Ambush
828 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Marko looked back and saw the elf archer had already a new arrow on the string and was ready to fire.

'That elf is definitely a D class adventurer the same as me. His archery skills alone are impressive enough. If we take into consideration that he can do some magic, he is quite powerful.

He is worth working with.'

"Thanks for the assist, I appreciate it."

The elf didn't answer and just nodded his head, making Marko a little irritated, but he didn't say anything. That was the difference in power and the reason that the spearman was on the back row right now.

Marko removed his sword from the goblins chest with little difficulty and took a white cloth from inside his armor and cleaned the sword of goblin blood. He then spoke without turning back.

"Alright , this is good. The enemies are as we expected,so we'll continue with this formation. 

Let's move."

"Wait...

As they were about to move again an almost inaudible word came from Myaa. The word wouldn't have been heard if they were outside, but in the dungeon everything was amplified.

"What is it? Did you discover something?" Spoke Marko as he took a defensive stance as if something was coming at the front.

"No... yes. I don't really know....

I have a bad feeling that I can't shake off. "

Myaa's vertical pupils were more narrow than usual as she looked into the darkness that beeconed to her. Her ears twitched as well as her nose.

"It feels like we are walking into the jaws of a wild beast that is waiting to devour us whole. It's making me uncomfortable....

"Wha... what do you mean by that? Isn't this a level one dungeon that we came to destroy? Did you lie to me!?"

The spearman who was one the back finally broke. All the anger he had and the fear he was now experiencing was to much for him to handle

"Shut the fuck up rookie! If I hear even one more word from you, I'll fucking break your arm. Glam, what do you think?"

"I'm not sure, but I never doubted Myaa's senses. I can't count the number of times her senses have saved my life."

The words of the mage were like a stone on Markos stomach. He was beginning to regret taking this quest from the guild.

"Everyone gather closer. Rookie, if you hear or see anything coming from the back imediately kill it. 

Glam, cast a detection spell in front of us just to be sure . We can't take any chances with the wave as close as it is. "

"Yes..

"Got it."

The two of them complied as the spearman shut his mouth and the mage started to chant again. This time he took a whole four seconds to complete the spell. 

"Detect!"  The mage said as a pulse of mana spread like a wave with the mage as the center. The mana wave spread about 15 meters and it stopped, along with the mage's heartbeat for a second.

"This is not good."

"What is it?"

"There are two traps  before us. One is three meters away from you and the other is about ten meters away.This is different to what we expected."

Those words made everyone tense, but no one was more worried than Marko.

'Traps, and two of them so close to each other? How is this possible? Does that mean that this is not a level one dungeon?No, traps are sometimes found on level ones, but the amount of traps is never bigger than one, never. So how can this be...

"Hey Glam, you cleared this dungeon before right? "

"Yes, me and Myaa cleared it a couple of times, why are you asking?"

"Why, you know very well why I'm asking you that. It's impossible for a level one dungeon to have two traps, even less possible for two to be so close to each other. So can you tell me why is this happening?"

"I don't know...

"You... don't know? Or is it you lied to the guild ? "

"Hmph, Marko you better watch your mouth. You may be the leader of this party right now, but that doesn't mean that it gives you the right to accuse me of anything.

I did my job right and I'm sure that this was a level one dungeon dive days ago. "

"Then , what is this huh? Is this a bad dream, because I can't believe a word you're saying right now."

The situation because more tense and tense as Marko was beginning to loose his cool. 

' This fucker, is he doing this on purpose? If we go back now and don't complete the quest not only will I have to pay a huge fine for failing to destroy the core, but I'll also have my rank reduced to E. 

Fuck...'

"I say we head back right now."

As the tension was at it's peak the elf spoke for the first time. His preaty face also a little scrunched up.

"What did you say?" Marko didn't believe what he was hearing. The elf was also thinking of going back , so that ment that everyone had agreed except the spearman. 

'Fuck this. I can't go back without completing the quest.'

This situation made Marko grit his teeth. He had been backed into a corner and didn't have any choice. Retreating right now was not an option for him so he made an offer.

"I'll pay all of you 20 more copper. I'll even give you each 1/10 of the core remains.What do you say, it's a good deal right?"

Marko was expecting either a yes or a no, but what he got was something completely else.

"Kiaakkk....

"Keiko....

As Marko was trying to  convince them to stay a couple of screams were heard from the back. 

"Aaaa... slime...slime...

Right after they heard the screams two green slimes about 50 cm wide fell from above hitting the mage and the spearman. The spearman screamed in fear as the slime clung to him, but the mage was fine as the slime couldn't touch him. It was like a invisible film was protecting him.

"Enemy attack...

17