Chapter 1
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I shared my apartment with my middle aged landlord Mrs. Booker. It was a tiny two storey building with the ground floor belonging to her and the top floor with one room, bathroom and a kitchen for me.

I had procured a VR helmet with the last of my money. So I would depend on Mrs. Booker for food as usual. Well that depends on if I could stay in this apartment after this month.

Thankfully the rent of this month was already paid so for the time being I could depend on the game to earn me some money. Hopefully.

I locked the doors, windows, got comfortable then put on the helmet.

"Connecting to user's ID bracelet..."

The ID bracelet was equivalent to every single document in the world condensed in a thin strap of metal strapped on your wrist.

Mine was the government issue lowest grade but it worked.

And that was how I could play the game too so it was convenient.

"Connected. Please confirm your user information."

Name : Noah Volkens

Age : 26

Sex : Male

Account number : XXX-XXX-XXX

Residence : Outer Walled City A67

"Confirm"

"Confirmed. Connecting to Last Hope server"

"The game will release tomorrow at 8:00am GMT. In the meantime the user can choose to make his character."

"Proceed"

"Connecting to Character Interface..."

"Facial and body features cannot be changed"

"Please input your character name. It must be between 5 to 18 characters. Please don't input insulting or profane names."

"God of Losers"

"Confirmed. Would you like to proceed with the user name "God Of Losers" ?"

"Yes"

"User name confirmed. It cannot be changed unless the user wishes to delete his account and start over again. In case the user wants to delete his account he must wait a month before being able to play again"

"Proceed"

"The user can choose to distribute his stat points now or after the release of the game. Would the user like to distribute his stat points now?"

"Yes"

"Opening User Character Interface.."

"Please distribute your stat points"

Status

Name : God of Losers

Attributes :

Strength : 5

Agility : 10

Vitality : 5

Fixed Attributes :

Luck : 2

Charm : 5

Available stat points : 15

The attributes actually take the users' real life capabilities in it so I guess that's why my strength and vitality is so low and agility is average.

Anyhow, Strength in layman's terms are how hard one can hit. It also affects what weapons and armour one can wield or wear and how much items can one carry in their backpacks.

Agility includes movement speed, attack speed and also accuracy, focus and dexterity.

Vitality refers to constitution, how hard one's defense is, also stamina and endurance are also affected by it.

Luck and charm are fixed stats. So I can't add attributes points in those.

Aside from these stats, hidden stats like stamina, endurance, dexterity, balance also exist but they also somewhat increase with the increase in the main stats.

So I distributed my stay points equally among the three.

Name : God of Losers

Attributes :

Strength : 10

Agility : 15

Vitality : 10

Fixed Attributes :

Luck : 2

Charm : 5

Available stat points : 0

"Confirm"

"User Stats confirmed. Please login tomorrow to play the game."

"Exit"

I took of the virtual helmet and just lay down on the old bed. Waiting for tomorrow.

A new beginning.

0