Chapter 28: Bloodlust
286 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I read my gun’s description and effect, I was silent and stuck as a statue, but it only lasted for a few minutes, whilst I laid myself against the wall I still heard the almost muted screams of the monstrosity I faced, it laid on the ground, paralyzed and shaking, unable to do anything but scream in pain ang agony.

Is this what he meant by ‘Entertain’…

I thought, though if we deduct the effects of the revolver it has the same firepower that of a normal revolver, but in this instance, the effect that is only made to prolong life just to make the target suffer endlessly, the description didn’t say how long he will live like this but still for such a weapon to be made.

I stood up and walked towards the screaming monster as I got right in front of his paralyzed body, I saw the purple veins expand further to his body and to his neck, his entire body trembled with the pain and agony he was feeling.

But what was different was,

“He can’t die.”

This gun was made by the God of Death but it wasn’t built to kill but was built to torture and torment its targets, as I was about to think what I was going to do to it, our gazed met and immediately I heard a voice.

[Human, your target wishes to die… the choice is yours…]

I head a vague voice coming from my left ear, it was a windy type of voice but it resembled my familiar’s grim and ominous voice, he wanted me to choose on what I needed to do.

Is this what the reapers do? I thought I only needed to kill and take their souls.

I thought, before hearing a response from the vague voice.

[There two types of entities, the one that accepts their fate, and the one that doesn’t, the monster you are currently seeing now accepts its fate, either way, you must do what you must do, Kill and acquire their souls, this is a form of mercy and agreement by both the entity and the Reapers that sows life]

“…But how? This gun can’t kill.”

[Reap his soul, that is the most basic thing that every single Reaper must know]

He said, at first, I was dumbfounded before remembering one of my skills, [Soul Devour] a skill that was made to consume and devour the souls of my enemies and assimilate their abilities into mine, it was technically a form of 'taking ones soul'.

“[Soul Devour]!”

I said aloud in front of the suffering monster, then from the ground, dark particles or essence appeared and enveloped the monster’s deformed body, as it enveloped the body and gradually expand on the body, a light blue ball appeared at the very center of the expanding dark particles.

Then as I picked it up, a powerful spike of memories and emotions entered my mind, it forcefully entered making me numb and stand like a stone statue for a few seconds.

***

There I was suddenly on the eyes of a different person, from the perspective I received, the surroundings I was currently walking in was pitch black and I couldn’t see anything, but in the midst of the pitch-black surroundings I heard loud clanks of armor echoing through the halls.

Soon, I noticed that I was in the eyes of a young knight or so, I held a spear that had blood on the tip and was close to breaking, I felt faltering breaths and a weakening body yet I wasn’t like that, I was conscious and wasn’t weak, yet I sensed that my body was weak, my body was both Stable and very fatigued, I couldn’t explain what I felt.

I continued to walk down the pitch-black halls and soon my view changed, the halls lit up in a bright red-like color lighting the entire hallway of what I was currently walking inside in, then I heard a loud clank from the ground, I released my spear on the ground whilst what I was seeing was bright red, blinding my eyes.

But as my eyes blinded, I noticed my hands that I tried placing on my face became larger and had elongated nails.

“AHHHH!”

I let out a scream but it wasn’t my voice, it was a far different voice from mine.

***

[You have seen the memories of your target… do you wish to proceed in devouring his soul? Y/N]

I was then suddenly back at my own eyes as I heard my familiar’s voice or something near his, so, it was the memories of the enemy I killed, it made sensed, but why was he a knight? Still, it seemed that he was strong before I shot him, I was only lucky because of my revolver.

“Yes, Devour the soul”

I made a quick resolved and replied immediately.

[Please prepare yourself Hero of Death…]

The Bright blue ball lit up as it floated on my hand, then suddenly from my palm, four purple tentacle like arms appeared and kept growing as it grew taller, it reached the bright blue ball that slowly changed its colors, from the bright blue color like the ocean, it slowly transformed to a light purple glowing ball then at the middle of it I saw a ghost like face that seemed to be screaming as it soon dissolved slowly, becoming one with the purple glowing ball.

