1.2 – Elemental Affinity
62 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three made their way over to the next building. They had to select their focus. Although it was called selecting, it wasn’t completely up to the student. Instead, a magic tool tests their affinity, and it would automatically change the uniform to the color that was most suited.

 

Single Element students all had colored uniforms. Purple for lightning, fire for red, and so forth, and multi elements all had white uniforms, with colored accents. 

 

This was where the selection part comes from. They could only select one element to work with unless they reached class C. 

 

Lumi and Alice both left their dolls inside the dorm room. Although she would like to bring it over, she figured she couldn’t carry it during her affinity test.

 

When they entered the building, there were signs that led them to the designated room. 

 

The three went to the end of the long line.

 

“Have you all decided on an elective?” Fina, the ever curious, asked Lumi and Alice. They were optional courses, which included stuff like sciences, martial arts, as well as cultural arts. 

 

“Track, and sword arts.” 

 

"Don’t know.…" 

 

The one who didn’t know was Lumi. None of them was really interesting to her. Fortunately, they weren’t mandatory.

 

“Fufu,” Fina placed her hand over her mouth and laughed. “I’m going to learn Goblin Tongue, I’ll also learn martial arts.” Martial Arts was a popular and recommended pick. 

 

“Multiple?” Alice tilted her head. Usually they would be specific, like her with Sword Arts. It would match their armament type. 

 

“Mmmhmm~” Fina placed her hands on her hips while having a smug on her face. 

 

Despite the line seeming to be long, it went smoothly, and soon it was their turn. The first to enter was Alice. The magic tool was a circular platform with pillars in the 4 cardinal directions.

 

A wave of light rose up scanning over her. Although her uniform remained white, aqua blue and brown accents formed on the edges. They were water and earth elements respectively.

 

The instructor by the side wrote down the results, water and earth.

 

“Next.”

 

She steps out of it and Fina follows after her. Her navy blue uniform became  white as well, and 4 lines appeared on her, earth, water, fire, and wind.

 

“Nice,” Alice praised her. The more element affinity one had, the better it was. The two turned to face Lumi. They were curious about what element she had. 

 

Lumi took a step into the magic tool. It scanned her along with her uniform a few times when her blazer and skirt turned into a black.

 

Black? 

 

She was reminded of that Evil Bishop.

 

“Is something wrong?” The instructor logged down her results and asked. She was still standing in the circle.

 

She shook her head and left the magic tool, allowing the next person to enter it.

 

“Let’s go.” 

 

“Shadow isn’t bad,” Fina thought Lumi was a little depressed, so she went over and patted her shoulder. 

 

Lumi showed a smile. “Thanks.” 

 


 

When the trio returned to their dorm rooms, they saw another girl inside. Seeing the uniform she wore was white with icy blue and black accents, it would appear as if she had finished her Focus Selection before coming over to the dorms.

 

Her hair was tied behind her in a ponytail and she was tall, at least a head taller than the trio.

 

“Kuro Ayami, nice to meet you.” 

 

The girl turned around, revealing a handsome face. She had black hair and eyes that were dark as night. Her brows were sharp and her back was straight, giving her a serious and dignified appearance. 

 

With the exception of Lumi, the other two had a blush on their face. Especially Alice who wanted to change her into a male’s uniform. She wished that her element was full shadow instead as well, that way she could look like a butler.

 

The trio introduced themselves again.

 

“Soo... we’ll now decide on our rooms?” Fina asked with a finger on her chin. Her large blue eyes rolled around.

 

“We’ll use lots.” 

 

Ayami took out a bamboo cup. Inside it was a bunch of sticks. There were 4 colors. She then matched it with each room.

 

The one picking the lot would have their eyes closed in order to prevent cheating, and in the end, Alice raised her hands in the air in celebration. She was going to dorm with Ayami, while Fina and Lumi were going to share a room together. 

 

Lumi was given the bed near the window while Fina had the inner bed. 

 

She started to unpack everything, taking out all of her underwear and placing them into the drawer. Afterwards, she pulled out a dress from her bag as well, it was a plain black dress, which would be her loungewear, since wearing the school uniform all the time felt stuffy.

 

“I’m going to change.”

 

Lumi took the doll as well as the dress with her off to the bathroom.

 

“??” Why did you need to take the doll with you? Fina who was sitting cross legged on the bed showed a look of confusion. 

4