CHAPTER 28: A CRAZED CONNER
2.4k 4 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ETHAN'S POV:

'Well, that escalated quickly' I thought. From my high vantage point, I can clearly see everyone. Li died on the feet of Conner, while the rest of the people were still in a state of shock.

I don't know if this event even happened one year after Kora's suicide or my existence caused this, another thing that I'm not sure about. If Conner completely loses his mind and decides to kill Jiaying and Gordon, I can't allow that. If I want to at least maintain the timeline to a degree to which I know some of the future events then the existence of Gordon and Jiaying is vital. I need to see if this get's any more out of hand, then I will intervene.

***************************************************************************************

INHUMANS POV:

"Yo..you actually killed Li", said a shock Gordon as he tries to compose himself to what he just witness.

"Everything I do for is for our kind….what utter bull crap…a hypocrite till the end..was Kora not part of our kind?", Conner said to the corpse of Li, showing no signs that he heard the remark of Gordon.

"What have you done?", said a shock Jiaying.

"I was never a fan of the guy. We are at an impasse,  I think you guys should leave this place now and never come back", Lucas said to Gordon and Jiaying.

"So much death…all because I couldn't help my daughter", Jiaying mutters to herself as she falls to her knees and begins to cry. The failure of her inability to help her own daughter leading to the death of Li weight greatly on her. She wasn't really fond of Li but she respected him. Together the two of them help maintain the secrecy of Afterlife. She blames herself for what happened to her daughter and now Li.

Gordon seeing the now indispose Jiaying realizes that he has to rely on himself to try to salvage this situation. Gordon was then surrounded by a blue sphere which teleported him behind Conner. Gordon's plan was to move as quickly as he can and teleport behind Conner. He wanted to then teleport Conner in an isolated room inside Afterlife to lock him up so that he could calm down. After that, he would return back to the warehouse and do the same with Lucas. Gordon believes that everything could still be fix, as long a people's emotions calm down.

As Gordon's hand was coming extremely close towards Conner's shoulder, Conner suddenly moves with such quick movement that it shock Gordon. Conner's hand grab the neck of Gordon first. Gordon seeing the hand of Conner in his neck was relieved. He wanted to have skin contact with Conner to teleport him in an isolated room back in Afterlife. Even if Conner is holding his neck, Gordon believes that he could still be able to escape Conner's hold once he is done with the teleportation.

A blue sphere can be seen surrounding Conner and Gordon, this was the sign of Gordon's teleportation powers. Before the blue sphere could completely engulf the two of them something happened.

"What did you do?", Gordon said to Conner. Conner releases his hold on Gordon and Gordon struggles to maintain his footing. He moves a few feet away from Conner, every step he took the more he struggles to maintain his balance until eventually, he fell flat in his ass.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME!!!" Gordon screamed at Conner.

"My gift was never fully understood in Afterlife. Only outside of Afterlife did I start to learn what I could do", Conner said to Gordon. Gordon could not reply, he slowly began to lay his body down on the hard concrete floor.

"My ability has something to do in the manipulation of the body's hormones, I can also strengthen drugs and increase the number of hormones the body can produce through them. Heroin and Cocaine are the basic examples of those drugs. Adding a small amount of my blood to the cooking process gives them an incredible boost. This is what makes vertigo, vertigo", he said to Gordon.

Conner then walks slowly towards Gordon. Conner stops when his feet are near Gordon's head and squatted down to continue talking to him.

"What I did to you is increase the neurotransmitters in your brain way more than what heroin or cocaine can do. Dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine are hormones that the body needs. One gives you the feeling of reward, once keeps you from being sad and the last help in sending signals to the brain into the muscles. Increase all those hormones, what do you get?" Conner said to Gordon.

"..."

"Oh, you can't reply. I'll tell you don't worry. First, you will feel an unbelievable rush of euphoria, basically your high. Afterward, you start shivering, heavy sweating, and headaches could occur. At this moment your body temperature could climb as high as 42 degrees Celsius (107.6 Fahrenheit) which then lead to seizures",

"….."

"Do you know what norepinephrine is?"

"….."

"Norepinephrine increases heart rate and blood pumping for the heart. It also increases blood pressure.  When your heart is beating too fast, it may not pump enough blood to the rest of your body. This can starve your organs and tissues of oxygen and can cause shortness of breath and lightheadedness. Too long of this can disrupt normal heart function and lead to serious complications, including heart failure and stroke"

"..."

"In conclusion, you will be high so much that it will lead to seizures, followed by either heart attack or stroke", Conner emphasizes to Gordon the situation he is in.

"….." Gordon couldn't give a reply to Conner. He was using every fiber of his being to maintain clear-headedness.

"Don't worry, when you die I believe you won't feel a thing. It may take some time though", Conner said as he stood up from his squatting position.

"Brother, I believe it's time to let them go", Lucas said to Conner. Lucas was never fond of Li, but he also didn't want to kill more people. For his brother leaving Afterlife was to escape the pain of the death of Kora, for him escaping Afterlife was to achieve something he always wanted, freedom.

"hmm…" was the only reply Lucas received from Conner who had a calm expression.

Conner then moves slowly towards Jiaying.

"Tell me one good reason why I should not kill you Jiaying", Conner said to a crying Jiaying. Jiaying didn't even look at Conner, she was still crying while staring at the concrete floor.

"Brother, have you gone mad!? Killing Li I could understand, but borderline torturing Gordon and threatening to kill Jiaying is way beyond reason," Lucas said to his now craze brother.

"She had a part of Kora's death, I have judged her, she is guilty", Conner said as he aims the gun in Jiaying head.

Before Conner could fire the gun something hit his arm, causing him to release the gun from his hold. Smoke suddenly surrounded the entire warehouse engulfing the remaining people.

64