1.0.2 – Before Enrollment
81 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days after the exam, inside the Magician’s Tower, there was a knock on the door.

 

Lumi had changed out of her uniform into a hooded black robe. It appeared ragged on the edges and the sleeves were a little too wide for her. It was because she had ripped the bottom part off due to it being too wide for her.

 

She opened the door to find that there was another person wearing a black robe. She had long curly gray hair and gray eyes, her robe wasn’t like Lumi’s and more new looking and expensive. Hung around her neck was a stol that was likewise black. 

 

“Evil Bishop, what is it.”

 

“...” The lady was unamused and crossed her hands in front of her chest. “Do you still want to learn magic?”

 

Lumi placed a hand over her mouth and nodded. “Olivia, couldn’t you just teach me instead?”

 

“I can, if you let me view your records.”

 

“Impossible.” Lumi blushed. 

 

Olivia shrugged. “Then no deal. I’m only allowing you to learn since the knowledge is already out there, even if I don’t teach you, if you try hard enough you can obtain them.”

 

She continued.

 

“If you want me to personally teach you? Not. A. Chance.”

 

“...”

 

Lumi swore she still had a grudge against her. Alright, it was her fault for being so domineering when she met.

 

Olivia turned and left.

 

Lumi stuck her tongue at her back. After closing the door, she made her way back to the bed.

 

Lying on it was another girl, she could only be described as an extreme beauty, one that could cause the sky and moon to appear dim. Lumi felt as if she were the most perfect existence in the world. 

 

Her hair was scattered all over the place, while she wore a plain white dress. Due to gravity as well as a pendant, the dress was pressing against her plump chest, revealing their perfect shape along with their perks. 

 

“Shouldn’t you place a blanket on.” Lumi pouted. If she wasn’t covering her, wouldn’t Olivia have seen her figure?

 

She swore, their guards were a little down from being in seclusion for so long.

 

“Hehe, it’s fine.” Lan Huiling sat up, and blinked at her. Her eyes were an aqua blue, giving off an illusion that with a light shake, ripples would form on the surface.

 

She pulled Lumi down next to her and hugged her. “So, what did the academy send you?”

 

Lumi really wondered whether or not she was pulling her hair. However, seeing that she didn’t seem to feel anything, she threw that thought to the back of her mind and looked at the things Olivia had passed her.

 

There was a book, and a few pieces of paper.

 

One of the papers was a permission for her to wear magic tools, while the other was her placement. She was placed in class G. 

 

She placed them to the side and started to flip the pages. The book told her about how the academy worked. The classes were separated into G to A. If one wanted to graduate, they needed to climb all the way to Class A, and take a final exam.

 

The requirements for raising your class is as follows.

 

F - Comprehend an Elemental Seed.

 

E - Create an Elemental Armament

 

D - Learn an Auxiliary Technique, 1000 units of mana

 

C+ Rankings.

 

All they needed to do was defeat someone within the higher class in order to advance from C upwards.

 

“Huiling, are you going to be fine without me? I probably won’t be able to see you for a while.” They weren’t allowed to leave the campus once they enrolled, and if they were caught, they would be punished. 

 

Lan Huiling placed her on her lap. “Not necessarily.” 

 

“??”

 

Lan Huiling only showed a smile, “You’ll see when the time comes.” 

 

Lumi placed the book down, afterwards, she turned around and pushed Lan Huiling down onto the bed. “I almost forgot, Huiling, do you have a way to find out if you’re related to someone?”

 

Despite her asking, she didn’t give her a chance to reply, at least not for a long while.

 


“What, you want me to cover for you when you jump the duke?”

 

Olivia felt the girl in front of her was a little crazy. If she didn’t know better, she would think she was starting a coup. 

 

“I need a drop of his blood.” 

 

Olivia laughed. “Go ahead, as for me covering for you, let’s see what happens when the time comes.”

 

Seeing that she wasn’t getting a definite answer, Lumi hesitated. “Is he stronger than you?” Although Amelia was an option, she didn’t really want to hurt her. A more suitable target was naturally the duke himself. 

 

If he really got jumped, he probably would remain silent about it.

 

“The problem is their family memento, the Blood God Sword.”

 

“??”

 

“Perhaps, his strength would be equal to yours.” Olivia showed a mysterious smile. “Even if you try to fight him, you might not win.” It was a matter of compatibility. 

 

Lumi placed a hand on her chin. “No problem, if anything happens, its definitely not me trying to start a coup okay?”

 

“....”

 

Olivia rolled her eyes. Even if she didn’t help, for some strange reason, she felt like she had been dragged onto the boat. 

 

“Just try not to get yourself killed.”

 

Lumi shrugged. She returned to her room and locked the door.

 

“Huiling, let’s go~”

 

Lan Huiling nodded and fixed her attire, although it was fine when she was alone with Lumi, it was different if they were heading outside.

 

She got out of her dress and changed into her Sect Attire. Although it was long outdated.

 

“Where’s the Duke?” 

 

“...I don’t know… Hehe, I’ll go ask Olivia.” Lumi blushed, she had assumed he would be in the capital, but she realized that might not be the case. 

