Chapter 3
65 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Colt didn't know what to expect from the little monkey. Kong had climbed up onto his shoulder and was glaring out into the forest like he was daring anything to come out and challenge him. The boy reached up and scratched the monkey's chin, and continued trudging along through the underbrush. "It's okay, little buddy. We'll make it to the water source I've been following, and then we'll set up camp and we can try getting some more food. You're looking a little thin, so we need to get you fed," he chattered as he walked, eyes still looking around and taking in the beauty of nature. "After all, King Kong was jacked. We gotta get you plenty of protein if you want to bulk up."

  Kong hooted a couple times and puffed his chest out, looking down at the boy almost starry-eyed. He moved to Colt's other shoulder quickly before renewing his vigil, but obviously less stressed. Truly, his Master was powerful beyond measure or a holy man, to be so at ease in this forest of yaoguai and spirits. He would stay vigilant, but he held supreme confidence in his Master's words.

  Colt, on the other hand, hummed as he practically skipped through the forest, though growing up in the forest made him very aware of the need to watch your step. The underbrush was thick, and could hide any number of holes or obstacles. Encumbered as he was, a missed step could mean a sprained or broken ankle, and alone like this would be a death sentence. 

  He was glad that he had his little monkey buddy, but Colt was constantly feeling the emanations of the world around him. The sheer amount of energy around him was almost blinding. Simply gathering enough energy to have actualized his astral senses was the product of months of meditation, and the ambient energy of his immediate area alone shone more brightly than his own astral body. He could hear an ethereal song growing louder, a song of tranquility. Harmonious notes of the wind through trees, of the trickling of water, slowly reached the boy, and he trudged on with a purpose. 

  From his reckoning, there was maybe two hours of light left, enough to get a fire going and set up the basics of a Circle. All his tools and consecrated items were back home, so he would have to substitute some items, but performing magic is about belief and ones understanding of the universe, not reliance on tools. 

After about 5 minutes of increasingly thinning trees, the two broke into a clearing in the forest. Their eyes widened as they gazed at a beautiful meadow of flowers, surrounding a tranquil spring that bubbled out from the roots of a massive Willow tree, with a massive white lotus floating in the center. As soon as the two stepped out from the treeline, however, the presence became oppressive for them. The whole of the glade seemed to bear down on them for what must have only been a few seconds, but felt like an eternity. The fragile, glass like shell of Colt's astral body nearly buckled, before the pressure ceased, leaving Colt breathless and shaken, and Kong shivered in terror.

Then, from around the willow tree, came a woman, though the descriptor could not do her justice. Her skin was grey but supple and smooth, unblemished. Her hair was the color of ivy, and came to her thighs. Her eyes were the color of emeralds, and her lips seemed set in an alluring, perpetual pout. As she walked, she didn't disturb a single flower, and in her footsteps she left them filled with more vitality than before Colt's Astral Sight saw the flow of life energy enter through her feet, and passively she expelled enough energy into the atmosphere to dwarf anything he's ever seen.

Also, she was completely naked.

Colt's mouth went dry and he couldn't help but gaze, his mind racing. He'd looked at his older brother's dirty manga, but he'd never seen an actual naked woman before. He stammered as his mouth tried to catch up with his thoughts.

"Hail, uh, my Lady! I-I am the Great-!" He cut off, not by choice, but because he had attempted to bow. He often practiced his poses and bows in the mirror, but he forgot that his backpack was very heavy. As a result, he was interrupted with a squawk as gravity pulled him face down in the flowers and caused Kong to roll off his back. Tears nearly came to his eyes from how embarrassed he was, especially when the woman began to laugh.

A hot rush of shame left him red-faced, lips quivering as he held back from crying in front of another girl.

"Fufufu, a funny little mortal comes to my spring. This Liu welcomes you," She chuckled and with a wave of her hand, she brought Colt back to his feet without even touching him. She stepped forward and pulled him into her bosom with a coo. "Such a little boy, how can this Liu help you?"

Colt had had enough. He was so embarrassed already, but to call him a little boy? 

"I'm not a little boy! I'm almost thirteen!" He shouted as he tried to pull away from her, but it was like trying to move a tree. He didn't know what he was supposed to be feeling and tried his hardest to escape. Her scent was minty, and reminiscent of the trees and earth after a spring rain. He struggled even harder.

She sighed and pulled him from her chest and turned around, sashaying away. With a smirk she looked back and gestured for him to come with her towards the tree. Thankfully, Colt noted, her hair was really long and covered her rear. His body felt weird and he couldn't think straight. He hated it. He turned to look at his monkey buddy, but Kong held a death glare at the back of the retreating woman. 

Colt reluctantly followed her, mumbling to himself about the nerve of some people. 

2