The Scavenger System: Part 1 ( 100 -> 76 Individuals : Mutant World)
79 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I remember the day the system came down. Life had been dangerous constantly avoiding mutants as to not die immediately as a "normal", but a hundred lucky normal's were given a "system" from a wandering god. I was one of those few, and t made my life more dangerous in the beginning. I was not the most powerful, nor the smartest, but I was cunning enough to survive by not letting my "status" been known by others.

System users became criminals, just because the mutant population didn't want to prove that normal's could be stronger then mutants. Living in a "mutants can do whatever because normal's aren't strong enough" rule was being challenged. So higher up mutants in society shut the hope down, while I and other system users strengthen ourselves discreetly. 

Not all mutants are humanoid or former humans, some are animals and the system comes in on harvesting mutants for our own gain, with a method that could make normal's far stronger then mutants, which is why system users are taboo in mutant cities, they don't want to be preyed upon by normal's, to them it is a big insult to be weaker then a normal, and the system allows the user to teach other normal's without a system the way to increase their power.

The system grades things in levels, with most normal's being level 1-4. Most mutants however are around the level 20 to even level 50 range for the stronger ones. System users start at level 5 and go up from there as when a people got the systems they all rose to level 5 no matter what level they were before, as for an example I was level 3 before, but checking the system log shows I was level 3. 

I have to go to work under a mutant merchant, where I am responsible for cleaning the items, because the man doesn't want to do the lowly work himself, so he makes me and others do it for minimum pay. I managed to save up for a gate pass a couple of years ago, and now I am training in secret, while doing errands for my boss. I managed to get to level 10 and it unlocked me a view of the current skills I have. 

___---___---___---___---___---___---___

Scavenger System 

Level: 14

-> Skills

  • Cleaning Lv. 2
  • Basic Knife Wielding Lv. 1

-> Items

  • Broom
  • Brush
  • Cleaning Pick
  • (Pair) Small Knives

___---___---___---___---___---___---___

My skills menu barely has anything but I saw two skills that if I train properly they will be essential to me in the future. Which is (Simple) Knife Wielding ; and my Clean skill. My clean skill upgraded when I hit level 10 so now I can clean impurities from a monsters core, one of the rarer items you can get from killing a mutant creature. I have killed two mutants past my level since getting to level 10, and after purifying the cores before absorbing them it offered more levels the taking the cores as is. 

Mutants can level up too, they just do it differently and a lot more dangerously. They eat the cores of a higher ranked mutant they will go through another mutation process. It will either upgrade or change their ability based on the core consumed. Some may wonder why normal's don't just eat cores, that's because the mutation often goes out of control and kills the normal who attempted to become mutants, or it turns them into uncontrollable beasts. So despite how many normal's there are the power level of mutants overwhelm us to the extent we can barely fight back. 

Through the system however the cores are relatively purified and people with skills like mine can purify cores to make it same for normal's to become powerful safely, which it a threat to the mutant community as most mutants are born not consuming a core to mutate. People are considered throwing away their life if they consume a core, because of the little chance of success.

I am not a philanthropist, I will not help others until I myself is strong enough to defend my own self first hand. So here i stay toiling away cleaning items, occasionally killing mutants to level up, honing my skills in secret, and biding my time. 

 

 

______________________________________________

Passed by another Apocalyptic World, but this one is more organized with cities and regulations, but what there always is, a bunch of people unsatisfied with their fates. So I sent down a system to help them get stronger. I only sent around 100 and 24 already died. I suppose the system landed on some stupid people, or unfortunate ones.

I will check back on them in couple of years, I have time to spare. 

 

 

3