Chapter 119: CLEANING UP
1.3k 2 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

­­Fury immediately showed himself to the loyal S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and immediately took control of the agency. At first, they were shocked at this but soon became glad that their director was still alive and was helping S.H.I.E.L.D. in the shadows.

The moment the Helicarriers started destroying itself, it marks the defeat of HYDRA inside the Triskelion. But aside from a few individuals the rest of HYDRA fought to the last man. Each and every one of them muttering "Hail HYDRA" till their dying breath.

The hardest one to kill was the one supersoldier that was still inside the Triskelion. This required the help of Steve, Bucky, and Romanoff. It took them a while but they eventually trap the man in a corner. The supersoldier tried everything he got but he could not fight the combined might of three enhanced individuals. He soon met his end and just like a loyal HYDRA agent, he muttered their signature phrase in his dying breath.

Steve soon went to the destroyed command center of the Triskelion, where he saw Peggy Carter caressing the face of Sharon Carter, her grandniece. Peggy looks at her with so much love and sadness.

"She was my grandniece, the daughter of my brother. Even if my memory was fading, I could always remember her", Peggy stated.

Steve said nothing, he went near Peggy and gently rub her back as a show of support.

Fury then entered the room with multiple agents following his tail. He immediately saw what Peggy and Steve were doing. He orders the agents with him to fix the command center while he went to where Peggy and Steve were.

"Margaret, we need to clear the room", Fury said.

Peggy just nodded and allowed the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to take Sharon's body in storage.

"Just like everyone that died today, she will be represented with a star in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s memorial wall. Every single future S.H.I.E.L.D. agents will know the sacrifice that was done today. And they will live on in our memories", Fury said.

Peggy just nodded and she composed herself. Right now S.H.I.E.L.D. needed to be fixed and she is hell-bent to do just that. But before she could be seen in public she needed a disguise, but with the technology that is available to the current S.H.I.E.L.D. it wasn't much of a problem.

LATER THAT NIGHT IN THE LIGHTHOUSE:

Three men could be seen having a couple of beers as the cold breeze coming from the ocean hits their faces. They were on the beach and to keep the cold away they brought some wood and burned it on the sand.

"I think it's time for you to explain yourself", Ethan said to Ward as he drank his beer.

Nearly 24 hours after Fury's supposed death, Team Coulson was sent to the F.R.I.D.G.E. to guard it against Garrett's eventual attack.

They arrived one hour before Garrett showed himself near the F.R.I.D.G.E. And with him were a large number of HYDRA agents and a couple of supersoldiers.

They soon found themselves being sieged and outnumbered. When Garrett eventually entered the building, one of my clones decided to use one of the Phantoms due to the situation being too dire. But this was the moment Ward made his move. He showed everyone in the F.R.I.D.G.E. his real skill and killed every single intruder. To say Phil Coulson was shocked is an understatement.

After Ward killed every single enemy of S.H.I.E.L.D, Phil pointed his gun at him and ordered him to be detained. He then willingly allowed himself to be placed inside a cell.

It took an hour or two before anyone would enter and break his solitude. The person who interrogated him was none other than Phil Coulson himself.

FLASHBACK:

For the past 10 minutes since Coulson entered the cell, it has been silent. Ward just looks straight at Coulson, and Coulson did the same. It was a tactic use to pressure someone to begin talking just to break the tension in the room but this tactic was something that won't be effective against Ward and it seems that Coulson realized this.

"Tell me, Ward. What are you?"

"I'm human just like you. Be it with more gifts", Ward said with a smile on his face.

Ward's statement could mean that he was enhanced and Coulson immediately labeled him as such.

"Why wasn't it on your file?"

"It was meant to be a secret but I decided that it was time to let the secret into the light"

"What do you mean by that?", Phil said with interest in his voice.

"Well there is no turning back now", Ward said to himself.

"I'm from SHADOW and I was assigned to infiltrate S.H.I.E.L.D. to gather information about HYDRA and since that part is over, I decided to show you guys what I can do".

"You are a spy? SHADOW?"

"SHADOW is the organization that is lead by Zero. You know that guy that helped the people of New York. In fact, I was there as well. I wore a mask that is the reason why you couldn't see my face", Ward said with amusement in his voice.

"But you could have remained hidden inside of S.H.I.E.L.D. Why reveal yourself so abruptly?"

"Cause S.H.I.E.L.D.'s importance to SHADOW  is over. Don't get me wrong, the existence of S.H.I.E.L.D. is needed so that it could handle the mess of enhanced individuals suddenly popping up here and there. But to SHADOW that is not important enough, we have a far bigger fish on our plate. S.H.I.E.L.D. is needed to handle our rear while SHADOW fights the more dangerous opponents in space"

Coulson just sighed and said, "Look Ward, I honestly don't know what to do with you. I'm pretty sure that you can escape here. So, let's get to the point, what's your end goal?".

"I wish to offer my services to S.H.I.E.L.D.", Ward said with a smile on his face. Suddenly Ward disappeared in a puff of smoke. This caused Coulson to be shocked. He stood up and made some distance between him and the smoke but the smoke soon vanished and with it Ward. He then noticed a note where Ward was seating previously. He took it and he realized that it contains a contact number and message;

"Contact the number in this note if  Fury agrees to my proposal. And by the way, I really enjoyed working with you guys. In the meantime, take care!"

"Fury? Isn't he dead?", Coulson muttered under his breath.

BACK TO THE PRESENT:

"Look, I know that what I did could be labeled as impulsive--",

Ward's speech was cut off when Erik interjected, "Could be labeled as impulsive? Man, what you did is certified impulsive. No questions asked".

Ethan just smiled and said, "I agree that you should have contacted me first in regard to that decision but I don't mind you working for S.H.I.E.L.D., as long as you keep somethings secret then that's okay".

"Hah!, there has to be a reason why you want to work for S.H.I.E.L.D. I look up your teammates and I know you have some beautiful members. Tell me Ward, do you got your eye on one of them", Erik teased.

Ward said nothing and just drank his beer.

"Enough about Ward, tell me in detail what happened in Sokovia", Ethan said with seriousness in his voice. This got Ward's attention as well. All of them knew the importance of the mind stone and it being gone was something that was not part of the plan.

Erik sighed and said, "The moment I was in the outskirts of Wolfgang Von Strucker's base, I immediately thought something was weird. I saw no sentries. I cautiously entered the base and it was the same as the outside. No one was there. I even saw a hot cup of coffee, meaning what happened in there happened recently. I immediately tried finding Loki's scepter but it wasn't there. Trust me, I check the entire place 3 times", Erik said to both Ward and Ethan.

"That might be a problem", Ethan stated.

Ethan looks at the night sky and he knew that this is a butterfly effect happening. It would seem that all his actions in changing the timeline are finally catching up to him. He could only hope that it wasn't too much of a curveball to handle.

40