Chapter 7 – Emilia
314 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boruto felt as the mana coursed through his body, separating from his chakra. Having 2 sets of life forces in his body.

Boruto felt as his body refreshed with the cool breeze fueling in his core. Boruto took a deep breath and exhale profoundly.

While this was happening Puck was looking at the silver-haired girl to see if she was ok. He had notice that they weren't any problems with her and looked back the blond boy.

The silver-haired girl did feel as a chunk of her mana depleted but she still was fine. The silver-haired girl then touch the pocket where she put her insignia and notice it was still there. She didn't want to lose it again.

After a couple seconds have gone by, Boruto looked at the silver-haired girl. Boruto could now sense her mana now and he had notice he took more than he said he was.

"Now answer my questions"The silver-haired girl said as she looks at Boruto. The silver-haired girl wasn't as mad as before but she still had a uncertain face.

"Why did you steal my insignia?" The silver-haired girl said as she crosses her arms. This time it was the blond-haired girl to react. She jumped and made a sorry face. Before Boruto could say anything the blond girl opened her mouth.

"I-I was the one who stole it" The blond girl said as she stutters. Truthfully it wasn't her fault entirely since she was paid to steal it. She had felt guilty that the person who had save both her and Rom is now getting blame for it.

The silver-haired girl looked at the blond girl and and noticed that she got the wrong person again. The silver-haired girl then looked at the blond boy in front of her and she lowered her head.

"I'm sorry, I had wronged you again. But why are you here? You said you didn't know anything about my insignia....was that a lie?" The silver-haired girl said as he looks into his eyes, technically one eye. The silver-haired girl then looked at the blond girl and had a caring face. "Why did you steal my insignia?" The silver-haired girl said with a gentle tone.

"I was paid to do it. 10 holy coins is a lot." The blond girl said. The silver-haired girl then looked at the girls clothes and she noticed that it looked like it wasn't worth much. The silver-haired girl had now saw that she was from the slums.

"I see. But stealing isn't something you should do. They are other things you can do." The silver-haired girl said as she speaks to the blond girl.

The blond girl hearing this wasn't sad but felt conflicted emotions. "People steal to eat, to survive in this world. There are people like you who have everything given to them. We don't have that privilege. That's why we resort to stealing to have things that you people have." The blond girl said with tears in her eyes.

The silver-haired girl then widen her eyes hearing what she said. She had notice that the people living here were poor and living on bad conditions but she hadn't known it was this bad.

The silver girl continue talking with the blond girl about who had paid her to do it but she had said she only knew her name.

Boruto was hearing all of this happened and had to agree what the blond girl said. Even in his world, many people lived in the slums and didn't have jobs to support their families or even themselves. Boruto then remember when the 5th shinobi started, millions of people died. Many homes were destroyed, families gone. The crime rate went up, stealing wasn't the only problem he face.

"And you! You still hadn't answer my question" The silver-haired girl said as she looks back at the blond boy.

Boruto was pulled out of his thoughts and now was looking at the girl who waited for his answer. Boruto let out a sigh and opened his mouth.

"I was looking for a place to stay, so I came to this part of the city. I had noticed that there were screams and came here. There was a woman who was about to kill this little girl and the old man over there" Boruto said as he points towards the old man. What Boruto had said wasn't a lie but also not the whole truth.

The silver-haired girl hearing this didn't know if he was lying but decided to believe him. The silver-haired girl then started to think why he wanted her mana, and why he wanted to trade for it.

"But why did you want my mana? Not only that you wanted to trade for something that was mine to begin with" The silver-haired girl said.

Boruto then quickly came up with an excuse. Boruto had figure that whoever this girl was, is someone important. From her manner of speech and power, he had guess that she wasn't a normal civilian.

"I had absorb your mana because it was a way for me to live, you see I need mana to survive." Boruto said coming up with a lie.

The silver-haired girl then looked at Boruto for a couple seconds to see if he was lying, but she saw that he wasn't. "I never heard of someone absorbing mana to live?" The silver-haired girl said.

"I think I have, but absorbing mana directly is something no ordinary person can do" Puck said.

"Anyways why do you need a place to stay? Don't you have a home? Or a family?" The silver-haired girl said.

'Home.....family. I have none of that' Boruto thought to himself. "I just got to this nation, and i didn't have a place to live. My family are back home..."Boruto said emotionlessly.

The silver-haired girl hadn't notice what he was feeling but she knew she couldn't let him live in the streets.

"How about you come with me back to my house, just until you find a place to stay. Ah right I haven't introduced myself, my name is Emilia and this is Puck. Whats your name?" The silver haired said.

Boruto hadn't guess she was going to let him stay at her house. Though it was true he didn't have place to stay right now, so he decided to take her offer.

"Boruto Uzumaki, that's my name" Boruto said.

"What about you, do you also need a place to stay?" Emilia said as she speaks to the blond girl.

"No I'll be fine." The blond girl said. The old man had just started waking up and the blond girl ran up to him.

"Well Boruto, let's get going, it's dark already so the meal should be ready." Emilia said as she walks towards the door and opens it. Boruto followed right after her.

5