Chapter 29: A new type of floor
274 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unidentified amount of time…

The Deeper I went, the greater I changed, from a rational and logical human military officer reduced to nothing more than a blood hungry monsters lurking behind the shadows, taking the life of others with definite ease.

[Hero of Death] [Level 50]

[Title: Grim Reaper]

I had leveled up quite significantly, right now I don’t even know where I am, I just kept going deeper and deeper through the dungeon hoping to fight the one that owns this dungeon, Demon King Axparixkus.

[A lot has happened don’t you think? Human?]

My Familiar still didn’t see me as a worthy master, of course I understood what kind of master he wanted, I still am a long way from what it wants.

“Yeah, so what?”

I said replying to him with a disrespectful tone just like how he replied to me.

[It would seem the souls you mostly devour are those of the murderous and deadly types, why is that?]

He asked me like he actually didn’t know the answer.

“What else? I’m the Grim Reaper aren’t I, my job is to kill and take the souls of my victims isn’t that what my job is?”

[You are indeed correct, Human, you’re learning more quicker that what I had anticipated]

“Oh, to think you’re watching me 24/7”

[Indeed, but I must say, you have done well not relying on your powerful familiar to fight for you]

“Why would I rely on you? If I keep going with my current pace, I might even catch up to you.”

I said to him, which made him pause for a second before replying.

[… you’ve led up to my expectation’s human, but even if you’ve reached my expectations, I still won’t recognize you as my master]

Tsundere?

By how he was acting he was like those stubborn animated girls my subordinates watched in their free time, but instead of a girl, I got a powerful entity with a grim and ominous voice instead of those high-pitch girls.

“And why is that?”

[You’ve only reached my expectations, you’ve yet to pass them, if you’re able to do so, I might acknowledge you as my master, but the time is too early]

“I understand, then I must surprise you.”

I am surprisingly tolerant on how he acted, I had no more sense of time and didn’t know how long I was inside the dungeon, my only companion that I can talk with was a reaper that was supposed to be my familiar but disrespects me like hell.

But if I do something that is unexpected even to the reaper’s, then I might have a chance to finally seal our contract, our magical and summoning Capabilities are different, both my manpower and firepower will greatly increase if I finally seal our contract.

What I was doing now was basically cleanup operations or extermination of pests, my mind was slowly drifting away and was becoming that of a monster though I still kept my rational and logical thinking, as I ate more souls, I got used into controlling up to what of extent the souls I ate reached.

I mostly ate the souls of the higher leveled ones for more results, but its taking a toll at my body, there was this type of monster that needed to eat flesh, it caught my eye since it was exceptionally powerful, once I ate its soul I suddenly got an urged to eat the flesh and organs of those that I killed, basically the monsters here.

It was bloody and gross as I ate them raw, bloody fucking raw, I was poisoned under an unknown length of time before my body creating a antibody to fight it, come to think of it, the monster I faced where more powerful than the first.

Which made me wary, deeper down there are stronger monsters, just recently there was this 14-legged black spider as tall as a two-story building, it secreted live babies and ordered them to fight me, that shit was straight up a horror movie.

I didn’t eat it soul, though it gave me a considerable amount of Exp when I killed it so it was a good hunt more or less, but what made me more cautious was that I was slowly regaining emotions though it was being suppressed it still appeared from time to time, the more I ate Souls the more emotions I regain, though I mostly regain the emotions of a murderous one, basically to put it up, I am slowly turning into a sadist or something like a man that loves to kill.

And that is the part I didn’t want to continue with, my Revolver has a powerful effect that is driven by emotions and reactions I have been using it for quite some time and I got used to it, but the problem was my indeterminable emotions, first I was emotionless then suddenly I showed fear and anxiety along with anger and satisfaction.

Though it was both a complicated problem and effective solution, I decided to only use the revolver when my enemy is more powerful than me tenfold or when I need to torture them, if my theory is right, if my emotions and mental state change in the middle of a battle then there is a chance that the percentage of the [Vein of Eternal Suffering] will change also, a perfect torture tool.

Now then, back to the main agenda, deeper down the rabbit hole I go!

