CHAPTER 98: A GODDESS AND A TOAD!
1.5k 4 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Erik was busy watching the sunset in Wakanda, a blue portal inside the hangar of the Lighthouse suddenly opened, and out of it walks a woman wearing a sort of green-like-skin-tight suit.

The woman looks at her surroundings and she saw multiple spacecraft, people working; they were Chronicoms in disguise and an extremely large toad who was meditating in the hangar.

Seeing that no one was looking at her, she felt offended and said, "Bow down before the Goddess of Death".

The Chronicoms only glance at her for a while but immediately returned to their work while the large toad opened his eyes from his meditation and said, "Lady, do you mind, I'm meditating here. I need silence". After saying that, the toad once again close his eyes and continued meditating.

"Stupid creature", the woman said as she tried to conjure two necro-swords, one on each of her hands but she soon realized that she wasn't able to do it. She was barely able to conjure a single blade in her right hand. She was about to throw the sword at the toad when a voice came from the portal she just passed through.

"Come on, Hela. Not even 5 minutes after your release and you are already trying to fight someone"

"...I'm only doing this cause I need to know how weak I am", Hela said with annoyance in her voice.

"... I don't buy it, better excuses had been said than that...but...", Ethan said then he sighed and rub the bridge of his nose and said, "But if you wanna swing that sword at George then don't say I didn't warn you".

After a couple of days of talks, Hela finally agreed to be free from her prison... but she wanted something in return. She doesn't trust Ethan, so she gave an offer. She was willing to be released if only Ethan was willing to do something that would make her trust him.

Ethan thought of it and the answer came in the form of a seal. The seal would be written on the chest of both of them. But the said seal wasn't an ordinary seal. The seal was a killing seal. If one seal is activated then it will also automatically activate the other. This was a form of trust that Hela wanted, if Ethan betrays her then she would kill him but the only way Ethan agreed was if the punishment was mutual between both parties. Ethan explained that trust is a two-way street. Only by Hela trusting Ethan will Ethan trust Hela.

Hela took days to think about this but the chance to be free was just too tempting an offer for her to let go. She didn't know how long Odin would still live. For all she knows, that could be centuries in the future and the thought of being locked up for a few more centuries was incredibly painful. So, she agreed to leave behind a portion of her power and also having a seal placed on her. The chance to be free was just too enticing to let go.

Seeing Hela charging at George, Ethan immediately summoned the Tesseract in his hand and used it to teleport the 3 of them to the mirror dimension.

As Hela was about to swing her sword at George, the fairly large toad who is currently the size of an adult male opened his eyes and immediately dodge the blade.

"Lady, why you disturb this toad's meditation time? George did nothing to you?", George said to Hela.

"Damn it, I'm weaker than I thought I would be", Hela stated.

George looks at Ethan, and Ethan just nodded his head in response. This was a signal that he allowed him to fight the woman in front of him.

"Since my father allowed me to beat you and we are in the mirror dimension. Then George will step on you now", George said. The two people watch as George's body began to expand until he became 100 feet tall.

"You started this lady", George said as he opened his mouth and began firing huge air bullets at Hela.

"BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!"

Seeing multiple attacks coming her way, Hela began to run in random directions so that she won't get hit by such powerful attacks. In her peak form, she won't even care if those attacks manage to land at her but now that she is weaker, she knows that one clean hit could mean her defeat.

Suddenly while Hela and George were having their battle a portal opened near Ethan. Out of the portal came out the Ancient One, for a moment she looks at Hela and George's fight but she immediately directed her attention to Ethan.

"Why are you here Ancient One?", Ethan asked, still watching the ongoing fight in front of him.

Hela was able to get near George but before she could strike him with her necro-sword, George used his tongue and he was able to wrap it on Hela's ankle. With a quick motion of his tongue, George threw Hela on the corner of the room.

"BANG!"

"Whose your toad? I'M YOUR TOAD!", George stated on the battlefield.

"Why? Why did you free her?", The Ancient One asked.

"Every night, I was dreaming about her. I just wanted to know why"

"I'm not completely sure if that's your main reason"

Ethan then looks straight at The Ancient One and said, "What are you insinuating?".

"I have lived a long life, long enough to tell if someone is not being honest with themselves"

"... Your point?"

"You have freed Hela from her prison. A prison that she has been locked up in for centuries. You did everything you can think of and I'm sure you needed to do something to make her have some form of trust towards you"

"Tell me what is on your mind Ancient One, don't beat around the bush with me"

"You love her", The Ancient One said with a straight face.

"...HUH?...", Ethan could barely process what the Ancient One said.

The Ancient One then looks at the fight happening and said, "You thought of every possible way for her to gain her freedom. If that's not love, then what is?".

"NO! I didn't do it because of that! She...I wanted to know the reason why I was always dreaming about her. NOTHING MORE", Ethan defended himself.

The Ancient One then gave a teasing smile and said, "And you don't even know it". She then opened another portal beside her and before she could walk pass through it, she said, "Just make sure that she doesn't kill anybody while she's on earth or I'll have to be the one to imprison her next".

Ethan was then left alone, he stared at the ground beneath his feet and he began to analyze what the Ancient One said. Does he love her?... After the death of his first wife in his past life, he hasn't even considered the chance that he would fall for another girl.

Or so Ethan thought. Ethan didn't realize it, but he was always stopping himself from finding love. He didn't know it but he was doing this just by simply focusing all his attention on Thanos. He may say that he doesn't have feelings for Hela but sometimes what you say ain't always what you feel.

 

46