Chapter 2 – Cube and The Protagonists
223 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I feel a finger poking at my cheeks, when I opened my eyes, I see a young blonde girl with blue eyes looking at me.

"Daddy!"

"Oh, are you hungry?"

"Un!" 

"Give me sec, is grandma not around yet?"

She just tilted her head, maybe she didn't understood what I said.

"Let's get you some milk first."

"I'm home."

"Hello mom, would like something to eat?"

"What's going on with you son? Are you really okay? Do you need me to bring you to the hospital?"

"Daddy is sick?"

"No mom, I'm okay haaa.. Don't worry Anne I'm not sick"

Just small acts of kindness gets me treated like this. That is how bad this kid was. Haa..

"Look mom, I'm trying to change alright? I want to be responsible for Anne. I'm not saying I could change immediately,  I just want to be a better person for her to follow."

I feel so embarrassed saying that, it's so cringy but I need to say it. My mom is teary eyed right now.

"It's hard to believe right now, but I'll give you a chance to prove your words okay?"

"Thanks mom. I'm gonna feed Anne now."

"Daddy daddy play with Anne!"

"Yes yes, but you need to eat first."

After eating, I bathed Anne, and played with her until she fell asleep. 

I need to train my body too, so I went to the park and jog around for an hour. Well I tried for an hour but 30 mins in and I'm already crying. I really wonder how I made it in Cube, it's an Elite school that is hard to get into. With my lack of physical and intelligence, I really wonder. Well I need to continue, I took a break by walking instead of continuously running, I still need to do 100 push ups and sit ups.

When weekdays come, I need to use the training facility and use weights. Since I don't know much about weightlifting, I hope someone could teach me there.

======================================================================

The weekend has gone by, now I need to go to school.

"Anne listen to grandma okay? I'll just be going to school and I'll be back in the evening okay?"

"Yes Daddy! Love you!"

"Love you too, see you later and be a good girl okay?"

I opened the door and saw Hannah near the door. I blushed a bit, ashamed if she heard what just happened earlier.

"O-oh H-hi, is there anything I can help you with?" 

"I read your letter last night. Thank you for acknowledging your mistakes however it won't be so easy for me to forgive you, you've been bullying me since I met you and honestly I don't even know if I could forgive you. Please just stay away from me."

She ran. I guess that went well? I don't know, all I need to do is stay out of her life and that's fine with me. We both have poor families and so we commute to school, and since we walk the same way, I look like a stalker following her. Haa..

There is a commotion in the gate of the school, some rich kids must be quarreling.

"You! Mind your own business goddammit!"

"No! She is my best friend don't you see she you are troubling her?"

"I just want to talk to her, go away you punk."

"Why not talk to her here then? I know your planning something so just talk here!"

"Aaarghh! Fuck!"

Ohh the main characters scuffling in the gate.

Jake Florence, son of the richest man in the city. He is often misunderstood as a guy who do evil things, it's actually his "friends" taking advantage of his naivete, and doing bad things using his name without knowing.

Snow Saotome, daughter of another rich family that rivals the Florence family, childhood and best friend of the protagonist.

Michael Sakamoto, heir of the number one hero guild in the city, aspires to be the one who will eradicate the monsters and also the protagonist. 

I don't want to be too involved with them, but I pity Jake, it won't hurt to do him some favors and he might be able to help me find Anne's mother. Not that I plan to return her, it's more on curiosity for me.

Since the commotion died down due to Jake backing off, we all went back to the classrooms. There are 6 classes in our year, each with 20 students, there are no hierarchy in the first year, the classes are all draw lots. This will change in the 2nd year till the 4th year, they did it like this to have proper evaluation instead of having it in the exams. Scholarships are also offered on the 2nd year and first year fees will be refunded if you pass the scholarship exam.

Just my luck, the protagonists of this novel is in the same class as me. Well I'm a minor villain which is why I'm here, but I won't walk the path of evil for Anne, my sweet baby girl Anne. I already want to go home, I miss her.

======================================================================

Classes are interesting, I never knew classes would be fun. Maybe because I never listened to a class in my past life and just crammed everything during exams. Right now I find things fun and easy to understand.

"Hey, Jude I heard from Hannah a few days ago that you were bullying her, could you stop doing that?"

"Hm? I already talked it out with her, go ask her."

"Oh cool. I'm still warning you though."

"Yea Whatever. Just stop bothering me."

Michael Sakamoto, an over-the-top self righteous guy, this is why I hate him, he wants to be involved in all kinds of problems. Hero complex, that's what I think they call it. At the corner of my eyes, I saw him having a chat with Hannah, looks like he got it sorted out. Well I hope he doesn't bother me too much.

Well classes are over so I'll head to the training facility. Classes are scheduled in the morning, afternoon schedule involves more practical classes, you enroll in the classes you deem appropriate to you. I enrolled in Sword Mastery Class, Magic Class, and Blacksmithing Class. 

I joined Blacksmithing Class to get equipment cheaper. I read that you could get discounts just being in the class, of course I plan to maximize this to create my own gear in the future.

13