Omake: Fractal Plane Refresher Course 2
82 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

New character voices include Kana Hanazawa for Miki, Kaori Ishihara for Akane, and Rie Takahashi for Yui        

Miki: Fractal Plane Refresher Course!

Akane: Episode 2. Maiden's Heart.

Miki: Hi. I'm Miki Amagi.

Akane: Akane Fujiwara here, and today, Senpai and I will be taking over recap duties for the previous volume. Okay! Let's do this, Senpai!

Miki: Um!

Akane: Maiden's Heart, the second volume of Fractal Plane, is my absolute favorite volume in the series! It centers around Senpai here, who finally comes through with her feelings! I just find it so touching and dramatic. You've really grown, Senpai!

Miki: Ehhhh... you skipped so much, Fujiwara. The volume's not entirely about me, you know? After all, it all started with the appearance of a shady man. He was every bit of creepy with the tentacle arms and the pale woman attached to his back. Fujiwara and I entered the strange world where Arata and Uehara were, and he had to show up to harass us.

Akane: I intentionally left that part out! I don't want to remember that!

Miki: It still gives me the shivers thinking about it. Apparently, he was after me after talking some nonsense about my potential.

Akane: It makes me happy that more people are recognizing you for the wonderful person that you are, but if it's in the way that the creepy man did, it just makes me shudder. I don't ever want to see him again!

Miki: I don't even see myself as anyone too special.

Akane: But, but, but, the amazing happened. Senpai, you were so brave and awesome when you summoned that weapon of yours for the first time, right? In order to protect Arata, you fought the creepy man with your magical bow. Now, if I can remember what the term for weapons like that is...

Miki: It's Armament. Moving on, we proceeded to the school trip. It was held far from the city, on the mountain range called Tenka Peak. A lot of things happened, including the mandatory hot springs scene. It cannot be a series like this without one of those. That's what the author note that I got before doing this segment says.

Akane: Woah, I remember how mad our student council upperclassman was at the hot springs. Lilya Bloomenfled is someone you would never want to mess with, and the boys sure learned that lesson the hard way, didn't they?

Miki: Ehehe, they sure did.

Akane: Don't forget the highlight of the entire volume, though. With my power combined with the pull of the two student council roommates of ours, we managed to set up the perfect place for you to make your long-awaited confession. So, how did it go?

Miki: It... went about as well as I expected, hehe. Lots of things happened, and let's just say that I won't lose to anyone next time.

Akane: So it did not work out...

Miki: Ehh, it's not all bad! Arata, Uehara, and I got to know each other more, and together, we managed to defeat that creepy tentacle man for good. Holding Arata's hand for that final shot from his incredible transforming shield was more than enough for me! An even more mysterious man with silver hair showed up to confront us afterwards, but in the end, the day was saved, and I got this cool gift from Arata. Ta-da!

Akane: Wooooow, that's amazing. That hairpin would look really nice on you. So, would you start wearing it this volume?

Miki: Of course! It's a remembrance of the adventure the group had at Tenka Peak.

Akane: And I know you won't lose to anyone next time, Senpai. You'll have Arata sooner than later. Speaking of, have you gotten news about the cover for this volume yet?

Miki: I don't have news, but I am sure that you should be due for a cover pretty soon.

Akane: Really?!

Miki: Yeah. I've heard that you're quite popular with the few readers of Fractal Plane. People loved your energy, and you're so cute, too. But if you get the cover, you will probably spend a lot of time in the volume with Arata, and... Umm...

Akane: Awww, thank you. Oh, you don't have to worry about anything. I only see Arata as one of the boys and a possible friend. Besides, I'm Team Amagi all the way, and I'll continue rooting for you!

Miki: Whew. That's a relief. I wonder who our cover girl is though...

Yui: Always smiling, always shining, your favorite idol, Yuki-tan is here! It's me, Yui Kimura, known more by my screen name        

Yui: Always smiling, always shining, your favorite idol, Yuki-tan is here! It's me, Yui Kimura, known more by my screen name. Yours truly will be gracing the cover for the third volume of Fractal Plane. In a completely different attire from the amazing techno getup I have right now, of course.

Miki and Akane: Woooow.

Akane: Talk about an awesome costume! You even have all those special effects all around you.

Yui: Hehehe. It's so cool, right? I swear that I will dazzle you even more in this third Fractal Plane volume. My first solo concert is less than a week away, and I promise to put on a show that everyone will remember!

Miki: I wish you good luck, then. I am sure that we will all have fun this time around.

Akane: You'll certainly rock the house on your concert. I've heard about it from Reijy, and he's really looking forward to your event being a smashing success.

Yui: You can count on me, girls. In fact, I should start practicing now. That way, I won't embarrass myself later. Actually, I should practice my dance moves now. Yah! How's this?

Akane: Oh, something fell off.

Yui: Kyaa!

Akane: Hmmm? Are these... pads?

Miki: Looks like it. Could it be?

Akane: Ahh! Yuki-tan has a complex about her flat chest!

Yui: Nooooo! Give those back!

Akane: Here you go. Cheer up and don't worry about it, Yuki-tan. Senpai might have us beat in that department, but we'll come up with our own trump cards!

Miki: E-e-ehhhh? You're embarrassing me again, Fujiwara. We should get back on topic.

Akane:  Sure thing!

Miki: If you're interested in knowing the whole story of our adventures at Tenka Peak, by all means, please check out Volume 2 of Fractal Plane, Maiden's Heart. Then, make sure to catch Yuki-tan's concert in Volume 3 of Fractal Plane! Have fun, guys!

Akane: Seeya!

Yui: *sniff* I messed up already...

 

Refresher Course is back to kick another volume off. Hope you guys enjoyed this omake as a way for me to ease you guys into the third volume of the story. The Glossary and this omake can help you catch up with things, but it's still very recommended that you guys read through the first two volumes. If you're interested in character voices so you can read the lines with anime voices, make sure to check the Glossaries of the Fractal Plane volumes. We have a chapter coming later.

3