 


Inside of a mansion, 

 

The Caedes Duke Heath was sitting cross legged on the ground in meditation when a large magic circle formed underneath him. Not long after, another appeared, it was smaller and hovered an inch above the first one, with him as the center. 

 

He opened his eyes. Someone was trying to teleport him somewhere, and from the mana, Although he could easily disrupt it, he stood up and waited for the spell to finish.

 

It was Olivia, and it wasn't the first time she had done something like this.

 

When the last circle formed, he was then warped someplace else.

 

The sky was currently dark, and they were in a rocky plain far away from the capital. 

 

In front of him were three girls, two of them wore robes and the last one wore a strange outfit that remiscensed those from the Kingdom of Ki.

 

Seeing them, his eyes widened for a fraction of a second before returning to normal.

 

“What do you want from me.”

 

There were too many factors. He could say they were trying to assassinate him, however, Olivia was an ally from the same generation as him. However, the black hair, blue eyed beauty with hair that went down to her ankles wasn’t from this Kingdom, and the girl in the center, was someone who had ruby eyes similar to his late father.

 

“She wants to find out if you’re related to you.” Olivia pointed at Lumi.

 

“And then what will you do if you find out.” 

 

Lumi shrugged. “I don’t know. Obediently hand me your blood.”

 

He knitted his brows. “Is that how you talk to your elders?” 

 

The girl giggled, and didn’t reply. She started to take out her bracelets, causing Heath’s eyes to widen. Each time one of her bracelets was taken off, her mana would increase by another 10 fold, and when she finished one arm, she went to another arm.

 

“What a monster….”

 

He felt as if he was staring at a bottomless pit of mana. 

 

When she finished removing all of her bracelets, she passed them to Lan Huiling, and with a light kick, she vanished.

 

He turned around, and in the process, a red sword appeared from thin air, blocking the blow. He couldn’t see, and the only thing he could depend on was his sixth sense, something honed from the edges of life and death.

 

From her one punch, he was knocked flying hundreds of meters, and then, he couldn’t defend at all. Each one of her movements was equivalent to a full powered spell. 

 

He felt humiliated. He was thrown around like a rag doll, yet there wasn’t a single injury on him. The only thing he felt was pain and exhaustion.

 

“Huiling!” Lumi felt satisfied and waved her hand at Lan Huiling. She came over and took out a needle, afterwards, she extracted a drop of blood from him before placing it in a bottle.

 

“Let’s begin.” It floated in the air and she did a few hand seals and closed her eyes.

 

Olivia looking at this placed a hand on her chin. The girl was something she couldn’t read as well. 

 

Lumi wasn’t idle either. She bent down and placed a hand over his arm.

 

[Appraise]

 

Heath Caedes 

Human (Half-Spirit)

Age 227

Health -1/100,396

Mana - 1325,354

Str - 534,305

Agi - 540,204

Affinity - Blood

 

Contract - Blood God Blade 

 

“Wha~ So strong.” Lumi praised. Half Spirit meant he had reached the limit of turning his body into mana which was 50%. 

 

“Done.” It was at this time, that Lan Huiling opened her eyes. She destroyed the bottle with the blood inside of it and reported the results. “He’s your Brother’s Son, so your Nephew?”

 

Lumi placed a hand on her chin. “That was closer than I thought.” She had expected a few greats attached to it. It appeared that her Brother had lived a long life as well? Although she didn’t want to admit it, she had already passed her 400s.

 

The time spent sleeping, meditating, and being dead doesn’t count!

 

Heath who was on the ground shivered. “Hahaha,” he suddenly laughed. “Fuck, if you were so strong, where were you when that crazy bastard wanted to take over the continent!” 

 

He was angry. If she was so strong, if she was there at that time, then they wouldn’t be in such a situation.

 

“Dead.”

 

Lumi said frankly. She glanced over at Olivia, who seemed shocked as well. “Cough, let’s not talk about this.” Her eyes shone. “So Big Brother actually married someone, I thought he would be single his entire life.”

 

“....” Should he be angry?

 

“So, how was Sister-in-law? Was she pretty?”

Heath was a little embarrassed at the girl who was kneeling next to him. He nodded. “Mom was a beauty. Also, can I get a healing spell here?” He gritted his teeth. What are you making a grown man say?! 

 

A wave of light splashed onto him, causing the pain to go away. He was also no longer tired.

“Aunt…” He felt unused to calling her this. Not to mention she looked younger than him by an entire 10 years. 

 

Lumi nodded. “Nephew, what is it?” The more she said it, the more she liked that calling.

 

“What are you planning to do?” He glanced over at Lan Huiling then back at her. 

 

Lumi happily patted his shoulders when she realized her restraints were all off. She grinned. “Nothing. I’ll help take care of grandniece when I have a chance. So, are there other descendents?” 

 

“I have a son, he’s currently away inside the Setz Kingdom.” 

 

Lumi nodded. Since he has two children, she could sigh in relief. Her descendents were hopefully secured.

 

“Let’s head back.” Olivia said. She actually wanted to research Lumi’s body, but it was too bad, she didn’t have the strength to do so.

 

 

Hello, just a heads up. The story won't be written in a linear order.

6