CHAPTER 2: Black Space
4.1k 9 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I was sleeping something weird happen, I felt like I was floating for an extremely long time. There was nothing in my field of vision just blackness. I felt alone and scared in this place, like a void with no purpose. I was just there floating. Then suddenly I felt like I am being wrapped in something, whatever it was it gave me security, my fear went away as I was totally wrapped in it. Shortly afterward I went into a deep sleep, hoping that whatever it was wrapping me would continue to wrap me in my sleep.

After a while, I was woken up by what seems to be music….classical music in fact. I was shocked, I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't. I tried to move my body and the same thing was happening. I was in an unmovable state. I was confused but not scared, that thing that was wrapping me was still there. It continued to bring me a feeling of security.

I was trying to identify where the music was coming from. "Hey, anyone there….damn it, so my voice is also gone. Looks like all I can do is try to listen where this music is coming from" I thought. As I was listening carefully I was able to hear two faint voices, focusing on the two voices I learned that one was a man's voice and the other was a woman's voice.

(Outside the womb)

A man and a woman are seen sitting on a comfy couch which seems to be of high quality. The man had his head in the shoulders of the woman, he gently caresses the belly of the pregnant woman beside him. If one would look carefully you could see the man was under high stress. The man is of Caucasian descent, he was wearing an expensive suit. The woman is pregnant, she had olive skin. Both of them seem to be in the same age range.

The room was large, decorated with expensive furniture and beautifully drawn paintings, and up above you could see a beautiful glass chandelier. Throughout the room, one would be able to hear a slow melody of classical music playing.

"How's my baby doing today, I hope you're not giving your mother a hard time," the man said, as he continued to caress the belly of the woman.

"Jack, how long will you stay?" asked the woman with sadness in her eyes.

"Ely, I can only stay home for one night. I'll need to leave early tomorrow morning. Dad wants me to be in a meeting in Indiana, plus I have to do the things needed for the business expansion there. I'm really sorry dear", said the man with a guilty glint in his eyes.

She looked at his eyes and let out a sigh… "You have been very busy because of the business expansion lately. I barely see you now" she said with sadness in her tone. "You better promise me right now that you're going to be here in the last month…no… 2 weeks….at least the last 2 weeks of the pregnancy. I need you to be here... please", said the woman as she took the hand of the man, nearly begging.

Jack realizing the pleading of his wife, and with a determined voice, he said, "I will be here I promise. I don't care what my old man says, the company can go bankrupt for all I care. Besides if dad won't allow it I'll tell his wife that he's keeping a man from his pregnant spouse. Hehehehe, that will make him shut up" Jack said as both he and Eleanor had a good laugh with the joke breaking the sad vibe of the room.

"True, your dad may not have given up when he fought the Nazis but he'll raise the white flag when his opponent is your mother" Ely joke back. "Any name suggestion?" Jack asked. " hmmm…how about Ethan? It means solid, enduring, and firm, that's what Bern said" she said with an interested tone. "hmmm...Bernard said that?. It does sound nice, Ethan Carter. Hmmm….if you like it, then Ethan it is" he said smiling. They both rested in comfortable silence shortly afterward.

'Wait a minute...I…I'm a baby!!!!! In the womb!! Shit...what now?' Hunt thought as he tried to comprehend the impossibility of his situation. After a while of ranting any profanities he could remember in his mind, he gave up and accepted his situation.

'So the best thing to do now is…is…to do nothing….I guess…. This is so unreal' he thought.  "Maybe I should sleep? But how? Maybe I'll just get tired somehow?...." he thought with a hint of curiosity. After a few moments, he eventually found himself tired and dozed off.

In his sleep he was in a black space again, it reminded him of the darkness that he saw before he was "wrapped in the womb". He started being scared because he didn't want to be in this darkness again. But suddenly he saw something move, it was moving too fast for him to see what it was. Whatever it was it left behind a trail of white light. Then suddenly there were multiple trails of white light, some of the things causing the trail, were moving slow, average and some were moving too fast for him to see.

Each white trail was caused by different things. Some were animals, others were symbols he didn't recognize, some move by pairs, by threes, others moved alone. There were so many of these moving objects in the black space that it looks beautiful to watch. The black space acted as a canvas to the moving objects that glowed with white light.

One of these objects came rushing towards him, he was so scared because the white glow of the object coming towards him was a dragon.  The dragon had fearsome eyes, it was looking at him like it was going to devour him. To his surprise, the dragon just went pass through him like he wasn't even there. He turned around and he could see the dragon traveling further in the distance.

In watching this scene he saw 3 objects of white light forming, sort of a cluster between the three. As the 3 objects were moving closer to him he saw that the objects were animals. The animals were a slug, a toad, and a snake.

He could see the toad hitting the snake by continuously flicking its tongue in fast succession. The snake was piss at the toad judging by the look of its furious eyes and the hissing sound it produced. Finally, the snake had enough and was trying to bite the toad but the toad was too fast. It would jump immediately before it would be bitten. It obviously made the snake more furious.

The slug was minding its own business. It was staring at the toad and snake, like it was watching a good show.

As he was focusing his attention on the three small animals, the slug noticed him. The slug was looking at him curiously, like it was questioning his existence in the black space. The toad and snake then noticed the odd behavior of the slug. Then shortly afterward the toad and snake also notice him.

As the three animals were staring at him, the other moving white lights in the black space vanish. It was just him, and the 3 small animals in the black space remaining.

The slug was the first to move among the 3. It moved slowly towards him. Hunt felt no ill will coming from the slug, so he stretches out his arm towards it. The moment the slug touches the skin of his hand the slug vanished.

When the snake and toad saw this, they also began moving towards him. Instead of moving in slowly like what the slug did, the snake and toad went towards him with extreme speed. The same thing happened when the snake and frog touch his hand, they vanish.

Hunt was both shocked and curious why this happened. But before he could comprehend what the 3 animals did, he saw a silhouette of what seems to be 2 men and one woman. Then he lost consciosness.

 

86