Servant Complex ~ Ch 2
418 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oi, who the fuck are you?” 

“W-wait my voice!? What’s wrong with my voice!?” 

My once subpar baritone voice was now a high feminine one as sweet as honey. 

It didn’t help either everyone was so much shorter than me, or, was it that I was, taller? This blonde haired kid seemed to call me a black knight but, what is that? 

“I know you have many questions miss knight, but you were summoned to serve me. I am Prince Edward of Asperia in line to inherit the throne. You have come in part of the goddess of humility.”

Miss, for some reason, I rather liked that. Instead of correct it simply because it was too, annoying to obviously, I wanted to get out of this summon nonsense. 

“Right this is all that damn goddess’s fault, no I’m not serving anyone. More less you dumb nobles.”

“Kneel.” 

One word was all it took for me to drop down, how is this possible? 

“You seem rather shocked for someone who answered my call. The moment you ventured to this realm you decided to serve me.” 

Causally sauntering over to me he had an air of cockiness. I kept trying to move with all my might to punch this bastard to no avail. Raising my chin with his index finger his eyes burrowed through my helmet.  A smirk, was plastered across his remarkably handsome face. 

“I shall name you Rose, my black knight, you will make a wonderful addition to my collection.” 

“I’m no collectors item you b-bastard! I’m a living breathing hu-!” 

“Human? No no no that you aren’t, why don’t I show you?” 

Proceeding to slide my helmet off with a surprising amount of ease red hair flowed down to my shoulders. My pale and damaged skin had become a creamy purple colour lacking blemishes. Even though I couldn’t see my face, the reactions of those around me were enough to demonstrate my beauty.

“Eek! She’s so cute oh my gosh!”  

“I’m, c-cute?”

The mages were still here from the summoning, out of the eight one seemed particularly excited. She called me, cute. For whatever reason that strung chords within me I didn’t know I had? 

“Hey Prince Edward! I know traditionally it’s the role of the servants but can I show her around? Pleassse!~ 

“Yes yes do what you must so long as I can give Rose a test run after supper. Now why don’t you get up and follow Alyssa here. Oh, while we’re at it leave that helmet off, cutie.

Was he mocking me? What a literal piece of royal crap. 

Standing up with a faint flush on my face from Edward’s taunting and Allyssa’s compliments, I stomped away. 

“Hold up Rose I need to teleport us to the capital!” 

She was panting hard to catch up to me was I seriously that fast? Beyond that the capital? I’ve always heard stories but only the top one percent live there. It’s not something a lowly mercenary like I could see but imagining it was quite the past time. 

“Sorry there um, Alyssa? Why is it that we’re going to the capital.” 

“Well you serve the royal family now where else silly! You’ll be staying within the capital in the castle. Of course depending on the whims of your master things could change.” 

“He. Isn’t. My. Master.”

“Rigghht, anyway! Hold my hand so we can begin the teleportation.”

Grabbing her hand, which had a sturdiness I wasn’t expecting, within seconds we were off. 

“And here we are! Not sure if you’ve ever seen it but the capital is a sight to see!” 

“Wow...” 

All around there was something that seemed to catch my eye. Venders of all shapes and sizes selling luxurious goods I couldn’t hope to own. Various signage floating about with the use of magic. Following the spiralling road that contained an intricate design lead to a towering castle. So tall seeming to almost reach the sky with a faint blue colour making it almost glow. 

“Beautiful...”

One brick of that castle would be worth a fortune. Maybe I can start pawning away bricks? 

“Isn’t it beautiful! Well personally I prefer the interior but don’t tell his highness that.” 

“Rich...” 

I could be rich in a matter of months! 

“Yes yes it is very rich with colour now come on.” 

Yanking my arm before I could further take in my surroundings we approached the gate. Two ruffled looking men in slightly gaudy armour stood there. 

“Ah Alyssa welcome back, and who’s this tall lady, the new summon?” 

“That’s right I was just about to show her around her new quarters.” 

“Sounds good, open the gate let these two in!” 

The gate rumbled open leaving me awe struck at the large corridor inside. I may be stuck here for now but with so many valuables nearby I’ll easily escape. 

“Oh right before anything I should introduce you to the other summons you’ll be with.” 

“There’s more like, me? 

“Why Prince Edward is the utmost talented summoner in all of Asperia of course.” 

Bumbling around like a lost kitten I kept following her to where the other summons were. Maybe, they’ll help with my escape?

13