I thought in my mind before finally standing up from a dead lizard-like monster and continuing my extermination.

Currently the monster I have faced have become more and more wary of me and some even united, they may be dumb but when the time comes their all just part of the demon or monster race so of course a temporary truce and coalition might be plausible for them to continue living.

I travelled deeper and deeper fighting off ghoul-like monsters, Humanoid-type of monsters, four-legged monster, they were diverse with each having their own territory and exceptional abilities.

I soon entered a different floor, a far more different floor than what was on the upper levels, it was quiet and there was a small ecosystem present, there were no signs of living entities nor undead, there was no trace of magic nor miasma, a small ecosystem filled with trees, grass, and moss must have at least an inhabitant or two, but this one didn’t.

It was suspicious, too suspicious, again my senses are saying this is suspicious, unlike the other places I entered here in this dungeon, this was something I couldn’t take my mind of, sure it was an ecosystem complete with grass, some trees, flowers, even a pond filled with crystal clear water, but no organisms.

I looked with my narrowed eyes at both of my sides both admiring and surveying what kind of place I entered, this was obviously a floor, though the ecosystem covered half of the floor the other half was nothing more than cold hard rock, the kind of surrounding I was familiar with.

I walked near a tree and gently caressed it, as I moved my hand both up and down multiple times, I felt its texture, it was sure enough a tree but there was something wrong, its texture was the same of that as a tree but my instinct tell me not.

This may be a different world so our type of trees, flowers and grass may be different but they are still trees, nothing changes except for their names and appearance, I caressed it for a few more seconds before moving on.

I then moved on a different part of the small ecosystem, the grass, there were different types of grass, I knew that even though I wasn’t a gardener or something near, though in earth it was mostly for ornamental purposes, here there a different type of one, when I say different, they are different, there are grasses for poison, medicine, food, etc.

As I got closer and looked at the grass near the crystal-clear pond closely and vigilantly, I saw some light blue dots at its very thin body, I didn’t know it was just the pond’s light or whatever but those spots were indeed like the color of the ocean.

I gently looked down on it for a better view then suddenly my nose was captivated by a strange scent, the scent was relaxing, the bloodlust from before seemed to disappear into thin air and my mind was as clear as day now, such a scent had captivated me.

Is it a certain flower?

I thought, though it didn’t seem harmful or lethal it was good enough as a perfume or those scented candles that used to sell at markets, either way it was very relaxing, but the more I inhaled it the more my body relaxed, as if I wasn’t able to control my own breathing, it was like… I was addicted to it.

Immediately regaining my sense, I immediately stood up and backed off from the grass and far away back to where the scent was unable to reach me, but nonetheless it felt like it was following me.

The scent was relaxing and made me want to doze off, but it wasn’t able to work, I have seen the battlefield and encountered numerous smells and gases, perfumes such as this won’t work on me, hypnotizing me was impossible.

-Kekekeke

I heard a faint laugh coming from the ecosystem as the gases from the ground slowly started merging with each other, I didn’t know where the gas came from but it was from the ground, this was an ecosystem there are multiple sources, but I didn’t know which one.

If only that Hero of Fields and Nature gave me a book, she had an outstanding memory for flowers and trees, especially in this world where there are ‘faries’. Yes, the ‘Fairies’ that we used to listen and watch when we were kids.

They primary lived off Nature as long as Nature is present there is bound to be a ‘Fairy’ lurking, most Fairies primarily look like females, they have long hair, sometimes long ears, fair skin, colorful and bright eyes, and transparent wings and an appearance that may depend on the size of the territory they controlled, if their territory is big, they are big, if small, then expect me to be arrested for obstructing the laws of Nature and God… and maybe the elves also.

But, what would I be expecting for such a small ecosystem such as this, not only must that fairy be small but also is very weak, but I didn’t know, for all I know I was wrong, it was very bothersome if you didn’t have a specialist or an expert near you.

But just thinking about that made my heart pump real fast, I didn’t know why maybe it was the [Bloodlust] acting up again, but if it was powerful then finally, I might have an equal opponent that won’t make our duel a one-sided massacre.

“Now then, Come at me you goddamn Fairy!”

13