Chapter 3 – Classes and Premonition of a Disaster
226 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Classes are 2 hours long, my morning classes starts with Theory then Sword Mastery.

Since my theory class ended early, I went to the training facility to train my stamina, which I regretted when the Sword Mastery class started.

Sword Mastery class  is taught by the James Stinger. He is the Number 5 Hero and a Sword Master. He is already old and retired but he is still ranked because no one can actually replace him. He loves teaching which is why he is still in the academy. The only problem is he doesn't teach his specialized techniques. He has been betrayed by his disciple which is why he only teaches basic sword techniques now. In the novel, he was moved by Michael's sense of righteousness which lead him to pass his techniques to him. I want to learn his techniques too given the chance, so I will work hard to get that chance.

Magic classes are taught by a female magician Leticia Smith. She is a famous magician who can control 4 elements. Most people are able to handle 2, so those who can use 4 are very rare.

Blacksmithing Classes are taught by a simple old guy. He isn't famous or anything, He simply introduced himself as Khan. There are only 4 students in the Blacksmithing class 2 male and 2 female. Well at least the professor will be able to focus teaching us.

Classes in Sword Mastery revolves around sparring, in the first quarter of the class he taught us basics, in the remaining time we spar against one another. The professor paired us in random, I got paired with Jake.

"Hello, I'm Jude Lockwell."

*nods* "I'm Jake Florence."

Jake being a rich kid, of course he was trained by someone else when he was younger. We began to spar and the result is obvious, I was beaten again and again. If you look at us from the other's point of view, I look like being bullied. Even when it looks like that, he was actually teaching me. In the novel, he always beats up his sparring partner which lead for them to ask for a switch until Jake no longer attended the class because he was scorned. Students are typically proud of their abilities which makes it hard for them to swallow this kind of teaching. For me, well I'm like a sponge absorbing everything he teaches. Unfortunately, my stamina ran out and I fainted till the rest of the class.

I was awakened by the professor, saying that it was already the end of the class. I immediately ran to Jake to apologize and thank him promising that I will do well on our next sparring. He just waved his hand and continued on his next class. The magic class starts in the afternoon, the lecture began on how to use mana. Mana is everywhere, you only need to manipulate it. The professor helped us understand what mana is by directly touching our backs and let it flow to our bodies. Once the mana was injected, she guided us on how to circulate mana in our bodies, doing this regularly increase the mana capacity of our bodies. We did that throughout the class so I was actually refreshed for the blacksmithing class.

Blacksmithing class started on how to control the bellows and melt the ingots, and sharpening existing swords. We didn't start hammering anything just yet because he wants us to master controlling the bellows. Fire is essentially a blacksmith's best friend, so we need to at least learn it first before actually start creating stuff. I'm actually okay with this instead of jumping immediately on something I don't know. Well, at least classes today are very fruitful. The whole time I was doing my blacksmithing class, I was also circulating my mana. With my poor body I should continuously practice so I could at least catch up with the others.

Classes are finally over, and I'm now in the front door of our house. Immediately after opening the door, my daughter ran up to me and I caught her. Unfortunately, she caught me out of balance and I was thrown back.

"Daddy! Welcome Home!"

"Anne be careful, you should not run like that to your daddy, look he fell down."

"Sorry daddy."

"It's okay."

I hugged her and felt the healing. This is bliss, I never knew having a daughter would be like this. I will never give her to anyone, I promised myself today! Standing up, I saw Hannah coming up the stairs, well this is awkward. My daughter being polite that she is greeted the neighbor.

"Hello."

"Oh Hello."

"Let's go in Anne, our dinner will get cold and your grandma will scold us."

"Sorry 'bout that, she is very energetic."

"It's okay, is she your daughter? I heard her call you daddy."

"Ah yes, she is mine, I'm not sure how but one day she was left in the front door with a letter and birth registration."

"Heh, that's impossible but okay."

"Well, have a good evening."

Looks like she didn't believe me, well not that it matters. Anyways let's eat I'm very hungry.

"Grandma! Food!"

"Yes yes, here you go say ahh"

"Ahhh!"

"I'll feed her mom, you still need to go to work."

"Oh ya, I need to go, you take care of Anne okay? Anne listen to your dad and behave."

"Yes grandma! Love you grandma!"

"I love you too Anne. Bye!"

Mom went to work, and we spent our time playing until Anne got tired.

Of course all this time I'm circulating my mana, I can't neglect training if I want to protect mom and Anne.

I tucked in Anne to bed and opened the TV to check the news.

[Don: Monsters have been spotted in the residential area. Police are investigating where the leak is coming from. Unfortunately, their investigation is still pending. Viewers, we advise the utmost caution make sure to lock your houses well and prevent from going outside during the night.]

Hmm.. looks like monster invasion will soon start. As I recall in the novel, this would lead to the residential area overrun by monsters in the next two months. It is still not known in this era, but there is Monster King that are leading the monsters. I need to hurry up and get strong, or at least get proper equipment.

"Status"

----------------------------------------

Name: Jude Lockwell

Age: 14

Level: 1

----------------------------------------

Strength: J > G

Agility: I > H

Dexterity: I > H

Stamina: J > F

Vitality: H > F

Magic: H > F

----------------------------------------

It's so funny that my status are too low that it jumped from just today's training. Looks like I need to work harder to catch up. From what I remember the protagonist at least have a C rating from the start of the story. Starting today, with new knowledge on how to train he would become much more stronger. 

It's getting late and I also need to rest, with that I kissed Anne goodnight and slept.

13