#7 The Things He Wants to Do With Me II
32 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Though I felt that I may have ran my mouth a little, I wasn't lying when I said I'd look forward to Andrew's treat. It was less about the free coffee and more about the fact that he cares enough about me to feel the need to make it up to me. Frankly, I would've let him off with a simple apology, but an opportunity to spend time together with him -something I previously would laugh at myself for should I so much as dream of it- was not something I could let up. The thought that he was the one to ask me out, and rather nonchalantly at that, stirred me up even more.

'It's almost gonna be like an after-school date.' I thought, before pinching myself on the cheek.

I wondered, though, where he would take me. I initially assumed Starbucks, knowing how bougie private school kids can be. It's not like I could care less either; I'd still have butterflies in my stomach even if we were just slurping instant ramen at a convenience store.

The next day, however, I began to think I got my hopes up. I spoke very little with Andrew other than greeting each other good morning. As the day went by, I started thinking more and more that his offer was all talk. It wasn't until class ended for the day did I realize I came to a stupid conclusion. I was just about to make my way to the front gate when I heard Andrew calling me out from behind.

'Miles, where are you headed?' He asked when he caught up to me. 'Did you forget I was gonna treat you today?'

'I...' I choked on my answer, 'yeah, I think I might've forgotten.'

'Really? I guess I should've reminded you this morning.' He said, scratching the back of his neck.

*

'Hey, um... where are we going, anyways?' I asked, staring down at the tarmac as Andrew drove.

'You'll see. I don't wanna spoil it for you.'

'Okay, then I guess I can rule out Starbucks.' I thought.

I don't know whether it was worth not spoiling it for me; the cafe he took me to did seem like a cozy place to hang out, but was otherwise quite run-off-the-mill. If I dare say, it was one of those dime-a-dozen cafes that have recently been popping up a lot in commercial districts.

'This is where I usually hail,' Andrew began, breaking my train of thought, ‘either to study or catch up with schoolwork, or just to chill when I don't feel like going straight home.'

'So you come here often, huh?' I replied. 'It's actually my first time here.'

'Is that so?' He responded briefly. 'And my first time is with you of all people.' I thought.

'So what are you getting?' He asked, scanning the menu. 'I'll just have what you're having.' I replied. 'Whatever your usual is, get two of em.'

'Two iced americanos, then.' He said to the guy behind the counter.

*

'You know, I uh...' I began, after my first sip, 'today I couldn't help but notice that you weren't talking to me as much.'

'Yeah, about that...' He started explaining, 'I thought it'd bother you if yesterday's ordeal had to happen again.'

'What, the thing with Erina? It's not that it bothered me,' I retorted, 'it's just that... I kinda felt bad for her.'

'And I don't want for you to have to feel that way.' Andrew replied. 'I figured it'd be best if I didn't get in between you.'

'But then we barely talked the whole day!' I complained. 'I was even worried that today's plans weren't gonna happen!'

'Were you looking forward to it that much?' Andrew asked back, wide-eyed.

'Eh? No I... it's not that  I was...' I stuttered.

'If you were, then that's totally fine.' Andrew grinned. 'You ought to be honest about how you feel.'

When I couldn't rebut him, I resorted to taking a big gulp of coffee. I kept gulping and gulping until all that was left were the ice cubes. Andrew, meanwhile, had well over half his drink left.

'Hey... don't you think I'm boring to hang out with?' I asked gingerly.

'How so?' He asked back

'Well, sometimes I can't help but feel like I'm a dull person to be around.' I muttered timidly.

'But I don't think so, and neither should you.' Andrew replied matter-of-factly. 'The fact that I'm taking you out like this means I don't find you dull at all.'

'In fact,' he continued, 'the more time I spend with you, the more I wanna get to know you.'

'In any case, you don't have to overthink things. Worry too much, and the things you worry about will end up manifesting.'

'I...' I intended to say I understood, but changed my mind in a split second. 'Thank you.'

'Don't mention it.' He said. 'Anyways, up for a snack?'

2