Chapter 6 – Second Rule
74 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*

“Don't you dare touch these while I'm gone.” Yeung stressed, leaving behind the noisy alcohol bottles at Dokk's house.

He had no plans on dragging Dokk out with him into danger due to his selfish whim.

...Well, he only planned to take a quick look and come back as soon as he'd seen the state of things.

“Wahh—Looks like Dokk wasn't kidding about it being dangerous.”

From a distance, he could see a number of black streaks rising up into the air in the direction he was heading.

“It'll probably be alright. I already did my swinging practices this morning. Huhuh.”

Dealing with the goblins at the bridge gave him confidence.

“I even got a sword, another Goblin champion won't be a problem.”

Yeung placed his hand on his blade's handle and unsheathed it.

Swinging it a few times, he smiled, “I never imagined it being this light though.”

It was a two-handed sword, a claymore. It should be handled with both hands but Yeung was waving it around with a single arm.

“...Anyways, my house isn't all that far from here.”

It was a residential area. There was a school and a small clinic nearby, but other than those and the newly erected goblin shacks, there was not much else... or so he thought.

“Is this the school!?”

It appeared to be going under renovation, with a few issues that Yeung would've brought up had he met with the person in charge of the project.

“This is going to be troublesome...”

The school was the first one that had been built in his town and was also the largest. Enacting poor urban planning, along with the uneven terrain— the road had to have been paved across the school campus, right along the middle of the courtyard.

The problem Yeung was faced with right now was that the renovations the school building was undergoing wasn't headed for an enhanced educational experience, rather, it had become a primitive military outpost.

“A goblin fortress... I have to pass through here if I want to go home.”

Should he storm right through? Hell no. Even if Yeung was strong, he wasn't confident enough to fight goblins on their own territory.

First rule. Fighting against a larger number of enemies, control the terrain.

“Maybe I should have taken a few grenades after all?” Yeung had a second of regret, but shook his head and began thinking of another solution.

“Ah!” He hit his palm with his fist as an idea popped in his head.

Along the campus walls, there used to be an infamous hole that the students would take advantage of to run out for lunch or sneak in whenever they were late. Yeung wondered if it still existed.

“Should be around... here! Huhuhu.”

Knocking a makeshift cover on the wall, he crawled through the hole and made it into the school.

“Though it seems a lot smaller than I remember when I first made it...”

The hole in the wall was covered conveniently by a large tree, hiding it from the eyes of the school authorities— in this case, it was also perfectly hidden from the goblins.

Yeung took a careful peek from the tree while planning his route.

“Shacks on the courtyard, green-skin patrols outside... Looks like the only way to the other side is through the building...”

He scanned the school building for an opening and he saw on the second floor one window that was opened.

Quietly making his way, Yeung made sure there were no goblins before he scaled the wall and hopped inside— doing it all as if second nature.

“Man, talk about Deja vu... I used to always miss the flag ceremony and sneak in like this back in the day.” He spoke to himself.

“Heurk!?”

“Hmmm?” Yeung heard a groan from a door to his right.

The room he had sneaked into was the boy's restroom. It made sense that the window was open to air out the smell of man.

“Wahh—Can't be... Does a goblin know how to take a dump in a toilet?”

He slowly unsheathed his sword and reached for the bathroom stall handle.

“Huuuuu...”

However, what welcomed him wasn't the surprised look of a green-skin defecating on a toilet.

“Ah? Hey, kid, you okay?

“Sister... where are you sister... sniff...”

There was a child cowering on the top of the toilet seat— his clothing, a school uniform covered in blood not appearing to be his as there were no tears in his clothing to indicate injury.

Yeung grit his teeth.

Two days, that was when phone lines died and the internet went down according to his friend Dokk. Was this child holed up in here for two days?

“Kid, drink this.”

Thankfully, Yeung didn't leave everything with Dokk and took with him a couple of supplies.

He held a bottle of water to the child's face, but the child flinched and cowered tighter into a ball.

“Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you. Look— brown skin. Now drink some water, you must be thirsty.”

Seeing the child release his apprehension, Yeung slowly fed him the water and waited for the child to relax before asking him question.

“Hey, kid, what's your name?”

“C-Christopher...”

“Hmm?” The child had light brown hair, maybe he was mixed? ” Alright, can I call you Chris? Chris are you alone?”

The child shook his head.

“Was there anyone else with you that was hiding?”
“M-my sister...”

“Where is your sister?”

“She just left to get food...”
Yeung sighed, food? The cafeteria was at another building beside the courtyard. With what he'd seen earlier, it was likely that this kid's sister was gone.

“Kid... Chris, let's get you out of here.”

“But my sister...”
“Chris, I don't think—“
“YAAAAAAAA!!!”

A scream of horror coming from an adjacent building resounded through the walls. It was a female's voice.

“—Sister!!!”

The child got up weakly and tried to run off to the door, but Yeung held him down.

Looks like she was still alive.

“...With great power comes great— I mean, second rule, don't ignore the plight of those in need. Especially those of children.”

Yeung planned to pass through the school quietly but it looked like he had no choice.

“Chris, stay put, alright? I'll go get your sister.”

6