Dead Rising
688 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyle again moved his attention to the humans that were tied up on a corner, to the left of the big red tent. He counted them and he got 26 males and 30 females, 20 of them children no more than 10 years old.

'All those humans.... children....

 The elemental didn't have such ability to discern humans, but Kyle after a little search on his Shop had found a very useful items that allowed him to have a normal vision. It was cally Crystal Eye and only cost(30) CP. He had placed it on the elementals chest so he could get to most of it's effectiveness, but now he was regretting it a little.  Seeing that made Kyle's non-existent heart ache. Even if he was no longer human he still had retained some of his humanity . 

'Fuck, they are going to kill all those people. Going by the calculation, by killing a regular grown human you get 50 CP  so  if all these people are killed you would gain at least 2000 CP, which you could build a small army with. 

I need to kill these as soon as possible. I won't let them....is that Nissa!? '

Suddenly his eyes caught a familiar figure. It was the young girl he had saved not long ago from the hobgoblin . She was together with the other villagers surrounded by the undead. She had her eyes closed and was mumbling something to herself.

'Heh, that's a pretty good idea.'

 Seeing this made Kyle remember something important that maybe could be used later, but that was only if he could succeed. 

' I need to kill these undead bastards as soon as possible, but that tent is giving me a bad feeling.  I'm sure that there is a very powerful being inside there. It's clearly the place the leader of these monsters would be.

For now I'll just observe a little more.'

And so Kyle waited for more than 30 minutes, hidden from the undead. During this time he didn't idle, but closely observed the small army of undead that had occupied the village and came to the conclusion that even with the elemental he would have a hard time.There were 37 skeletons, mostly human which were equiped with swords and spears and some that had bows. Zombies were double that numbering at 68 zombies in total, but that was not what he was afraid of either. What he was really afraid of were two full armored, mounted monster that patrolled the edge of the village in a regular interval. 

Compared to the skeletons and zombies they weren't that scary looking, but the way he rode his pure black undead horse gave you a sick feeling. You just felt coldness run through your soul when you laid eyes on him.

'Those monsters definitely look strong, but how strong I don't know. Are they stronger than the elemental or am I just overestimating them? From what the mage said the Low Grade Earth Elemental is at the top of C class, just a little bit shy of entering B class. If I take that into account...

What...'

As he was lost on his thoughts the curtain door of the tent suddenly opened up by itself and then he saw it. At first it was only a white bone hand , not like that of the other skeletons as  that was evident on the first look.  The hand wore two different colored rings, one red and one black, but the most striking this was that the hand was holding another hand. It was not that it was holding the hand if another being, but it was holding a cane made of the hand bone of some creature.

' What the hell is this monster? Is he the leader of all these undead? 

He seems like bad news.'

The monster that came out of the tent was a skeleton wearing a loose red robe decorated with gold thread at the edges. He was one head taller than a normal skeleton , but it walked a little hunched over so it didn't look taller. He walked slowly with his bone cane towards the captured villagers and the zombies and skeletons made way for him.

' Shit, he is heading started for the villagers. Does this mean that the time has come?'

Kyle watched from his hiding spot as the skeleton finally reached the villagers who immediately went into an uproar. The tried to rush out , but the were beaten down by the nearby skeletons and zombies in an instant.

"You demon, you won't be forgiven for what you've done."

"Monsters, you monster!"

The skeleton didn't seem bothered by the shouts or he didn't care at all and just raised his bony hand. Immediately two of the skeletons took a man from villagers and brought him before the red robed skeleton.

"Please, please... don't kill me.  "

The man started to beg, but the red robed skeleton just placed his hand on his head and the man went silent. He was not begging anymore as a moment before and just stood up, but instead of heading to the other villagers he went to stand with the zombies. His eyes were dead and his chest didn't move anymore, he had become an undead.

'It seems there is no more time to waste. I have to finish this before it's not possible anymore.'

As a second villager was brought up the elemental begun to ascend higher and higher until the village was hard to spot and then it immediately plunged down at incredible speed.

17