Chapter 30: Invisible Enemy
286 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I yelled that to provoke my enemy, the wind formed into a small tornado before dispersing and losing its momentum, it was a sign that the ‘fairy’ was unable to materialized itself because it was neither strong nor weak, I primarily didn’t have a theory.

Even if they were weak, they can still materialize themselves to be able to be seen by humans, elves, dwarves, even demons, all they had to do was channel the essences or mana from nature, such as trees, flowers or something.

I didn’t know whether she was weak nor purposely didn’t materialize, I had a guess that she was weak since the was unable to get a stable amount of sunlight which was basically important for every living thing, even mythical entities.

Though I don’t know if dwarves are an exception as they rarely leave their cave fortresses, in fact, most dwarves I only saw were slaves by the human kingdoms.

The problem was, how to defeat her? certainly I can pass this floor like what I did in the earlier ones but I am feeling something like an aura blocking my path, the path to exit this floor and enter the other one was blocked, I couldn’t see how they blocked it or what blocked my way, all I knew I was sensing something like an aura that made a wall.

I don’t even know if I can fight nor scratch it, I had an unlimited amount of cartridges for at least a few hours or so before my mana runs out, I was smart enough to store a few summons but I am having seconds thoughts, if I summon them and they get killed I can resurrect them again at the cost of my mana, basically, a more expensive and less efficient way to fight.

That's why I thought of something to counter its expensive drawback I only took the strongest of the strong when I resurrect them, but most of them are those that only fought using physical means they didn’t use any magical skills or magic overall.

Which meant, ‘search and destroy’ tactics must be used, ‘fairies’ use magic from the environment and nature so its only fair that they have a main source when it came to absorbing and using it.

Confined in my thoughts I forgot that I was in the middle of a battle, in the midst of my brainstorming I was attacked by an invisible force, it wasn’t strong nor weak, just average but I had my doubts.

Obviously, they must be strong like those that I fought, this is the first demon king’s, not Lord, but King, King of all demons, his subordinates must be strong but for a weak cast of magic, too unexpected, even for me.

“Say, ‘Fairy’ why won’t you show yourself and fight with all you’ve got instead of relying on some ‘scare tactics’… ‘cause I’m very sure you must be surprise I even got this far.”

I announced inside the small ecosystem, then I felt a gush of wind from my front and to the rear, little did I know she covered my escape, she was preparing.

“I want a reply? Secretly covering my escape won’t do much.”

I exclaimed, stating that I noticed what she was planning, maybe an ‘all out frontal assault’ or a ‘one-on-one’ fight, essentially, she needs the mana from the ecosystem, if I destroyed it, the it’d be game over for it.

-A human such as yourself is already having a fair fight, but O arrogant human, you must know your place, sure, you have defeated his majesty’s followers at the upper floors, but myself and the last 5 floors beneath me are different.

She said before adding.

-I have faced far more powerful beings and entities, to me, your nothing more than a pathetic ant that is waiting to be stepped on, O arrogant human, you must know your place and leave while I still show mercy, I am in no Ti- Kueeghhh!

-W-what is this! Miasma! No… is this… a type of... Aura?!

It exclaimed as I released a certain amount of my aura mixed with miasma, I was technically an undead so I was able to mix both the aura and my miasma for a more powerful type of aura, but I didn’t think much of it, all bark and no bite.

“As you can see, I am in no time for chit-chat… [Summon: Tordente]”

I commanded and from the ground formed a small circle of a shadow and a monster with horns and orange eyes emerge, having the face and body of a bull it showed itself with intimidation, releasing a flaming aura, that of a burning light.

“It’s a little cold here don’t you think?”

I arrogantly said, threatening my invisible enemy, it meant that I can burn the entire ecosystem here and won’t give a single fuck about it, all I wanted was the soul of Axparixkux and his legion of hell, they were powerful and can be used as a stepping stone for me.

“Enou-“

Weird… I felt something pierce my chest, it pierced me so deep that I felt it go through my chest, destroying my ribs and organs located at my chest, it was like what I had felt when I was at the audience in front of Death itself, to think I’d feel it again.

It was so sudden and shocking that I didn’t move, I just stood up like a stone statue as I blankly stared in front of me, I thought my summon would protect me but little did I know, I had dropped my guard down, my summon was already defeated before me, after killing my summon it immediately took its eyes on me.

Shit, it isn’t the talkative type…

"Haah.."

I gave a deep sigh, before narrowing my eyes and glaring in front of me, hoping that my gaze and my invisible enemy’s meet, I didn’t know if our gazes met, but one thing was for sure… It was watching me.

“Cast [Blood Sacrifice]! Cast [BloodLust] Cast [Shadow Cloak]” I murmured in my own blood.

[Blood Sacrifice]- a skill that had a vicious and almost deadly amounts of drawbacks but was very useful when used once, it would deplete my health down to 10%, regeneration was impossible until a given amount of time, after using, the caster's movements gets slowed down, due to my level at max 10 minutes for all of this effects to start, possibility to lose oneself also.

[Shadow cloak]- I was fighting a wraith and a certain skill appeased me, not only was it compatible with me, it was also perfect for reconnaissance and to escape, I would become invisible from the eyes of my enemies, my speed improves, and there was a possibility for me to pass solid objects such as walls, drawback was that my mana decreases the longer I use it and that I can only use it in the dark.  if I can control it properly I can uncast it in the middle of battle and cast it again to escape for an 'attack and run' kind of tactic.

-O arrogant human, a being such as yourself doesn’t understand the state your in, you have fought and provoked the wrong enemy, for I am the ‘Dark Fairy’ Alreine, the 5th Legionnaire of the Demonic Legion of Hell, I have shown you mercy, for your death will be quick and painless.

It exclaimed as she thought I was dead, little did she know it was my counterattack.

As I casted all three deadly skills, I felt my heart start pumping 10x the speed, my eyesight turned bloody red, my strength and speed improved, and my entire body was slowly fading into nothingness, but there was something wrong, [Blood sacrifice] still hasn’t started yet.

As I thought that, my entire body felt multiple shocks from all parts of my body, my arms, head, legs, chest, everything, my entire body, I felt it was about to collapse, my blood, I was losing mass amounts of blood, liters of liters of blood was gushing out of me like a stream.

“Geukk! Urghh! Ha…hahahhaha.”

-Foolish human, when will all of you know when to stop figh-

She stopped in the middle of her sentence as I looked at where the voice coming from, the ponds, the crystal-clear pond, that was where that little shit was, as I knew where she was I materialize my gun and aimed at the pond, emptying my cylinder.

Loud dry gunshots rang out as I shot the pond, I narrowed my eyes to where I felt blood dripping down my eyes, like I was crying, not tears, but blood.

As soon, as I shot the pond, I gave a faint laugh, before disappearing into thin air, as the [Shadow Cloak] already started taking effect completely on my body, I was now like a ghost.

Then just like I had guessed, slowly the pond turned purple, light purple to be in fact, I wasn’t stupid to not read books about the mythical world, once the ‘Fairy’ has a found a place for main source, its obvious they needed to plant their main source there.

The once crystal-clear pond slowly became a light purple color, it slowly started mixing itself with the water, giving the new glowing purple like appearance of the pond, I then heard a loud shriek that echoed on the halls.

-AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

14