Chapter 5: The First Dinner
221 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This time, Su Zheng was wearing slightly darker colored clothing, but they still looked messy on him. The only formal accessory that he was wearing were the black dress shoes that Zhou Ru forced him to wear. Meanwhile Zhou Ru changed out of her pantsuit for a more comfortable long black dress, but she still had very tall high heels on. Su Zhenya wore a similar black dress and shorter high heels.

Su Zheng was smiling and rubbing his hands together because he couldn't wait to eat food from the Abyss Restaurant again. Meanwhile Zhou Ru and Su Zhenya were looking around the restaurant. They felt very relaxed because the energy stone lighting fixtures had dimmed down to create a relaxing atmosphere.

"Here is your table."

"Thank you."

Su Zheng sat on one side of the table alone while Su Zhenya and Zhu Rou sat together on the other side. The masked waiter appeared.

"Hello esteemed guests, do you need any help ordering?"

Su Zheng was already experienced with ordering in this restaurant. So he politely refused and pressed the green button on the holographic device.

[Menu]

- Seafood Noodle Soup: (100 Credits)

- Spicy Beef Curry: (200 Credits)

'Oh? A new dish has been added.'

He put his hand up and the mask waiter walked over.

"Are you prepared to order sir?"

"May I get three of each dish please?"

"Right away venerated guests."

After several minutes, six large steaming bowls of food were placed on the table. The three guests were overwhelmed by the savory and spicy smells coming from the bowls. Not wanting to wait anymore, Su Zheng picked up a bowl of noodle soup and poured it down his throat. The two women frowned at his terrible manners and Su Zhenya's face showed disgust, but quickly reverted back to a frown that was similar to Zhou Ru's. Zhou Ru kicked Su Zheng's leg under the table. Su Zheng choked and placed the bowl down.

"Ah! Why did you do that for Ru'er?"

"You're eating like an uncivilized person. There's soup everywhere on your face."

"It's fine. I'll use a napkin later."

"No, clean yourself up now and use the chopsticks and spoon."

Su Zheng sighed and wiped his face. He sarcastically said.

"Fine, Mom."

His face froze.

Surprisingly, Zhou Ru looked away and her face turned a little bit red. Su Zheng had quickly focused on eating so he didn't notice. Meanwhile, Su Zhenya's whole body shook while she dug her fingernails into her palms. Everyone was too busy focused on other things with Su Zheng still slurping soup and Zhou Ru's mind was racing while thinking about Su Zheng so they didn't realize how strangely Su Zhenya was acting.

"Sniff"

The smell of food finally snapped Zhou Ru out of her daydream and Su Zhenya acted normally again. They picked up their chopsticks and picked up several thick noodles dripping with shining broth. As they bit into the noodles, their eyes widened.

The noodles had the right amount of chewiness and were satisfyingly bouncy. A rich shellfish flavor could be tasted from the noodles that had soaked in some of the flavorful broth. They wanted more of the broth so they started to sip soup from their spoons as they slurped up the noodles. Su Zhenya loved the flavor. The three guests felt very satisfied, but were also slightly sad because they had finished the delicious bowls of noodles until they realized that there were still bowls of spicy beef curry on the table.

With great anticipation, they dug into the thick curry that covered grains of fluffy white rice. They made sounds of satisfaction even though tears were leaking out of their eyes. Su Zheng started to feel nostalgic after tasting the dish."

'It tastes just like my mother's spicy beef curry.'

He continued to eat the curry spoonful after spoonful as actual tears started to fall down his face.

'Mom, why did you and dad have to leave that day?'

Su Zheng's parents were the previous owners of Mysticrystal Corporation. When he was twenty years old, his parents had gone on a sudden trip to a mining planet that their company owned. The planet had apparently been experiencing strange changes that warranted the owners of the company to inspect the planet with their own eyes. Unfortunately, as their ship entered the spatial gate formation, the spatial gate that was connected to the mining planet exploded for some reason causing the ship to disappear. Pieces of the spatial gate located near the mining planet crashed down onto the mining planet and killed numerous workers. The Mysticrystal Corporation had suffered enormous losses and was in a decline until Su Zheng dropped out of university to take over the company. Despite his terrible work ethic and inexperience, he managed to cause the company to grow by implementing practices that benefited the masses of the Azula Galactic Empire which increased their business and popularity.

The three guests finished their meal after having a second serving of each dish, except for Su Zhenya who didn't ask for another bowl of spicy beef curry. They all felt very satisfied. As they walked towards the entrance, Su Zhenya acted concerned about Su Zheng's current appearance.

"Brother, it appears that the spiciness affected you greatly."

Su Zheng looked downwards and quietly responded.

"No, it was just that the meal reminded me of mom and dad."

"Yeah, I miss them too."

Su Zhenya had tears streaming down her face. The atmosphere started to grow depressing and Zhou Ru was panicking because she didn't know how to comfort them. Just then, Fu Chen in his white uniform, the masked host, and masked waiter appeared.

"Thank you dear guests for dining at the Abyss Bar & Restaurant. We hope for your continued patronage."

They bowed, the three diners thanked them, and left. The opened doors revealed a long street that had energy crystal lamps lighting up the road. It was closing time for the restaurant, but many businesses were still open and bustling with people due to the specific services they provided. Fu Chen stared at a dark alleyway that was filled with metallic trash cans and recycle bins. Something moved within the darkness. A tiny figure covered in a dark cloak could barely be seen. After staring at the alleyway for a few more seconds, Fu Chen's facial muscles twisted into a horrific expression that didn't resemble a smile at all. Then, he turned around and headed back into his kitchen.

7