she uses other magic like fire magic for daily work, I can see that she uses light magic most of the time. I think it either has something to do with preference or affinity. You know that kind of thing where it takes more Mana to cast a spell with an element you don't have an affinity for, since this is the case, then it will set my plans back by a few years. Anyway, my mother was currently sitting on the couch, invisible, watching my every move.‘Tsk… I can't be careless here. What can I do to force her to take off the invisibility?’ I look around and lock on with the fireplace. A wicked grin crosses my face for a brief second. I take a look at where mom is sitting and seeing as she doesn't have any plans to move anytime soon, I have decided to take slightly… extreme methods, to make her get up. I slowly inch towards the fireplace, I feel the gaze behind me get more intense as I get nearer to the fire. Just as I reach the opening of the place, an arm reaches out to lift me. I turn around to find mom, with her spell canceled, looking at me with an exhausted expression on her face. I grin in triumph as she takes me to the furthest corner from the fireplace, which coincidentally, or maybe not, is beside the bookshelf, before leaving the room. I crawled, with both grace and speed, to the grimoire in the bookshelf and pushed it all the way to a dark, hidden corner in the living room. As I sat down and opened the book, I felt myself being lifted into the air. At that moment I knew, I had been caught. I glared as hard as hard as I could at the woman, mom, who was carrying me back to my crib, jail, if you will, with a triumphant smirk on her face.‘Gosh I should have known! It was too easy! Damn magic, it's only fun when you use it on other people.’

1