Chapter 5 – Classes and Premonition of a Disaster (3)
482 11 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right now I'm outside the school building selling my weapons, I got a permit from the school to setup a small store, due to my reputation, students don't go near my store. It really sucks, I never thought my reputation would hurt me this way. I don't exactly have a close friend here in school, I need to ask a favor to the ladies in the blacksmithing class.

"Jennie, Sakura, can we talk for a moment?"

"Jude, what do you need?"

"I'd like to ask for a partnership with you two. As you know, I have setup a store outside the school building, the problem is I have no customers. I think they're too scared of me, I don't know why but I'm not even doing bad things you know?"

"Fufufu.. we understand your situation, but your reputation is not really a good one with all the rumors. Taking over a gang base, Extorts money from middle school students, and a pervert masochists that likes being thrashed."

"What? Where did those even came from, just so you know I go home immediately after class."

"I know, it's just funny, we are not exactly close so how will this partnership work hm?"

"Well, I will let you sell your weapons in my store and I will split profits with the weapons I sold. 80-20."

"60-40, I know that you will make us tend to the store, so advertising and sales will be done by us."

"Argh, 70-30 final call. I need to make a living here you know? I'm also raising a kid."

"Delinquents and their reasons, who would believe a virgin like you will have a kid? Fine, 70-30 but you will do the accounting."

"Fine, I will send profit report with your cuts so we have a deal right?"

"Yup, we will start immediately, there are still a few hours till class ends! Sir Khan is away today anyways."

"Okay, so you go to the store and I'll keep making weapons here."

"Sakura, switch with me later okay? I need to practice blacksmithing too."

"Okay Jennie."

I need to create a weapon for me too, I want a katana, my otaku soul is screaming right now. I checked the old documents on how to create a katana and started making it. Katana's have a bad reputation nowadays, they are not as sturdier as other normal swords, which is why no one makes it anymore. Well you would certainly die if your weapon breaks in the middle of combat, so they would use more durable swords.

I started creating my katana, few hours later I finished it and it was okay, though I'm not exactly sure if I can even call this katana, just a curved blade I guess? I didn't notice that Khan was behind me and watching me do the whole process.

"Well I was waiting for awhile for the finished product. Looks like it's okay but there are still room from improvements. Before you start again here take this, it's a Spatial Ring. I have given the other 3 theirs already, I was waiting for you to finish. Let me help you with that, katanas are hard to forge after all."

"Thank you sir, but why did you give us Spatial Rings?"

"Just think of it as a thank you from me. Working with you I learned a thing or two, especially about blacksmithing with mana."*wink*

"So I got caught huh?"

"HAHAHA! Don't worry it's not illegal or anything, I just never considered this way, you see most blacksmith never considered practicing magic. So people never had the idea of doing blacksmithing that way. Well let's work on your katana tomorrow, it's getting late and your mom must be worried, Jennie is also waiting for you outside."

"Thanks Sir Khan."

"Jude! Finally you're done, here are the items that were sold today. The swords you made are selling like hotcakes, well I will leave the accounting to you and give me the money tomorrow!"

"Okay, okay. See you tomorrow."

======================================================================

On my way home, I felt an uncomfortable gaze filled with bloodlust, it was a Giant Mantis. The monster rating for the Giant Mantis is E in terms of stat we are on par on paper, problem is because of their different body structure and with the difference in reach, I will certainly have a hard time fighting. 

I fired a few [Mana Bullet] to distract the mantis, then I ran to a corner wall. I called 911 immediately and asked for help for insurance, looks like the mantis caught up to me already. I mustered my strength and courage to face it, with my sword in hand I dashed forward, and rolled to the side to hit the leg that supports the body. I bait the enemy to attack me, dodge to the safe side, hit the leg that supports the body, rinse and repeat. I feel like I'm playing Dark Souls VR right now.

We were still going back and forth, until I sensed a couple of kids a few meters behind the mantis. The mantis also noticed the kids, it felt desperate and attacked the kids instead, with the it's mobility damage, I overtook the mantis a bit and covered the kids, the mantis slashed at my back. I almost fainted due the excruciating pain I felt, tears covered my eyes, the mantis looming over me, as if taunting me that finally he caught me, a bug pestering an existence like him, in his eyes I'm only a food to be eaten, a game to be hunted, and I dare injure him, a mocking smile appeared on the mantis.

Despair, you never know what it feels until you are on the edge of your life, I'm barely hanging on to my consciousness with my all, I'm bleeding all over the street, is this it? All that hard work for nothing? Memories of mom and Anne played in my head again and again as the shadow raises it scythe to go for the kill, I closed my eyes and waited for the end.

 

14