As it dissolved, my eyes widened and my arms trembled violently, because of how I trembled I accidentally pressed the trigger releasing a bullet that hit the ground accompanied by gunfire, leaving a crater on the ground.

[Attention: Hero is too low-level to control Assimilated ability [Bloodlust]!]

As my body trembled an emergency interface appeared in front of me warning me of something of a bloodlust, but just like the memories that pierced my mind earlier, my eyesight became bright red and everything lit up.

Then, little did I know, I’ve lost control over myself.

[[Bloodlust X] Activated due to low-level, this will continue until user reached the desired level.]

***

Unidentified amount of time later…

[Level Up+]

[Level Up+]

[Level Up+]

[Level Up+]

[Level Up+]

[Hero has reached desired level needed, regaining user’s mind]

“Haah… Haah… ha… hahaha… HAAHAHAH!”

I released a mental laugh as I was prostrated down on the ground, I was on all fours, my gun was at my right arm and unlike before it was covered in green, red, violet, and other types of blood, those different colored blood was also present on my ragged clothing, my once white ragged-clothing was nothing more than a blood-stained rag.

Regaining my senses, I saw the floor underneath me wasn’t stone but was a certain liquid, just like my clothing and weapon it was drenched and mixed with different types of blood, like a river.

I rotated my head and saw something straight from a nightmare, before, I was in a quite tight hallway but now I was at a very large type of hallway, it was as tall like a canyon and was as spacious as the great plains of the surface, it was like I wasn’t inside a cave… but.

What I saw near my body was the nightmare, monsters, demons, frightening creatures, all different from each other and each occupied different spheres of influence inside the dungeon, they had their own territory yet they were all near my body, all dead.

But what was more unpleasant was all of their chests were open wide, they hearts weren’t at the right place and their blood gushed all over the place making an ocean of different colored blood.

“W,what happened…”

I said whilst my eyes were widened and my body weakened.

[Human, it would seemed that you have indeed entertained me.]

My familiar praised me for the massacred I made, bodies of the monsters laid atop each other, still pouring out an seemingly endless stream of blood in their bodies.

“What the hell was that!”

I yelled as I tried catching my breath, before he replied with.

[I forgot to remind you human, your emotions and reasoning gets altered depending on the soul you devour, if you consume a murderous soul then your emotions and reactions will be influenced or affected by the soul you devoured.]

He reminded me before adding.

[In your current circumstances, you ate the soul of a high-leveled Bloodseeker, they are mostly very high-leveled and feast on blood and organs.]

He said to me before I retaliated.

“You said the level gap is a Difference! His level is higher than mine! how did I assimilate everything from him, from his skill and emotions!”

[In war, either you surrender or fight to the end, the Bloodseeker’s soul you ate had fought you but seeing your power and your Aura, fear enveloped it, either he would fight and face something far more deadly and powerful or accept and surrender everything to the man more powerful than him]

He informed me before I asked something that seemed to be a loophole.

“How? I was far more weaker than him…”

As I said that, it came to me, the revolver, the revolver that gave such terrifying effects to its targets, did that Bloodseeker fear me because of my weapon, he thought that was my true powers.

[I’m sure you’ve finally answered your reply]

He said to me.

“Yes, weapons do really change the battlefield and shows results, even unwanted ones.”

I replied, before inspecting my interface again before going deeper down the dungeon.

[Hero of Death] [Level: 47]

[Title: Grim Reaper]

To think my levels actually doubled when I was engulfed by the bloodlust, but it seemed my expressions changed, it gave me an eerie sense of pleasure.

Immediately forgetting the monsters that I massacred near me and instead acted like it was a normal day for me, not like it was a lie, it looked like an aftermath of one of my encirclement operations back when I was a military Officer.

I see, then… the souls that I devour will influence my mind and emotions, before I almost acted like an emotionless but serious doll, but now after eating that Bloodseeker it seemed I changed.

I thought, before finally making a decision, when it meant ‘Demon’, It meant that I would become a demon because of my enemy’s soul, the more I ate the souls of my enemy’s, the more murderous and demonic they were, the more I got closer to becoming an actually demon.

Because of that thought, I made an irrational decision, like it wasn't me.

“Why don’t we go deeper?”

12